A New Entry in Suzuki Stable: Gixxer (Producing 14.8 PS)

Thread Starter #1
Arguably, one of the most attractive looking bikes of the season, the Suzuki Gixxer has released its final list of specifications. Though some of the details were already out in earlier revealing, few important specifications were still left in the cards. Suzuki, the renowned company has finally put the stamp on its specifications with 10 per cent plus or minus scope with the net output figures. The bike has been much anticipated and fans are already discussing on the social network as well as on the internet about its possible market once released.

When it comes to producing power, the Suzuki Gixxer can generate up to 14.8 PS at 8000 rpm. The maximum torque that can be generated from this mean machine is approximately 14 Nm at 6000 rpm. Gixxer uses a 154.9 cc single-cylinder, air-cooled dual-valve engine to produce this power and is coupled to a five-speed gearbox. The price that has been fixed for the Gixxer is 84344 (on-road, Mumbai), and is quite early since its release is slated to be during the middle of September.

Gixxer has employed a number of modifications in the model to suit the requirements of the current generation. Front disc brakes have been installed in this bike; however, there is no disc brake on the rear wheels. Gixxer uses a 140/60/17 rear tyre, which is the one used by Yamaha FZ. On the front, it is 100/80/17, which is quite perfect when it comes to the balance. Monoshock rear suspension is used for a comfortable ride even on bumpy roads. Telescopic forks have been installed on the front just to make it easier for driving on uneven lanes. The bike is comparatively lightweight at a mere 135 kg with a seat height of 780 mm. On the contrary, it resembles most of its competitors, against which it has been pitted. The Suzuki GS150R is priced at 81217 INR and is not performing exceptionally well, it is expected that the Gixxer will replace the former in the market.

For those who love a high power output, Gixxer will be an ideal choice. The Gixxer is slated to be among the most power 150 cc bikes in the nation. Suzuki has high expectations from the Gixxer as the Hayate, GS150R and Slingshot are far away from where they ought to be in their respective segments. However, with the looks and specifications on its side Gixxer is expected to perform well for Suzuki.
The 14.8 PS producing Suzuki Gixxer tagged at 84,344 INR, Suzuki Car News | CarTrade.com

Last seen at the 2014 Auto Expo, Suzuki's representation of a sporty 150cc bike, called the Gixxer, is all set to arrive at dealerships across the country tentatively by August 25.

The Suzuki Gixxer follows contemporary styling cues with its sharp and aggressive looks, and will be available in five colours. There's no word on the pricing yet, but we expect the bike to cost an estimated Rs 75,000. Dealers have already started taking bookings for this bike; you can book yours for Rs 5,000.

The Gixxer is powered by a newly developed 155cc carburettor-fed, four-stroke, single-cylinder and air-cooled engine. It also gets a new chassis complemented by a telescopic suspension upfront, while a monoshock makes way to the rear. Six-spoke alloys are standard, with a 100/80 x 17 inch tubeless tyre and disc brake in the front, and a 140/60 x 17 inch tubeless tyre with drum brake at rear.

The Gixxer will also showcase the 'Suzuki Eco Performance' system, which the company claims will help the bike achieve enhanced fuel economy, without compromising on power.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-news/suzuki-gixxer-bookings-commence-389519.aspx

Last edited:
I expect the Gixxer to be opposite to the GS150R in the engine part! The GS150R gave a lethargic acceleration in which that type of lethargic acceleration present in today's 100CC bikes.
Gixxer #SHOULD# outrun the Pulsar 150, Discover 150S and FZ-S to RULE the kingdom(segment) of 150CC bikes!

Last edited:
I expect the Gixxer to be opposite to the GS150R in the engine part! The GS150R gave a lethargic acceleration in which that type of lethargic acceleration present in today's 100CC bikes.
Gixxer #SHOULD# outrun the Pulsar 150, Discover 150S and FZ-S to RULE the kingdom(segment) of 150CC bikes!
I hope you change your opinion once you ride a GS 150 R. GS 150R in its stock condition is not that sluggish. It is at par with other competitior or even better than many 150 CC bikes.In an open road you can reach 70Km/hr mark within your third gear change and you have still another 3 gears to be thr to check out top speed.

