Firefox Raptor: Official Mountain-Bicycle Review

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Firefox Raptor: Relive The Cycling Adventure!​

photo0327.jpg

True Blue enthusiasts like all of us here always discuss about everything on wheels in our forum but there is one thing we often don’t discuss in detail. It’s the first set of wheels that we owned. i.e Bicycles. I do know many of us here are avid cyclists and at any given opportunity wouldn't mind cycling all the way to our offices and colleges. In today’s time when traffic has started to take a toll on our health and we waste a lot of time just waiting for the jams to clear off, here comes the most viable solution of all times: Bicycle!

photo0328.jpg

My first cycle that I got was the Paramount brand when I was in Class-II and then after 4 years finally graduated to Hero Ranger Gearless Cycle which stayed till I was in Class 10th. After that, I got another Bicycle for next 2 year that too was a Hero and non-geared one. After 2004 my love for cycling took a back seat, but, after a decade, today I finally got an opportunity to review a Bicycle, called Raptor launched by Fire-Fox Bikes in India with 7 Speed Shimano Gears at INR 24,850/- all inclusive.

Really thankful to Vibhor for entrusting me with the responsibility to officially reviewing this Bicycle for our forum Moreover, he did inform me that it is the 1st ever official Bicycle Review for The Automotive India, thus, it became all the more special for me to review this enticing and rugged Bicycle.

The Raptor is a Bicycle which is surely the best companion for the adventurous souls who look forward to living the unparalleled cycling experience every single time. I took this Bicycle for a run in my sector only and every single time I paddled it, I was reminded of the good ol’ days of my childhood and schooling. Honestly, no matter how many swanky bikes or cars we may have at our disposal but nothing can be a substitute to the joy of riding a bicycle.

Fire Fox Bikes, which is a name of repute in the Cycling world with the launch of this adventurous bicycle i.e Raptor, now adds yet another jewel to its crown. In the line-up of several racing bicycles, the Raptor does carve out a distinct niche for itself all because of excellent engineering, design and comfort that have been the forte of the Fire Fox Cycles always.

When I first saw the Raptor at my place, I was really surprised to see how in a span of decade the looks of the bi-cycles have enhanced and have become so very contemporary and at the same time its design is very pleasing to the eyes and symmetrically designed with no unwanted edges and curves. The Black colored rims, Black Handle bar altogether provide the Raptor with an aggressive look. It is one of those rare Bi-Cycles which can stand out of the rest simply because of its distinguishing looks and the bold contrasting graphics. The Color Blue definitely accentuated the overall looks of the Bi-Cycle there by making it a perfect balance of killer looks and adventurous riding.

photo0329.jpg

If I talk of the riding comfort, then Raptor won’t leave you craving for more. It scores full marks in the ride too. The foremost equipment that shall assure the rider of the comfort is the seating on the cycle. The Seat is slightly narrow yet comfortable and can be adjusted as per requirement with the lever provided next to the seat. I rode this Bi-Cycle for a distance of 3 km up-down and during that it passed on some rough patches on road but I was surprised with grip of the Tyre(s) i.e Kenda 26*2.1 Tyre. The scientifically designed tread-blocks give superb grip on rough patches too and even when I braked the Cycle did not skid and Tyre(s) did their job really well along with the front and rear disk brakes. The air pressure to be maintained in Tyre is min 40Psi at all times and Max up-to 65Psi. The Tyre’s rubber quality used by Fire-Fox is very decent and one shouldn't be bothered about them developing cracks in first 2-3 years of its ownership. Overall, I can say the USP of the really comfortable ride of Raptor is undoubtedly the good quality Tyre(s).

photo0330.jpg

Another point worth mentioning about the Raptor-full suspension bicycle is that, if by chance it may ride over the speed bumps, the rider can be assured of minimal jerks thanks to the ergonomically designed handle bar which insures that the rider shall not lose control during jerks. The handle bar wrists are properly cushioned to give the rider comfort of riding for a longer time without any strain and sweaty feel on the palms.

photo0331.jpg

Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Firefox Raptor: Official Mountain-Bicycle Review.

Honestly speaking, Riding a Bi-cycle after a decade was one of the most awesome feeling for me and with the exemplary comfort, grip, balance and looks, this Raptor Bicycle is worth owning for those who love cycling and also for those who are really looking to rekindle those golden days of their lives where owning a bicycle made one feel like a king. Excellent product overall in my opinion and surely a must buy for true cycling lovers as they surely know how it feels when riding with cycling gear on!!

I suggest, the best weather to ride it is during the monsoons or winters, the feel shall be really one of it’s kind and you won’t have to worry of the mud slings, as there is a proper provision of front and rear mud guards.

What I Liked in Raptor

• Clean and Symmetrical Design.

• Sturdy Body Frame

• Black Rims and Spokes give it a sporty look

• Easy Gear Shifts

• Well designed shockers.

• Comfortable Seat.

