Advice on Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 350

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am on the look out of buying a bullet. My choice was the Electra 350.
But there is is a general talk among people that it is a complaint prone bike. did anybody experience any inherent problems with the Electra? is there any difference between Electra and classic 350? Also is there a 350 with fuel injection? which is the best bet among all the Enfields? please advice. (I am using bikes for more than 30 years but no experience with Enfields. used mostly RX100 and other 100ers)

Re: Which is the best bike in Enfield stable?

Well, you can go for electra safely and nothing bad with it. But the best bet would be a Classic 350 or Classic 500.

What's your budget?
If above 2.2 lakhs go for Cafe Racer Continental GT
If above 1.8 Lakhs go for ThunderBird 500.
These have EFI

Classic 350 and Electra, Both are good!
But, why did you choose Enfield?
Is there something YOU like the most??

Hi Anil,

We bought an Electra 350 recently for my younger brother.
Classic and Electra 350 both have the same engine as per specs.

People go for classic 350 for its looks.

Classic 350's back tyre diameter is 1 inch smaller than the electra 350.

As per the well known mechanics in enfield show room classic 350 causes back pain for the taller guys(my brother is 6'3" of height).

regards,
Kiran

Have done some sort of what I would call research today(:biggrin:). I found that the Classic 350 is being offered in discount as they are trying to change some sort of things that people are complaining about. If you are a tall guy, go for Electra 350, otherwise, the Classic 350 would be the best bet. Both are good bikes, but there is a small problem. Maintaining the Electra 350 would be a bit harder as compared to the Classic 350 or Thunderbird 350.

I would suggest you to save more money and go for thunderbird 350.
It has got a bunch of features like digital speedo, odo, trip meter, large tank, rear disc, projectors, etc etc!

Last edited:
I would suggest you to save more money and go for thunderbird 350.
It has got a bunch of features like digital speedo, odo, trip meter, large tank, rear disc, projectors, etc etc!
I think Thunderbird 350 has not got any projectors. But anyway, I too would suggest you the same.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ jettasam - those must be the pre facelift model which currently i won. No projectors in my TB.

@anil kumar - what will be your daily commute ? Thunderbird will be the most comfortable.

I won't recommend electra, i know this is the most popular but i have back pain everytime i ride that bike. Same complaint by the owner.

If you like TB go for it otherwise i'll say buy the classic 350.
I have a TB 350, 2 friends have classic and electra. So telling you from my experience.

Thread Starter #14
Hi friends,
Thanks for the valuable feed back. First of all, I would like to confess Iam not the least bit experienced with any enfields. I've been riding 100s and pulsars all the time. (and a SX4 for the family time!) I opted the 350 as a new bike thinking she is a rugged (healthy) girl to ride (I am 46) and my wife like the lookand feel of the bullet. as per the specs, it is the same heart throbbing in all the enfirld 350s, and the difference is the tyre size, and I like bigger tyres like the electra have. Since I am not much interested in much bells and whistles, I think Electra is a good choice in terms of initial cost. what do you say? @ Allhyundaicars, my regular daily commute is only below 20KM, since my office is very near to my home. But me and my wife like to go for long rides if it is a good and rugged bike. Thank you all.

Thread Starter #15
Classic 350 and Electra, Both are good!
But, why did you choose Enfield?
Is there something YOU like the most??
Because I am fed with all these big(?) bikes with 100/150 motors which go hanky clanky after just 10000KM. they are nothing but show pieces. I am not interested in showing off and freaking out, because I am over 45 years. Another reason to choose an enfield is the RX100. Sheis long gone. The best bike India had. (though there is no comparison between these two exept in build quality.) Simply stated, I want a decent, and durable bike. And I dont know anythyng about these big girls enfields. ( I am afraid of the left side brake pedal in old 350s) thank you.

Top Bottom