ABS To Be Made compulsory For Two Wheelers

Thread Starter #1
Anti-lock brake system to make bikes, scooters safer in India.The ABS on twowheelers is part of that plan to enhance the safety of vehicles in India and gradually adopt standards applicable in developed countries.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways is working on a plan to make the anti-lock brake system (ABS) compulsory for two-wheelers to improve their stability while braking, thereby increasing the safety quotient.
The ABS has been an effective tool to manoeuvre a vehicle, especially on slippery roads, as it offers better steering control when brakes are applied.
The government plans to introduce ABS for bigger engine twowheelers in future, gradually expanding to mass market commuter models in a phased manner once this technology reaches a scale and becomes popular.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...oters-safer-in-india/articleshow/45067292.cms

Last edited:
Re: ABS to be made complulsary for Two wheelers

yes, very much required
I have skidded several times in my Pulsar.

Re: ABS to be made complulsary for Two wheelers

This would take its time tobe implemented on two wheelers.Its surely a welcome move but first let them make it mandatory for four wheelers where its been getting postponed since long and further then we might see it getting implied on two wheelers.
But its a good news.
Mods i think this thread should be in two wheels section.

Last edited:
Good news.[clap] Now the road accidents are increasing so it is required. Now only bikes like apache,duke 390 only has ABS in india has ABS,hope others bikes to get ABS soon

Last edited:
While from a safety angle it would be desirable from a practical point it seems unrealistic. Both front and rear brakes would need to be hydraulic. This together with the costs for the system would push the prices to unaffordable levels. I think this is a case of some technically challenged person in a position he should never have been appointed to.

Top Bottom