What 100CC Bike Would You Have Bought Between '90 – '06?

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI-Gers ![:)]
I came here with a question and I wanted to ask this to you.[confused]
The question is " Which 100CC bike will you buy if you were in the years between 1990 and 2006 ? "

AFAIK, The bikes existed in the mentioned time period is:

_Hero Honda Bikes_
- Splendor / Splendor+
- CD100
- CD Dawn
- CD Deluxe

_Bajaj Bikes_
- Boxer Series
- Platina
- CT100
- Discover series

_TVS Suzuki Bikes_
- Max 100 / Max 100 R
- Samurai
- Star City

_Yamaha Bikes_
- Yamaha RX100
- Yamaha Crux
- Yamaha Libero

_Kinetic Bikes_
- Kinetic Boss

Which bike will you buy ?

Cheers ![:)]

Re: Which 100CC bike will you buy in the time period between 90' to (20)06'

I think you should also add Bajaj Kawasaki 4S champion to the list as well.

Nice Thread Bro

For Me,It would be the TVS Suzuki Samurai anyday ! Provided it's Bullet-proof reliability,Cheap Price and The Easy Availability of the Spare Parts,Mileage and Most Importantly for it's Looks,Build Quality,Ride Quality,Seating Comfort,2-Stroke-Baby Feel !!

PLUS,I can Kick the Butt of every bike you mentioned with the Samurai,except for the Yamaha RX 100 which can only be defeated by the Ultimate RX Killer,The TVS Suzuki Shogun.

If Spares,Mileage is not the problem,Every TAI-an will pick the RX 100 !

Mr.RollerDude,I highly agree with you as the 4S Champion was a good 4 Stroke Bike

4 Stroke: Splendor
2 Stroke: RX

Ultimate RX Killer,The TVS Suzuki Shogun.
OT: Number of specimens alive on road should tell you which is killer and which got killed.

Thread Starter #5

@ Mr. Roller Dude
Do you like the Bajaj Kawasaki 4S Champion ? In which ways/things that the bike made you to like it ?

@ Mr.Boss
Same question as asked for Mr. Roller Dude.
Why do you like RX and Splendor ?

@ Bharath
I know you would always select TVS Suzuki Samurai in this thread ![;)]
Do you like any other bike in the 100CC segment except TVS Suzuki Samurai ?

Last edited:

Thanks bro !

OT-Again you are attacking me,Mr.Boss.Only a Shogun Owner or one with Experience with this bike will know in why it was better than Any RX ever Produced ! No Offence to RX Owners.I have spoke to many Shogun Owners and they all tell that It's Roar,Acceleration and Top speed is better than any RX.But Today,RX is seen Much more than Shogun only because Yamaha's Dedication towards that bike and which TVS Lacked it and also had a Big Spare parts Availability Problem even in it's Haydays.If that was not a Problem and Maintainence was low,I am sure that bike would be seen more than RX Series on the Road.Still smoking some bikes with a 2 stroke !!

Last edited:

Why do you like RX and Splendor?
RX for the performance (which other bikes in this segment lack)
Splendor for the balanced practicality, efficiency, looks, A.S.S

OT-Again you are attacking me,Mr.Boss
I don't actually. But if you take it that way, it's upto you.
I never commented about the performance part as I have already tasted the raw power from Shogun. All I wanted to say is regarding the statement "RX Killer"
Shogun may come with loads of power, but the fact is it got killed in the market for so many other reasons and RX isn't.

Oh Ok Mr.Boss,I am sorry about that ! But can you PM me why the Shogun got killed ?

@RVSB: You missed one more 2 stroke, KB100

why the Shogun got killed ?
Yamaha's Dedication towards that bike and which TVS Lacked it and also had a Big Spare parts Availability Problem even in it's Haydays.If that was not a Problem and Maintainence was low...
You answered it man, no more explanation required.

Oh,Ha ha ha !! Ok Thank you for helping me out there,Mr.Boss !

Well, it boils down to what you are looking for. In your list, most of the bikes were mere commuters and not performance oriented like the Splendor, CD100, Platina, Boxer, CT100 - almost all of them. 4S champion is one such bike. My father owned one and I have used it quite a lot. When we sold it in 2012 (after buying the Hunk) it was more than 17years old and still ran like new. It started usually on a first powerful kick and the gears changed effortlessly, absorbed bumps quite well and had a good linear acceleration and nice exhaust sound (somehow it was particular to ours only), all this when it was was not serviced timely and sometimes after very long breaks, still highly reliable. These reasons make me still like the 4S champion above all others in the list.

Secondly, comparing bikes like RX100 and shogun with these commuters is very unfair!

Ha ha ha,That's right Mr.Rollerdude,It is very Unfair !

Thread Starter #13

Well, it boils down to what you are looking for. In your list, most of the bikes were mere commuters and not performance oriented like the Splendor, CD100, Platina, Boxer, CT100 - almost all of them. 4S champion is one such bike. My father owned one and I have used it quite a lot. When we sold it in 2012 (after buying the Hunk) it was more than 17years old and still ran like new. It started usually on a first powerful kick and the gears changed effortlessly, absorbed bumps quite well and had a good linear acceleration and nice exhaust sound (somehow it was particular to ours only), all this when it was was not serviced timely and sometimes after very long breaks, still highly reliable. These reasons make me still like the 4S champion above all others in the list.

Secondly, comparing bikes like RX100 and shogun with these commuters is very unfair!
No no. I tried to ask what bike will you buy according to your usage. Like you are a speed junkie or a high mileage seeker. I thought that you will mention some bike which is in 100-110 cc segmet and mention why you chose that bike.

Re: What 100CC Bike Would You Have Bought Between '90 – '06?

I bought HH Passion in 2001 which is 1st Gen of the bike and during that time I was a mileage seeker and still running strong and decided to keep it forever - It is now almost Zero Maintenance Bike - except Fuel.

In between I drive almost all HH Bike - owned by someone else. As a commuter no problem bike I liked Glamour 125 bike despite of it's look, No idea though current HM's bike.

After one decade later 2011, I bought a CBR250R when I starving for speed & power.

My first bike was Bajaj CT 100, those time you will see everywhere CT 100. In our friends group of 12, 4 had CT 100 during that time.

On sundays we use to go to Pondy Gandhi Beach. We park our CT100 in parking area near by. If we have to take our bike back, literally we have to search for our Reg. No.

Almost 10 years completed. Still it is riding in good condition. Some how I still love that bike.

I love to see a customized painting of Yamaha RX 100. But most of the people tamper with silencer to make it more sound which is irritating.

Top Bottom