My 2007 Hero Honda Passion Plus

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI members.

I am a proud owner of 2007 model Hero Honda Passion plus. I bought this bike on 17-8-2007 at Suguna automobiles, Coimbatore. My bike has clocked 46,000 kms till date.

Perfomance and Mileage:

Regarding its perfomance, i am very much pleased. But as far as my experience, Passion plus is strictly for Solo riding only. With a pillion, this bike is literally underpowered and reduces driving satisfacton. Initially i was getting 60 - 65 kmpl constantly. I used to change the oil every 2,000 kms or 3 months whichever is early. Also get the carburetor and air filter cleaned/replaced accordingly.

Problems faced & Changed parts:

* Changed the Chain sprocket at 25,000 kms. Used to lubricate them during oil change.

* My bike's clutch burnt at 42,000 kms and changed them for Rs. 3,000/- (Including labour.)

* Battery was changed last year. (Thanks to Hero Honda for providing a Quality Battery since it was working fine for almost 6 years.)

Problems facing now:

* Mileage has reduced below 60 kmpl inspite of regular Oil service and Filters changed.

* Pick up has went down than it was earlier. (Clutch plate was changed as Mechanic said it would be the reason for low pick up.) But still this problem persists.

* Bike stops during heavy rains and refuses to start till rain stops.

Another main problem is there is fire smoke in the silencer. Whenever I take a long ride, during speeds from 50 – 60 kmph, I can hear that sound from silencer. Immediately white smoke appears after that sound from silencer. When I asked mechanic regarding this complaint, he adjusted some nut which is present in the engine head. But still it happens occasionally.

Suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
C.V.Srikanth

Thread Starter #3
Re: 2007 Hero Honda Passion plus.

These pictures were taken during clutch plate replacement.

The Star sticker in that Petrol tank was there from the day one. Dont know who could have sticked this. But i havent seen any Passion plus bike with this sticker till now!!! Even this bike is not a special edition one. So i consider myself this bike as a precious one. [:)] WP_20140217 1.jpg Made a trip to Ooty after clutch plate replacement to see its perfomance. While climbing there was not any problem. When going down the hill, fire smoke came from silencer for the first time. It occurred many times till i reach home. Note: I havent experienced this problem before clutch replacement.

WP_20140217 2.jpg

Last edited:

Have you checked Piston rings and valve guides? It may cause "fire smoke" or white smoke.
I am also confused on Mileage with my HH Splendor.
You may go for a complete engine rebuild and all issues will be resolved!

I would say the first place to start is the carburetor mixture adjustment, it could be running rich. Also, what is the condition of the spark plug?

+1 to Veeru.

Give the bike for service at any good Hero ASS and tell the issues. These are common issues with slightly old 100 cc hero bikes.

Dont worry. There is no engine rebuild required but may be engine decarbonising(They remove head cover and scratch off the carboon deposit on the piston head) and valve setting needs to be done. Engine will be smoother like new after that.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Thank you all for your valuable comments. [:)]

@RVSB:

Regarding piston rings and valves, mechanic said that valves have been cleaned. Piston rings need to be changed when engine is rebored. At present its not needed.

@Viru:

Will check the carburetor mixture. Spark plug was cleaned and adjusted a year back. But i am confused when to change spark plug. My bike has done 46,000 kms.

@Releesh:

Mechanic said that the carbon residues present at cylinder head and valves have been cleaned. But its a good idea to check it with an ASS.

If it's been 46,000 Kms on the factory spark plug, it's high time for replacement! Consider Iridium or Platinum plugs. If those aren't available, go for V-grooved ones.

If it's been 46,000 Kms on the factory spark plug, it's high time for replacement! Consider Iridium or Platinum plugs. If those aren't available, go for V-grooved ones.
Well, My Splendor ran 1.76L kms with Factory spark plug changed at first service[clap][lol]
Then what time for replacement you will give me? Extremely high?
My splendor still returns 50 kmpl with this plug.
HUGE THANKS to HONDA for giving a QUALITY like this[clap]

Hi,
Earlier models of Splendor and passion were entirely different to the new ones. I even see my friends still having their 1999 model splendor running fine after 1.5 lakh kilometers with out issues.
They only replace oil and that too 5000 kilometers once. My splendor also neared 100000 and by Gods grace its going good.

Well, My Splendor ran 1.76L kms with Factory spark plug changed at first service[clap][lol]
Then what time for replacement you will give me? Extremely high?
My splendor still returns 50 kmpl with this plug.
HUGE THANKS to HONDA for giving a QUALITY like this[clap]
When was the last time you inspected the plug? Because unless it's Iridium I don't think it's designed to work for so long, I certainly have only heard of Iridium plugs lasting that long!

Either way, it's impressive if it hasn't started skipping or misfiring yet.

Inspection done on last month.
Electrode's colour was like a dark chocolate.
The white part above electrode was full of scratches and very grey in colour!

Last edited:
That is exactly what a ruined spark plug looks like. Replace please, for the sake of your beloved motorcycle!

Thread Starter #14
Once again Thank you friends.[:)]

Then let me go for a new spark plug. Being a 7 years old vehicle and clocked 46,000 kms, we cant expect more with that plug. Let me try in a new one.

Please help me with the problem, as i said earlier, my bike gets off during rain and refuses to start.

Regards
C.V.Srikanth

Hi,
Earlier models of Splendor and passion were entirely different to the new ones. I even see my friends still having their 1999 model splendor running fine after 1.5 lakh kilometers with out issues.
They only replace oil and that too 5000 kilometers once. My splendor also neared 100000 and by Gods grace its going good.
Yes dude, my friend also has a splendor which is 15 years old. It has done more than a lakh kms. Once its silencer got cracked near engine head. He welded that area and problem is over. He is so particular of having that old silencer because that silencer sounds gently (Like old HH CD 100.) which is missing in todays Splendors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. If you don't get Iridium or Platinum, NGK V-Grooved ones would be great.

Ps. Readjust carb mixture AFTER putting the new plug.

Top Bottom