Honda is not given out any info whether its going to be launched in india or not but if its an import its not gonna work out as the prices would come close to 2.5 lacs exshowroom. its a trusted bike though its in the market since 1985 and evolved since then. in 2012 it looked more like a cafe racer.if you woud like to know more
Honda Rebel was originally launched in 1985 and over almost three decades, it is one of the company’s most popular models. This model, also called CMX 250 is a part of Honda’s CM cruiser series and it is characterized by small engine, light weight and excellent fuel economy. Although it is called Rebel, it does not have probably anything common with that term. Moreover, this bike is one of the most unintimidating, user-friendly bikes on the road. Ironically, if you take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Rider Course, you will probably ride one of these. 2014 Honda Rebel specs
The 2014 Honda Rebel is designed in a classic cruiser design. And full of chrome details like chrome-plated headlight, taillight and turn signal casings. It also features Pullback handlebar, teardrop fuel tank, two-piece custom seat and bobbed fenders evoke the classic look of yesteryear. Beside its classic look, 2014 Honda Rebel is designed to be very practical so it features some modern things like reliable push-button electric starter. Also, a semi-double-cradle frame allows for a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height. With only 26.6 inches of seat height, 2014 Rebel not only that allows you to put your both feet when on ground at stops, but also makes you feel very comfortable and full of confidence.
With only 331 pound of weight, small engine fits perfectly. It is powered with 234 cc, four stroke, air cooled parallel twin cylinder engine and it has manual 5-speed transmission. Although it has only 16 horses, because of its lightweight, 2014 Honda Rebel can reach 70 mph, which makes this bike approachable for beginners, but also for experienced riders. Beside decent performances, this bike is characterized by an excellent fuel economy. Average fuel consumption is 84 mpg, which means that you can make over 200 miles with its fully loaded 2.6 gallons tank. 2014 Honda Rebel price
One of the main trumps of 2014 Rebel is price. However, this bike has not only accessible price but it is also characterized by one of the lowest costs of the ownership around. The 2014 Honda Rebel costs only 4.199 dollars and it is available in black or candy red colour.
courtesy:2014 Honda Rebel - Review, Cost, msrp, mpg, 250, 450 atures and Benefits
- Constant-Velocity Carburetor - Constant-velocity (CV) carburetor gives excellent throttle response and helps contribute to the Rebel’s estimated 84 MPG*.
- Automatic Cam-Chain Tensioner - Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires no maintenance and helps make an already low-maintenance motorcycle even better.
- 234cc SOHC Engine - Proven four-stroke powerplant is smooth, quiet, fuel-efficient and easy to maintain. Screw-type valve adjusters simplify engine work, while automatic cam-chain tensioner and solid-state CD ignition are both maintenance-free.
- Solid-State CD Ignition - Maintenance-free, solid-state CD ignition never needs adjustment and is super-reliable.
- Screw-Type Valve Adjusters - Screw-type valve adjusters are simple, proven, reliable, and help to simplify maintenance.
- Classic Styling Accents - Custom-styled, chrome-plated headlight, taillight and turn signal casings add gleaming touches to the classic Rebel package. Pullback handlebar, teardrop fuel tank, two-piece custom seat and bobbed fenders evoke classic look of yesteryear.
- Electric Starter - Simple, reliable push-button electric starter makes getting underway a snap, even on cold mornings or if your bike’s been sitting for a week.
- Front Disc Brake - Front disc brake with twin-piston caliper provides great, predictable stopping power and is self-adjusting.
- Spoke Wheels - The Rebel’s spoke-type wheels with chrome rims add a real custom look to this sharp machine.
- Chassis/Suspension - Semi-double-cradle frame allows a long wheelbase and extremely low seat height (26.6"). Hydraulic front fork with dual bushings and dual rear shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability deliver a smooth ride and light, agile handling.
- New Black color joins Candy Red - New for 2013
Engine Type234cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinderBore And Stroke53mm x 53mmInductionSingle 26mm diaphragm-type constant-velocity (CV) carburetorIgnitionCDCompression Ratio9.2:1Valve TrainSOHC; two valves per cylinderTransmissionFive-SpeedFinal DriveO-ring-sealed chainFront Suspension33mm fork; 4.6 inches travelRear SuspensionDual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 2.9 inches travelFront BrakeSingle-disc with twin-piston caliperRear BrakeDrumFront Tire3.00-18Rear Tire130/90-15Rake30°40’ (Caster Angle)Trail 113mm(4.4 inches)Wheelbase57.1 inchesSeat Height26.6 inchesCurb Weight331 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)Fuel Capacity2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserveMiles Per Gallon84 mpg