Mahindra's All-New Global Scooter Named Gusto

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra has announced that the name of its all-new global scooter (codenamed G101) is Gusto.

> Launch in Northern and Western India on September 29.

> Phased roll out in rest of India, South Asia, Latin America & Africa in a few months.

> Powered by M-Tec Engine; Gusto has advanced engineering features and is styled in Italy.

Rajesh Jejurikar, Chief Executive – Farm Equipment & Two Wheeler Division & Member of the Group Executive Board said, “We are set to introduce our new global scooter, the GUSTO, created at our state-of-the-art R&D facility in Pune. The name GUSTO is a derivative of 'gust’ which connotes a sudden strong current of wind, symbolizing the spirit of freedom. GUSTO comes with an all Aluminium M-TEC engine with advanced features such as a stronger crankshaft and bearings, high inertia magneto, high energy HT coil and series regulator to deliver superior power, efficiency and reliability.”

He added, “The Gusto’s distinctive, contemporary styling has its origins in Italy and it has been conceptualized based on extensive research and in-depth consumer insights. After rigorous testing and validation we are now ready to launch the GUSTO in the Northern and Western markets of India and Nepal, on September 29. We will launch in the Southern and Eastern markets of India as well as South Asia, Central America and Africa, in a few months.”
Mahindra-Gusto.JPG

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
Mahindra has launched the Gusto in India. Following is the introductory pricing (Ex. showroom, Delhi).

> Gusto DX: Rs.43,000

> Gusto VX: Rs.47,000

Mahindra Gusto Specifications:

> Engine: 109.6 cc, 4 Stroke, Air cooled

> Power: 8 BHP

> Torque: 8.5 Nm

> Top Speed: 80 Kmph

> Transmission: CVT

> ARAI Fuel Economy: 63 Kmpl

> Frame: Tubular. Under Born Type (Steel)

> Front Suspension: Telescopic, Hydraulic type

> Rear Suspension: Coil type, Hydraulic

> Front Wheels: (90/90-12), Tubeless

> Rear Wheels: (90/90-12), Tubeless

> Front Brakes: 130 mm drum

> Rear Brakes: 130 mm drum

> Battery (DX): 4AH, VRLA

> Battery (VX): 6AH, VRLA

Mahindra Gusto Dimensions:

> Length: 1825 mm

> Width: 697 mm

> Height: 1188 mm

> Wheelbase: 1275 mm

> Ride Height (DX): 770 mm

> Ride Height (VX): 770 mm / 735 mm

> Ground Clearance: 165 mm

> Fuel Tank Capacity: 6 Litres

Drive Safe,
350Z

So, The Battle between Activa and Gusto has begun !
Now only I finished reading the Shooutout battle between Activa and Gusto. Link: http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/mahindra-gusto/honda-activa-vs-mahindra-gusto-shootout/
The Gusto triumphed the Activa in all ways and the VFM Factor obviously belonged to the Gusto.
Great Mahindra ! Keep it up and beat all the Japanese aliens !(No offence)

EDIT: Looks like Mahindra Gusto is not yet came to TN and other south states' shores ?!? Their website didn't list TN in the Price section.

:offtopic:
But I can't understand/think why Mahindra name their products(vehicles) ending with "O".[anger] Example: Centuro, Rodeo, Duro, Bolero, Scorpio.
They should change their brand name to "MahindrO" [;)]

Last edited:
:offtopic:
But I can't understand/think why Mahindra name their products(vehicles) ending with "O" Example: Centuro, Rodeo, Duro, Bolero, Scorpio.
They should change their brand name to "MahindrO"
and to add Xuv5oo, xylo, verito[;)]

Saw the first gusto on road yesterday and this vehicle seemed shorter by length as well as height, something like their previous version of mahindra vehicles.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

A mid variant of the Gusto i.e Gusto HX has been launched at INR 49,000 (Ex-Mumbai) by Mahindra and is supposed to be placed between existing variants i.e Dx and Vx.

Mahindra has kitted all the Gusto variants with tubeless tyres, telescopic suspension, LED pilot lamps and a front facing kick lever. The Gusto is powered by a new 110cc carburetted motor which makes 8PS of power and 9Nm of torque and is mated to a convenient twist-and-go CVT. The scooter is available in six colours.
Link

Regards

Akash

So, Gusto gets updated with the features rising up and not like the Japs who update once in a blue moonn

I don't know why the styling looks pre 90's. Is it for me or any body feels this? Pricing is spot on. Still would wait for more from Mahindra.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Mahindra has officially unveiled a more powerful version of it's Gusto Scooter which now gets 125cc engine. The launch of the same shall follow very soon.

home_slider_8New.jpg

12509907_10153876442513588_6800991474150529079_n.png

62577_10153876562313588_2124287121828041038_n.png

shot-20160112-1949-sswfi6.jpeg

Official

Regards

Akash

Nice move by Mahindra to capture market share in scooters. Hope this does things for Mahindra because despite of being good mahindra scooters have not sold in the numbers expected. I own a duro its a nice vehicle however the resale is next to nothing. service is also not at par with the competitors but that's again not the manufacturer's fault.

Hope this will bring about the change what mahindra is expecting.

Top Bottom