Why Hyosung Bikes Are Underrated?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guyz,Bharath here.Yesterday evening,My friend who recently turned 20 was having INR 2.7 Lakhs and was looking for an Entry-level Faired 250cc Sports Bike.I gotta tell you folks,He is the biggest hater of the Duke 390 I've ever seen ! Much bigger than me.So his first priority was Big Boy Looks (Maybe because he had a Girlfriend [lol] ).So,First Bike that came in my mind was The Hyosung GT 250R fondly known as the "Big Boy" I am a Mad lover of that Bike.It looks Awesome,V-Twin 250cc Air and Oil Cooled Engine,Dual Disc on front (Either sides),Adequate Shinko Tyres,Meaty Exhaust 250cc V-Twin Note,Unique Road Presence (Gets at-least 3 Looks from a single person) from a 250cc bike and I also gotta tell you the Race Dedicated Seating Position,It's so aggressive and Super-Sporty that The People who curse the R15 for it's seating position,After going for a ride in the GT 250R,The Same People will feel very much at home and very comfortable on the R15 !! I would pick this bike anyday against the Ninja 250R.It's priced good at INR 2.5 Lakhs But,This is where the problem arise,

Many people Under-rate this Superb Bike

People say it the "Cheap,Clumsy Korean Brand Hyosung" and I really want to bashup those people.

If you again think which bike,I can post some pictures of the Road-test Review of this bike

I need your Opinion on this awesome bike and I also need to know why People under-rate this brand and this Bike.

Thank you

Hyosung GT250R.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

GT250R 4.jpg

gt250r5.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

Re: Why Hyosung bikes are Underrated ?

@bharathbigb, Hyosung GT 250R is a good bike but its on-road price will came more than 3 lakh.so people are going for buying CBR or R15.

Re: Why Hyosung bikes are Underrated ?

I need your Opinion on this awesome bike and I also need to know why People under-rate this brand and this Bike.

Thank you
Its simple. It doesn't offer anything more significant than its rival, add to that high pricing doesn't help either. Positives being twin cyl config, "Big bike" feel, glorious exhaust. May be it would have managed some average sales if it is priced around 2 to 2.5L price point.

AMG

Suspended
Sir, because it costs more than the Ninja 250, that thing weighs a ton.
And they dont have the best build quality.

Oh, and the riding position is too focused. And that the ergonomics are racy whereas the engine is tuned to be a tourer. (not very revvy peaky)

So thats the reason.

Above & Include All point to be add,

After Sales Support & Service Center is pretty Rare - Only Big Metros Have one Showroom & SVC.

Indeed GT250 R looks tremendous but If I'm not mistaking it still Air / Oil Cooled One ? Right ? Not a Liquid Cool like rest of the competition (Faired or Naked) bike?

If yes,

Then I can imagine how an inter city commute / ride feel during summer with Fully Faired bike plus aggressive/sporty riding posture .

Last edited:
I think the most important reason is -

Hyosung... What Hyosung?

Korean brand? Do they make televisions and refrigerators?

Ohhh.... they make bikes! Naah, I will like a Honda or a Kawasaki.

AMG

Suspended
I am sorry for this double post, but the fact is that one of my friends owns a Hyosung GT250 and he kicks himself every single day for that decision.

The parts are not available. He has a trusted local mechanic who fabricates stuff for him.

The engine outputs 28bhp. Top speed is 140 km/hr.
Both are bettered by the CBR250R.

Around winding corners, the GT’s age is amply apparent. It lacks the precise handling required to attack corners, and prefers being ridden at a steady gallop instead. The GT250R feels more at home on the highway, where it displays good straight-line stability. [autocar india]

So the fact is that you cant take it to track, without a ninja running rings around you.
On highway, a CBR will eat you and spit you out.

The Hyosung GT250R is easily the best Hyosung bike Garware has so far introduced in India. Its big-bike looks could certainly prove a big draw to some, but there’s still no single department in which the GT250R truly excels or rises above its quarter-litre rivals. Steady straight-line dynamics aren’t enough reason to have us raving over the new motorcycle. And sub-par fit-and-finish, plus a lack of good low to mid-range performance tops the lengthy list of negatives. The biggest thorn in the GT’s side though, could prove to be the high price tag the company has hinted at, in the region of Rs 2.5 lakh.[Autocar India]

Let me put things in perspective.
148.4bhp per tonne = Hyosung = 28 BHP = 14 BHP per cylinder
156.4bhp per tonne = Honda CBR250R (and lets not forget its a single cylinder) = 25.8 = 26 BHP

The simple reason, my friend is that the hyosung is too heavy and too underpowered, awfully built and too pricey for what it offers. Honda does things better at half the price.
It is not good for anything except posing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@bharathbigb

This will help you. Just read it with an open mind.
http://overdrive.in/reviews/kawasaki-ninja-250r-vs-honda-cbr250r-vs-hyosung-gt250r/

Last edited:
having rode one
, i can say that there is nothing except than the big bike feel.

negatives:

handling is below par, the bike has more weight upfront and when you get into corners, the bike looses stability. there is a lot of pitch and wallow from the rear suspension.

brakes doesn't inspire confidence. either there will be no feel or a lock up, both are dangerous

the motor runs of smoothness past 120. power is distrubuted in a uneven way, the bike is slow to respond and 40 to 70 is quick, past 80-.100, movement is slow and it wakes up again and goes to sleep after 130.

the price point puts it in rivarlary against bikes which are cheaper, reliable and fun to ride.

Thread Starter #9
Oh OK Guys.I havn't been in one but I saw Video Reviews of this bike and many say The GT 250R is a Notch above the Honda CBR 250R and a Shade below the Kawasaki Ninja 250R.Espicially the PTR or Powerdrift.How about these 2 Cruisers from them

Hyosung ST7

Hyosung Aquilla Pro

Hyosung Aquilla 250

I also read many reviews and many say they are superb bikes

Thank you

Try leaning left on a GTR while attacking a corner. The side stand will be the first thing to make contact with the asphalt and if one gets it wrong and goes a notch too high, The rear tyre will simply be pivoted off the ground and the rider will have a nasty fall.

That's more than enough reason for serious bikers to move away from the Hyosung.

P.S: If one's not into serious biking, as in only intends to grab attention and be noticed, Then the GTR is quite brilliant as its a lot of Real Estate on wheels for that money. It looks huge for a 250, almost as large as a litre class machine. :biggrin:

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
People say it the "Cheap,Clumsy Korean Brand Hyosung" and I really want to bashup those people.

I have never ever in my life been so scared.

Look at all the stuff you got to do.

Hack into TAI, gain admin rights, get my IP address, track down the ip address, and if i am using a proxy server, hack into that proxy server, then get my ip address, then actually hack into the ISP database, then get my read address, then hire some goons, and then bash me up.

How long would that take you? [confused]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqDzeCVkX0

guys just wondering how about the Hyosung Aquila 250 is it good or should i stay Away. reviews are good i just want to know whether anybody here has driven one and if so what is the feedback. also my avenger is going to my cousin. so in need of a bike.pls help. Harley street 750 doesn't have that cruiser look nor do i have that kind of money to spend on a bike.

Last edited:

Top Bottom