Hero Gearing Up To Launch Non-Honda Powered Models

Thread Starter #1
India's largest manufacturer of two wheeler is gearing up to launch their products with non-Honda engines next year.None of these engines are developed by the aid of their former collaborator-Honda.They are said to be purely "HERO".This line up will consists of 2 scooters and 2 motorcycles.The motorcycles are likely to get a 150cc and 110 cc engines whereas the scooters will get a 150cc and 125cc engines.The scooter with 150cc is said to be the most powerful and fuel efficient in the segment.These two wheelers were showcased at 2014 indian auto expo.

source:MOTOR BEAM

Link:Hero To Launch 2 Scooters & 2 Bikes Next With Non-Honda Engine | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Last edited:
Re: Hero gearing up to launch non-Honda powered models next year

Yes Hero Moto corp are under developing their own engines.
Would be intresting to see the 150cc scooter specs, first offering on the scooter segment if its for the gearless market.

have heard from a trusted source( who said about hx even before it was showcased) a 110cc bike, 150cc bike and scooter, 200 cc naked, hx are on the cards for next year.

Yes Hero Moto corp are under,developing their own engines.
Would be intresting to see the 150cc scooter specs, first offering on the scooter segment if its for the gearless market.
This should be the right way but was posting through my mobile so couldnt see the improper punctuations and without posting that coma made the sentence the other way.
IC, thankyou mate for the corrections.

Last edited:

Hero without Honda?
I wonder whether the non Honda engine would be built by hero itself or getting built by guys at EBR and tagging that engine as 'An engine fully built in-house by Hero R&D".
If Hero develops it completely by their R&D and bring in some tweaks of EBR, I would be the happiest person in the world!

Kudos to Hero.Please do that,Hero.MFG your own Engines with your own R&D.Same here RSVB Man,I would be the happiest person in the world if they do that ! I would like to see a Maestro with a Tachometer,Telescopic Front suspension,Hero Self-built 110cc engine .

Why a scooter needs a tacho? For tuning, mechanics have handheld tachometers.
Even though if a scooter has a tacho, the rpm needle will never cross 6k point (if it is analog).

Hero's New 125cc Scooter. Dare?

Hero MotoCorp will soon be expanding its scooter lineup and plans to contest in the higher 125cc segment against none other than ex-partner Honda’s offering, the Activa 125. In this new spy shot emerged online, Hero’s new 125cc scooter was caught testing with medium camouflage revealing a great deal about the upcoming model. What also makes this scooter special is that it will be powered by the Indian two-wheeler giant’s self-developed engine.
While Hero had showcased the sporty Dare 125 concept at this year’s Auto Expo, the model spied looks radically different from the same hinting of a completely new product. The 125cc scooter gets more conservative in design with the conventional high mounted headlamp flanked by turn indicators, well-cushioned seat and silver finished grab rail. The side panels seem to be tapered down for a more leaner look on the scooter and reduces the visual bulk.
In terms of mechanicals, the report states that the upcoming Hero scooter gets telescopic front forks. With Hero developing its own engines now, the new scooter is likely to feature an in-house developed 125cc motor that will be tuned to produce around 9.5 BHP of power. The 125cc automatic scooter space is one of the fast growing segments that currently has limited offerings and Hero will certainly want to tap the growing potential this space has to offer. To be launched next year, Hero’s 125cc scooter is expected to be priced at around Rs. 58,000/- (ex-showroom).

source: motor beam and bike advice
Hero's 125cc Scooter Caught Testing, To Rival Honda Activa 125 | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Attachments

Last edited:
Mysterious Hero Scooter With Telescopic Suspension Spotted, New Maestro?

Hero MotoCorp seems to be readying another scooter to take on its biggest rival Honda along with TVS.

One look at the spy shot, thanks to the good folks at Gaadiwaadi.com, and we know that this is not one of the 3 scooters that Hero was scheduled to launch here. The company has never been known for scooters which have indicators integrated into the head lamp console and instead, they have always placed them on the front apron. This mysterious scooter flaunts a main body frame which has the distinct design characteristics of the Maestro. Even the grab rail follows the design philosophy of the Maestro’s unit.
The seats look to be broad and appear to be comfort centred. The size looks to be at par with most unisex scooters available in the market. The broad floorboard also signals at the same. The suspension is thankfully a telescopic unit and the front brake gives enough proof of the presence of a combination brake mechanism which is called as Integrated Braking System in Hero’s terminology.
So, is this the new non-Honda engine powered scooter or a Maestro update?[confused]

Re: Mysterious Hero Scooter With Telescopic Suspension Spotted, New Maestro?

Looks OK though.Not to my Tastes.I think This is the Maestro 125cc.Same like what Honda did with the Activa.But The same design with more features would have been alot better.The Front lamp positioning looks like the First-gen TVS Scooty Teen.I would love to see Alloy Wheels,Front Discs and RPM Meter too.

Re: Mysterious Hero Scooter With Telescopic Suspension Spotted, New Maestro?

Looks OK though.Not to my Tastes.I think This is the Maestro 125cc.Same like what Honda did with the Activa.But The same design with more features would have been alot better.The Front lamp positioning looks like the First-gen TVS Scooty Teen.I would love to see Alloy Wheels,Front Discs and RPM Meter too.
No one knows except Hero whether it's a 125 cc or the same 110 cc.

There was no first gen, second gen blah blah on the Teenz. Only a single gen of Teenz came. But yes, it looks like Teenz but only to an extent.

Even, Hero gave Alloy Wheels to the Pleasure (100cc) scooter but not to the Maestro (110cc).

I cant understand why scooters need a tacho!
Why a scooter needs a tacho? For tuning, mechanics have handheld tachometers.
Even though if a scooter has a tacho, the rpm needle will never cross 6k point (if it is analog).

Top Bottom