Nostalgic Poll: TVS Shogun vs Yamaha RXZ

TVS Shogun vs Yamaha RXZ

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guyz,Bharath here.I was a crazy fan of Old TVS and Old Yamaha 2 strokes and I always wanted to ask you this and Now,I got time ! What would you pick between these two.But remember You will get all the spare parts and Maintainence without any hastle.And why did you pick it.Thank you

a.jpg

d.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Any DOUBT Here ?????
The Yammy will be the one I will pick ! It is the jack of all trades. Be it engine, spares, maintenance, It is the RX-Z !!! But one thing you will regret. It is the cost of it today. It costs above 70k here in Chennai.
If you want a loud tiger like ROAR and a performance comparable with today's air cooled 150cc bikes, then it is all the way to the BOSS, Shogun !!!
DOUBT/QUESTION: Did the Shogun ever launched with TVS Badges ???

Last edited:
Voted for Yamaha - RX.
Remebered RX in those college days which used to produce unique firing sound as soon as you start it and it was a head turner (for firing offcourse) when full throttle....

Thread Starter #4
Any DOUBT Here ?????
The Yammy will be the one I will pick ! It is the jack of all trades. Be it engine, spares, maintenance, It is the RX-Z !!! But one thing you will regret. It is the cost of it today. It costs above 70k here in Chennai.
If you want a loud tiger like ROAR and a performance comparable with today's air cooled 150cc bikes, then it is all the way to the BOSS, Shogun !!!
DOUBT/QUESTION: Did the Shogun ever launched with TVS Badges ???
Yes you are right,The RX Z costs a whopping 70K whereas the Shogun costs 30K.For that price difference we can mod it like hell ! My pick will be the Shogun bro.It's engine performance and Roar can make many 4 stroke bikes (Including some 2 strokes) pee on their Pants !! No Offence meant to Owners It and the Yammie had Unique Respect for Each other.On your question,No It Didn't but TVS was the whole R&D for the Shogun and TVS Manufactured it in the name "Suzuki" and not "TVS Suzuki" and It was 100% Indian whereas the Samurai was Japanese.That's why Enthusiasts call it TVS Shogun.And It was also popularly known as TVS Shogun rather than Suzuki Shogun.Thank you

Spares for SHOGUN ???
Without spares esp. engine spares, you will lose the 'performance', 'roar' and finally the "LIFE OF THE BIKE".

Thread Starter #6
Oi,Bro My Dad's RE Mechanic has every spare parts for the Shogun and even for the Supra and Shaolin.He has the Original and the Oversize piston and he also has the 6 Speed Gear Set with cover.How about that bro ? I gotta tell you man,Shogun is a Gem ! Thank you

Voted RX-Z, for 2 reasons
1) Spare parts availability
2) Balanced performance & FE (to be crisp, efficiency)

I love Shogun for it's raw power and the louder exhaust note. I wish Suzuki shouldn't have stopped (even before the strict pollution norms were employed) the production. Atleast they should have supported with spare parts.

That's why Enthusiasts call it TVS Shogun.And It was also popularly known as TVS Shogun rather than Suzuki Shogun.
Who on earth calling TVS Shogun? From my experience people do call TVS Max 100R (2003+ manufactured) as Suzuki Max 100R. Be it Samurai, Shogun, Shaolin, Fiero, these names are more sweeter when it is prefixed with "Suzuki"

Thread Starter #10
Yeah He had an 07' Thunderbird and Sold it off as Maintenance was high and He lost his interest on riding Bikes.Yes you are right about that.I am a Suzuki Hater and TVS Lover.And OT-Thanks fo' that bro ! Thank you

Top Bottom