I am a proud owner of 2007 model Hero Honda Passion plus. I bought this bike on 17-8-2007 at Suguna automobiles, Coimbatore. My bike has clocked 46,000 kms till date.
Perfomance and Mileage:
Regarding its perfomance, i am very much pleased. But as far as my experience, Passion plus is strictly for Solo riding only. With a pillion, this bike is literally underpowered and reduces driving satisfacton. Initially i was getting 60 - 65 kmpl constantly. I used to change the oil every 2,000 kms or 3 months whichever is early. Also get the carburetor and air filter cleaned/replaced accordingly.
Problems faced & Changed parts:
* Changed the Chain sprocket at 25,000 kms. Used to lubricate them during oil change.
* My bike's clutch burnt at 42,000 kms and changed them for Rs. 3,000/- (Including labour.)
* Battery was changed last year. (Thanks to Hero Honda for providing a Quality Battery since it was working fine for almost 6 years.)
Problems facing now:
* Mileage has reduced below 60 kmpl inspite of regular Oil service and Filters changed.
* Pick up has went down than it was earlier. (Clutch plate was changed as Mechanic said it would be the reason for low pick up.) But still this problem persists.
* Bike stops during heavy rains and refuses to start till rain stops.
Another main problem is there is fire smoke in the silencer. Whenever I take a long ride, during speeds from 50 – 60 kmph, I can hear that sound from silencer. Immediately white smoke appears after that sound from silencer. When I asked mechanic regarding this complaint, he adjusted some nut which is present in the engine head. But still it happens occasionally.
Suggestions are most welcome.
Thanks in advance.