There is no other bike in india in the segment which can give the confidence to cruise at 70-90km/hr for a 30 minutes comfortably. I dont think any 100 cc bike here can keep this speed for few minutes nowadays.

It is the worst service of Suzuki ASS convert this bike to a bad one. I am telling this from my own experiance of 70K Km in a GS 150 R. Last month an Access and a yamaha Ray had overtaken me while i ride 95-100 km/hr and my bike almost run out of breeth at that speed.

As far as i heard earlier Gixxer engine is derived from same GS 150 r engine with change in gear ratio and GS will be sold along with Gixxer.May be the information i got is wrong or they may slightly incresed CC from 149 to 155 and get a better BHP figure.

BTW GS 150 R engine is smooth and refined and we dont want the Gixxer to be opposite. Anyway reduced weight & tire size will give better pick up than GS.

Sir, many of my friends say like this and three friends own GS. Even I felt it lethargic while driving it compared to pulsar 150. Maybe, my friend was not maintaining the GS properly.
Even I love GS compared to unicorn due to its refinement and quality.
Gearshifts were felt hard in my friends GS and the TD bike in showroom had smooth gearshifts. But I can't check the power of the TD GS bike because my dad was sitting behind me and said never cross 30-35 kmph mark.

350Z

Core Team
Just a quick update: Suzuki has confirmed the launch of Gixxer 155 for 9th September in Delhi. Price, as mentioned above, is Rs.84,344 (On-road, Mumbai).

Drive Safe,
350Z

bike now available here in the dealerships and i had seen all colour variants. Grey felt good.
engine is all new.850 ml is the oil level. exhaust has different design.looks like one bigger exhaust and smaller one under it.chromium plating on the silencer end.rear foot pedals are so small. 'SEP' looks like copy frm Honda. rear looking better than FZ.Rs 83 k will be on road price though no vehicle still registered.

Last edited:
Looks like a good rival for FZ in every aspects. In paper, its better than FZ in all specifications. The short rear foot rests and the kicker looks weird though the golden colour front disc unit is looking good.

What i noticed in the Dealership is GS 150 r stock available there was disappered. The guys there have no clear information whether the production stopped or not. They told GS 150 R temporarly not available from the company. The GS 150 r stock available there was taken by another dealership at a different district to cater their bookings.

I asked them whether exchange option available, they happily informed it is available and when i told it is a GS 150 r their face become dull[cry].
In case i am in market for a good 150 cc bike for short trips now, i'll take Gixxer only, till 160 CC honda rival launch. But i'll wait and plan to upgrade from the 150 cc to 220-250 cc segment.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Suzuki has launched the Gixxer 155 CC in India at a price tag of Rs.72,199 (Ex. showroom, Delhi).

Gixxer-Specifications.png

Press Release:
Crafted by the engineers of the legendary Suzuki GSX-R Series, the dream has finally reached its culmination - the Suzuki GIXXER is here!! The GIXXER was launched today by Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited (SMIPL), a subsidiary of one of the worlds leading two-wheeler manufacturers, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan.

The GIXXER promises to make hearts race and pulses soar as it races the street! This stylish 'Street Sport' motorcycle turns the streets into a riders playground. The design team at Suzuki is sure that the bike will be best friends to all the customers out there, for it is a stylish, powerful, and gorgeous machine, coupled with unmatched genes, offering the same passion as the GSX-R1000. The GIXXER also boasts of special features like a sporty dual muffler and a trendy, smartphone-resembling digital speedometer.

The GIXXER is powered by a 155cc, single cylinder, air cooled engine with a five-speed gearbox. Its ultra-light weight and punchy engine with cutting edge SEPtechnology enables the GIXXER to deliver power without compromising on fuel economy. GIXXERs new engine gives an exceptional running performance with a broad low-end torque and dynamic mid-range power for strong acceleration. Suzuki claims that its latest offering is the answer to passionate bikers in India looking for a motorcycle that couples Suzukis legendary riding dynamics and rider ergonomics.

According to Mr. Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President, SMIPL, Loaded with exciting equipment, power, handling and trusted Suzuki quality, the GIXXER will make a statement without saying a word. It is an overall mix of elegant styling, classy on-road presence and promising performance, and will attract young bikers to rev up and ride. We expect GIXXER to create a strong foothold for itself in the market."

