The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   The Two Wheelers (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheelers/)
-   -   Bajaj Launches New CT100 (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheelers/20802-bajaj-launches-new-ct100.html)

HARI GANGADHARAN 27th February 2015 10:26 PM

Bajaj Launches New CT100

1 Attachment(s)
Bajaj has silently revived its 100cc offering the CT 100 for the Indian market and is already on sale in Tier-III cities with deliveries set to commence soon.The new CT100 is priced At Rs. 35,801/-

Bajaj Silently Launches New CT 100, Priced At Rs. 35,801/- | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

srikany 28th February 2015 01:55 PM

Re: Bajaj launches new CT100

My friend had one 2000 year model CT100. One of the bikes I really likes from Bajaj. Hope they simply Dont axe this model after a years run.

RVSB 28th February 2015 09:12 PM

Re: Bajaj launches new CT100

Quote:

Originally Posted by HARI GANGADHARAN (Post 435512)
Bajaj has silently revived its 100cc offering the CT 100 for the Indian market and is already on sale in Tier-III cities with deliveries set to commence soon.The new CT100 is priced At Rs. 35,801/-

Bajaj Silently Launches New CT 100, Priced At Rs. 35,801/- | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

I think, this CT100 has the original Boxer's or the old CT100's engine which is known for their adrenaline rush and popping wheelies unexpectedly.
I had my very first wheelie on my friend's Old CT100.
B-But, I miss the classic look of the CTs! They had their own charm with their round HLs, high quality chromed spoke wheels and a classic design.

EDIT:
Now only read in MotorBeam that it has the same engine of the Old CT100/Boxer.
I didnt see any changes/information/details/addition of the CT brand/about CT100 in their website.

Releesh 2nd March 2015 02:30 PM

Re: Bajaj Launches New CT100

CT 100- one of the most reliable bike from Bajaj.

But for me, they should first tell me why they stopped it earlier and relaunch it now after many years without any change except alloy wheel.

Bajaj itself killing the resale value of their bikes by this stopping a model within couple of months, multiple launches with the same engine etc. It is the custmers suffering due to this.

Spare pats not readily available in most Bajaj ASS for many of their models stopped before 5 years.In local spare shops it is really confusing and need to change it 2/3 times after buying.

RVSB@

HL with fairing was earlier also available with CT 100.

generalmax 2nd March 2015 03:17 PM

Bajaj is reinveting something here. As per there sales model in 2006 they had stopped ct 100 when they had started marketing bikes in three categories,Pulsar,Discover and Platina. 100CC bikes were to come in Platina name.Confused guys made Platina 125,discover 125 and Pulsar 135 and what all .[lol] Permutations and combinations later back to CT 100. Boxer name would have been better? As the pages suggest this is the same old engine that we have found from 4s,1999 Caliber to Platina 100.Mileage king !

RVSB 2nd March 2015 04:10 PM

Bajaj Boxer would have been a good name.
The battle will be 50% completed by refreshing the glorious old memories of the people with the name 'Boxer'!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Releesh (Post 435797)
Spare pats not readily available in most Bajaj ASS for many of their models stopped before 5 years.
RVSB@

HL with fairing was earlier also available with CT 100.

Yes, They didnt have any spares for the old bikes.
Do you ever know that HH launched a bike named Joy?
Mostly, many people doesnt know that a bike name Joy ever existed.
I straightly went to Pudupet (Chennai) and asked for Joy sticker set (for my friend) and they said its available and I asked for 2, bought it and came to home without any fuss.

Yeah, AFAIK, even Boxer 150 had a HL Fairing.

incarnation 2nd March 2015 04:39 PM

lets just say im the one who hadn't heard the name up until now. its only now that i googled it and found that such a name exists. Thanks for sharing RVSB.

Releesh 2nd March 2015 05:23 PM

I remember that,it was their lost cost version bike like CD deluxe/dawn. There is not much difference with CD deluxe.

RVSB@

This one has no differnence with the old CT 100 and Boxer was an old model entirely different from this one. So better it'll known as CT 100 itself. Thanks Bajaj for not adding more confusion.

RVSB 2nd March 2015 05:41 PM

How the Old CT100 and the Boxer differ?

AFAIK, Joy has 2 differences compared to CD Dawn,
a) Stickers.
b) Wiring Harness.

Releesh 3rd March 2015 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^^ May be the Engine is same for CT 100 & Boxer, but Body styling of CT 100 is entirely different from Boxer varients. Some of the boxer varient pictures from Google below.

Nanofreak 1st March 2016 11:31 AM

Bajaj CT100B At Rs. 27,668 On Paytm

This is like killer price, chillar considering TVS XL price

Bajaj CT100B At Rs. 27,668 On Paytm - DriveSpark

Akash1886 23rd August 2017 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bajaj launches CT100 Electric Start variant at Rs. 41,997(ex-showroom Price Delhi)

Attachment 230594

Quote:

· Upgraded CT100 now comes with electric start, attractive new decals, fuel gauge and flexible side indicators.

Delhi, 23rd August, 2017: Bajaj Auto’s popular CT100 has been upgraded with an Electric Start. CT100 is known for its reliability, quality and superior fuel efficiency which makes it a ‘jackpot’ for the customer. The new CT100 Alloy ES has been priced at INR.41,997 for a limited period of time and will be available at all authorized Bajaj Auto dealerships across the country.

The CT100 Alloy ES is powered by a revolutionary 102 cc single cylinder engine, equipped with a 4-stroke petrol motor delivering 7.7 Ps of power and 8.24 Nm of torque. The new CT100 ES has an attractive new decal design, as well as a fuel gauge and flexible side indicators.

Commenting on the launch of the CT100 Alloy ES, Mr Eric Vas, President Motorcycle Business, Bajaj Auto Ltd said “The CT100 is the most compelling offering in its segment; it provides customers with superior mileage and now comes with the convenience of electric start. At an introductory price of Rs 41,997- we expect the CT100 Electric Start version to gain a large number of customers at the entry-level 100cc commuter segment, just the way the CT100 kick-start had done two years ago.”

The CT100 ES offers an extra-long seat that provides sufficient space and comfort for both rider and pillion. It also features the innovative SNS (Spring in Spring Suspension) technology that helps deliver an outstanding ability to handle tough road conditions with comfort. CT100 ES is available in three colour options - Black with silver & red decals, Black with silver & blue decals, and in Red.

CT 100 Alloy and CT 100 B in kick-start versions will continue to be available.
Regards

Akash