• Wheel reflectors for added visibility at night.

• Additional provision of adding power brakes.

What can be Improved:

• Limited Color Choice

• The Rod joints can be further finished to better looks.

• No Head-light fixture given

• If its bought for a school kid, there should be proper provision of a bell from OEM itself.
In the eyes of a common man or a non-enthusiast it might be just another bi-cycle with a handle and Tyre from the available large herd but to really feel the adventure and breeze of stress free cycling, Riding a Raptor is a must!

So for all my enthusiastic friends here, these are the technical specs of the Fire-Fox Raptor:

Frame-set

• Sizes : 18" & 19.5"

• Frame : Alloy Full Suspension

• Front Suspension : SR Suntour Suspension fork, 75mm

• Rear Suspension : KS-261,Steel 750LB

Drive-train

• Shifters : SHIMANO EF51, 7 speed

• Front Deraileur : SHIMANO TX50

• Rear Deraileur : SHIMANO ACERA M360

• Crankset : PRO-WHEEL 24/34/42,170mm

• BB Set : VP-BC73 Sealed Cartridge

• Freewheel : SHIMANO TZ31 14-34T, 7 speed

• Pedals : WELL-GO Alloy platform

Wheels

• Wheels : Alloy 36H Double Wall Rims

• Tires : KENDA 26 X 2.1"

Components

• Seat Post : Alloy 30.4 X 350mm

• Handlebar : ZOOM Alloy 660mm , 31.8mm 20mm rise

• Stem : ZOOM Alloy, 28.6mm

• Headset : VP Steel 1-1/8" threadless

• Brakeset : TEKTRO F/R Disc w/Shimano EF51 levers

Add-on

• Front /Rear Wheel & Seat post with QR.

Here are the final pics of this awesome Bicycle!

Photo0345.jpg

photo0332.jpg

photo0333.jpg

photo0335.jpg

photo0336.jpg

photo0337.jpg

photo0338.jpg

photo0339.jpg

photo0341.jpg

Photo0342.jpg

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0344.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

Photo0348.jpg

So Friends, being my 1st Bi-Cycle review, it was an enthralling experience to relive those dormant desires of a joyful and exciting ride on the cycle.

I hope this review shall make you all also much eager to relive the rather forgotten joy of cycling!

Regards

Akash

350Z

Core Team
Thread now live. Excellent write up Akash. Thanks for writing the first review of a bicycle for TAI. Sign of many more exciting things to come. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent Td report aakash, yes first of its kind apart from the motor machines thats officially posted.
Firefox have been in the market from a long time now where initially they have been able to capture the market pretty well but lately with the issues with their quality, as well as services and with the international brands available they do see the heat in the market.
Thankyou for creating this thread and bringing back lot many memories of many members here of their cycling days.

Congrats akash for your latest zero emission aquisition and it is good review too.

I was a big fan of cycles especially geared ones. I had owned around 7 cycles from my 7th std to 12th. In that 3 numbers were geared ones. I think some of you will remember the models of that time like Hercules MTB (3speed) with front shock, BSA streetcat(Shimano 18 speed) with front shock & Hero ranger swing (Shimano 18 speed) with front & rear shocks.

Nowadays there are many imported brands and chinese models are available. But the huge price of these cycles made it away from common man. I remember my last cycle ranger swing bought at Rs.4850 in 1999. With the same facilities cycles now costing above rs.8 K to rs.30K.

BTW your cycle have 3sprokects at front and 7sprockets at rear, then it is 21 speed(3*7) not 7speed one.

Congratulations Aakash.

Do you use it daily?

Your thread encouraged me to write a another review of my bicycle which I bought last month as every day I was thinking to write some small review about it but due to lack of time and eagerness I just postponed it. But I'll surely write it soon.

Happy cycling..

Thread Starter #7

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Congrats akash for your latest zero emission aquisition and it is good review too.

BTW your cycle have 3sprokects at front and 7sprockets at rear, then it is 21 speed(3*7) not 7speed one.
Congratulations Aakash.

Do you use it daily?

Your thread encouraged me to write a another review of my bicycle which I bought last month as every day I was thinking to write some small review about it but due to lack of time and eagerness I just postponed it. But I'll surely write it soon.

Happy cycling..
Thanks Reelesh and Sandeep for the humble appreciation. I do not own this bi-cycle, it was one of the official assignments for T.A.I to be written about. Honestly, the pleasure of riding a bi-cycle is unforgettable and reminded me and surely all of us of the care-free days of school and childhood.

Looking forward for hearing many more beautiful stories.

Regards

Akash

Excellent work done bro. This is the best bicycle review ever in india. I am planning to buy a bike for myself soon. This helped a lot. Thanks.
Just wanted to say that i have shortlisted three bikes... Firefox raptor, hercules a500 and cosmic flash 21. Please give a review of these bikes too. All my doubts will be cleared. Thanks

Top Bottom