Hero Xtreme Sports Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
Hero Xtreme Sports launched in India

Hero-Xtreme-Sports-concept-at-EICMA-2014-1024x682.jpg

Hero-Xtreme-at-the-2014-Nepal-Auto-Show-1024x682.jpg

Hero-Xtreme-rear-three-quarter-at-the-2014-Nepal-Auto-Show-1024x682.jpg

Hero MotoCorp seem to be on a launching spree this year with their latest offering being the Xtreme Sports. Showcased just before the expo, the Sports has a different design than the already revamped Xtreme. It gets dual brow LED pilot lamps and an edgier street-fighter like headlamp.
At first glance, the headlamp seems like an iteration of the Achiever's. From the sides, you can see a Pulsar 200NS influence. The tank, exhaust, meters, seats (split units) as well as the tail lamp look all-new. Indicators of the new Xtreme Sports look identical to ones on the new Karizma twins.
The most important change for the Hero Xtreme Sports has happened under the skin. It borrows the familiar Honda-derived 150cc engine but makes 15.2PS of power and 12.8Nm of torque. This is by far the highest power rating that this 150cc engine has been tuned to produce.
Source

Source

Thanks for the News Mr.Boss.I saw the Small news of this Bike getting launched soon in Metroplus Paper.She looks Gorgeous and will be a 'Safer' buy than the GiXXer.It's clear the engine has been Tuned by EBR Guys and they have done a great job.I thought it was Fuel-injected.Great going,Hero.But still you have to make your own engines right ?

the xtreme and xtreme sports just seem to be a mismatch. I would loved one product either xtreme or xtrme sports with 15.2 bhp power.

Never mind, the EBR tuned karizma accelearates crazily. Drove a R with a top speed of 132 and the ZMR with the top speed of 136.

Hope the xtreme sports touches 120. for a moment, i thought of buying the ZMR 2014. But I'm holding myself back for the Hx.

Hero has already applied patent for karizma, xtreme, splendour in USA and these motorcycles are going to be in USA by 2016 and will be solded at EBR outlets in usa with a bit of modificiation to meet the norms.

Splendor for USA?!?!?!?!?[lol]

The Xtreme Sports is looking good and engine specs are good atleast in paper. Let's see how this bike stirs the market!

To my test CBZ Xtreme sports looks quite good comparing the whole Xtreme line up and they done nothing extreme here. Everything in its place - no fear all the time to loose tail lamps if it rear ended by Rickshaw.

Looks like never unsettling looks of Xtreme line up finally settle down - paid good respect for CBZ (original) badge.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
New Hero Xtreme Sports Pyro Orange.jpg

Friends,

HERO MOTOCORP AUGMENTS PREMIUM SEGMENT PORTFOLIO WITH THE LAUNCH OF XTREME SPORTS

‘XTREME SPORTS’ COMES WITH POWERFUL ENGINE AND STREET FIGHTER STYLING; ATTRACTIVELY PRICED AT RS 72,725 (EX-SHOWROOM DELHI)

New Delhi, June 30, 2015: Keeping up its aggressive new products initiative, Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL), the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer, today introduced ‘Xtreme Sports’ - the new sportier and more powerful version of its popular 150-cc motorcycle Xtreme.

This is the second product launch from Hero MotoCorp in quick succession in the month of June, having earlier rolled out the new Passion Pro across markets in the country.

The ‘Faster than Ever’ new Xtreme Sports offers not only a sporty ride quality but also one of the best power output in its class. The powerful engine paired with aggressive street fighter styling is set to appeal to the biking enthusiasts of today, while its abundant aesthetic enhancements give it a distinct look on the road.

The market launch of ‘Xtreme Sports’, which was first showcased at the Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi, further augments Hero’s product range in the premium segment.

Engine
The ‘Xtreme Sports’ is powered by a 149.2cc air-cooled, 4-stroke single cylinder engine, producing a maximum power output of 15.6 BHP @8500 rpm and maximum torque of 13.5 Nm @ 7000 rpm. The new Xtreme Sports reaches from 0-60 km/h in a mere 4.7seconds.

Stylish and Feature rich
Increasing the style quotient of the sporty ‘Xtreme Sports’ are a host of new external features, such as the front cowl with aerodynamic visor, new wolf-eye headlamp with aggressive Twin LED Pilot Lamps and winkers. The split step-up seat enhances both looks and riding comfort while the stylish exhaust with the trendy muffler cover adds to the sportiness and enhances heat shielding. The unique LED tail lamp in tandem with a trendy split grab rail makes the bike even more attractive from the rear.

The bike is available in five body colors – Panther Black, Fiery Red, Mercuric Silver and the new Black-Red and Pyro Orange colors.

Safety and Convenience
Along with riding pleasure the Xtreme Sports also comes with adequate safety and convenience elements. While Tubeless Tyres enhance safety of the rider and pillion, the wider rear tyre improves performance and provides better road grip. The new Digi-analog console with side stand indicator improves instrument cluster visibility. The 240 mm front and 220 mm rear disc brakes ensure there is enough stopping power for emergency braking.

Hero MotoCorp is set to roll out a multi-media communication campaign for Xtreme Sports. Based on Xtreme’s positioning – ‘Live off the edge’, the exciting campaign will feature Hero’s brand ambassador and reigning heartthrob of Hindi cinema Ranbir Kapoor. The campaign will premier on television and then be taken on other platforms including print and social media.

The Xtreme Sports is available at all Hero dealerships across the country. It is attractively priced at Rs. 72,725/- (ex-showroom Delhi), Rs. 73,194/- (ex-showroom Mumbai), Rs. 71,515/- (ex-showroom Chennai) Rs. 73,902/- (ex-showroom Kolkata) and Rs. 71,729/- (ex-showroom Bangalore).

Official Source

Regards

Akash

This Bike looks much better than Honda Unicorn 160 - Yesterday Spot one 'Panther Black' color in a traffic - Looks Awesome.

All Black treatment make it elegant and massive & looks much more muscle than Uni 160.

(No offence to Honda Owners)

Like the looks of the bike and guys did you note that the Steering handle lock is at the top of the RH Indicator like the RE's.

Wonder why they have placed it at the side? [confused]

^^^
Yes....

I think they are going back to 'Pre - Splender' era when all Hero Honda Bikes comes with side lock.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I planning to buy xtreme Sports 2015 edition.

Anyone here brought it? Can i have the bike review from you guys, esp interms of looks and the mileage?

I'm currrently using RTR160 and often i ride my cousin's FZ, I got bored of these models, So want to upgrade to a Good 150/160cc segment bike.

Thank you in advance,
Sunil

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Hero exits 150cc motorcycle segment – Xtreme Sports discontinued

hero-xtreme-sports-discontinued-no-bs6-2.jpg

Sales of Hero Xtreme Sports have been extremely low for many months now. There was hope that it would have gotten BS6 update. But with the bike name removed from website, BS6 update no longer possible.

Diminishing sales and high cost of upgrade to BS6 are among the key reasons that have prompted Hero MotoCorp to pull the plug on Xtreme Sports. The bike was among the least sold products in Hero’s portfolio with November 2019 sales at just 1,237 units. As per SIAM sales data, Xtreme Sports was being dispatched to dealerships till October 2019. Since then, dispatches have been stopped completely. The bike has also been taken off from the company’s website. As of now, only 200S and 200R from the Xtreme range are listed on Hero’s website. This marks the exit of Hero MotoCorp from the 150 cc motorcycle segment.

Read:

Top Bottom