He added, "Suzuki is keen on providing youth-centric products for the Indian customers at a very competitive price. Our track record of new launches iterates Suzukis legacy built on the ethos of credibility along with advanced, unmatched engineering" In tune with its endeavours to reach out to maximum potential buyers the motorcycle major is also coming up with a marketing campaign featuring the actor-endorser Salman Khan.
Drive Safe,
350Z

At last, a right motorcycle by Suzuki. Right powertrain. Right styling. Right dynamics. Right price. Only thing to look up to is whether Suzuki could back it up with sound after sales.
I asked them whether exchange option available, they happily informed it is available and when i told it is a GS 150 r their face become dull.
:lol!:[lol]:lol!:

IMHO,I like the bike alot but I seriously think People are going to underrate the Gixxer for being looking exactly like the FZ V1.They may say the Yamaha FZ is a better package and I also feel the Pricing is Perfect.And yes as said,It has to pulp the P150 and the FZ to rule the segment and not to forget the Apache RTR 160.They also has to improve ther A.S.S.Thank you

IMHO,I like the bike alot but I seriously think People are going to underrate the Gixxer for being looking exactly like the FZ V1.They may say the Yamaha FZ is a better package and I also feel the Pricing is Perfect.
^^Looking alike FZ is not a reason to underrate Gixxer or it doent kill Gixxer sales.
Except from front, Gixxer is different from FZ on all other sides even the LED tail lamps, twin exhaust or the digital meter.

I didnt understand how FZ become a better package?Pricing is perfect for FZ or Gixxer?

Though it may reduce the FZ sales due to FZ is old model in the market and all know the bad sides of this bike(high maintenance & low milage). Also the V2 version is not looking good,less power and more costly. also Gixxer may kill their on GS150R, in case they already not killed(Stoped production) it.

If gixxer not sell well in market, then the only reason behind will be their sales and service team.

It has to pulp the P150 and the FZ to rule the segment and not to forget the Apache RTR 160.They also has to improve ther A.S.S.Thank you
Even Suzuki doesnt have a dream about rule the segment with Gixxer i think.

Last edited:
Looks like a good rival for FZ in every aspects. In paper, its better than FZ in all specifications. The short rear foot rests and the kicker looks weird though the golden colour front disc unit is looking good.

What i noticed in the Dealership is GS 150 r stock available there was disappered. The guys there have no clear information whether the production stopped or not. They told GS 150 R temporarly not available from the company. The GS 150 r stock available there was taken by another dealership at a different district to cater their bookings.

I asked them whether exchange option available, they happily informed it is available and when i told it is a GS 150 r their face become dull[cry].
In case i am in market for a good 150 cc bike for short trips now, i'll take Gixxer only, till 160 CC honda rival launch. But i'll wait and plan to upgrade from the 150 cc to 220-250 cc segment.
im planning on upgrading my bike to a 220-250CC?
any help and suggestions please?
thanks

Suzuki to offer Gixxer in new dual-tone colors

Suzuki will soon launch two dual-tone colors on the Gixxer premium commuter motorcycle. A red-and-white shade and a blue-and-white shade will be available on the Gixxer, with prices expected to be about INR 1,500 more than the standard version (the regular Gixxer is priced at INR 83,402, on-road, New Delhi).

The Gixxer is powered by a single-cylinder, air-cooled four-stroke engine displacing 154.9 cc and developing 14.8 PS at 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque at 6,000 rpm, matched to a 5-speed transmission. A front disc brake is offered as standard on the motorcycle
It is presently offered in colors such as Metallic Triton Blue, Candy Antares Red, Metallic Oort Grey, Glass Sparkle Black and Pearl Mirage White.
Based on the Gixxer, Suzuki launched the Gixxer SF, a fully-faired variant of the two-wheeler priced between INR 92,596-94,238, on-road, New Delhi. A special MotoGP edition was also launched on the Gixxer SF which commemorates Suzuki’s return to MotoGP racing this year.

While the Gixxer and Gixxer SF share their mechanicals, the latter is 4 kg heavier over the former owing to its fairing.

Suzuki Gixxer to be offered in new dual-shade colors

Attachments

Top Bottom