Slightly Rugged Hero Passion Pro TR Launched

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Hero MotoCorp has launched the Passion Pro TR in India at Rs 53,531 ex-Mumbai. The Pro TR comes in only one variant and is approximately Rs 5,000 dearer than the Passion Pro in disc/self/cast trim.

The Passion Pro TR is built around the 7.8PS/8.04Nm 97.2cc Passion Pro with a tall beak, bash plate, mesh headlamp garnish, hand guards and chunky-treaded tyres. There is also the handlebar with the crossbar, new graphics and knee pad in addition to the aforementioned features.

The fuel tank capacity of the Passion Pro TR is 12.8 litre and the motorcycle weighs in at 119kg. There are three colours on offer. Hero aims to sell this motorcycle to those who want an off-roading bike (well, we are stretching it there) that is fuel efficient too.
Source: Overdrive

Auto-Expo-2014-Hero-Passion-Pro-TR-for-adventure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something Maruti Suzuki and Hero Motorcorp have in common!! Put new stickers, add some weird plastics, Voila!! A new model is born!!!
Nicely said!

I don't know why hero uses the same age old engine of CD100 in all their" Thoda Extra Mileage" [lol] commuter bikes[anger]
If they have put in the Passion X pro's engine, Then they will build-up their sales and people maybe like this bike.
Looks like we can fit the extra "dirt bike" parts from this TR variant into a Passion Pro(normal variant with self-starter).[lol]

Last edited:
+1000 to Nirvaan7575

Maruti Suzuki has made Stingray going by the same philisophy - add projectors, new grille and new tail lamps and a new model is born!

Best part: Hero is targetting the buyers who want an off road bike - with a 100 cc motorcycle![lol]

Last edited:
+1000 to Nirvaan7575

Maruti Suzuki has made Stingray going by the same philisophy - add projectors, new grille and new tail lamps and a new model is born!

Best part: Hero is targetting the buyers who want an off road bike - with a 100 cc motorcycle![lol]
Thanks TSIVipul! Well said!! You hit the nail right on the head! Honestly i feel that Hero lost out on lots of opportunities to do R & D on various levels when it had it going strong with Honda partnership. Hero bikes are not being well received these days when compared to Hero Honda bikes. And am i the only one who thinks Hero really messed up the classy looks of Karizma with the latest version??[confused]

Honestly i feel that Hero lost out on lots of opportunities to do R & D on various levels when it had it going strong with Honda partnership.
I don't think so! They are still going strong. Then how the new Xtreme has engine immobilizer, crappy eyebrow above the headlights that is stolen from Bajaj Discover, etc etc?

In commuter section too, they are going strong in stickering and adding some weirdo plastics[frustration]

nirvaan7575 said:
Hero bikes are not being well received these days when compared to Hero Honda bikes.
They are getting sold because of people's trusting. People want their bike should only last long and give good mileage and thats all! they don't care about technology, styling.

nirvaan7575 said:
And am i the only one who thinks Hero really messed up the classy looks of Karizma with the latest version??[confused]
There are some lovers and some haters. I am one among the side of lovers![:D]

:offtopic: The Pulsar 150, Apache RTR 160, Honda Unicorn/Trigger are just losers in front of Hero Xtreme. Xtreme is Reliable, Durable, Has enough power for Indian roads, Has a large network of service centres across the natiion, has a host of features, gives good mileage(No unicorn here please), etc. - So finally extremely VFM product. [ SEE I AM NOT PROMOTING THEM OR RELATED TO THEM. JUST MY PERSONAL WORD ]
NO OFFENCE!!!

Last edited:
I don't think so! They are still going strong. Then how the new Xtreme has engine immobilizer, crappy eyebrow above the headlights that is stolen from Bajaj Discover, etc etc?

In commuter section too, they are going strong in stickering and adding some weirdo plastics

They are getting sold because of people's trusting. People want their bike should only last long and give good mileage and thats all! they don't care about technology, styling.

The Pulsar 150, Apache RTR 160, Honda Unicorn/Trigger are just losers in front of Hero Xtreme. Xtreme is Reliable, Durable, Has enough power for Indian roads, Has a large network of service centres across the natiion, has a host of features, gives good mileage(No unicorn here please), etc. - So finally extremely VFM product. [ SEE I AM NOT PROMOTING THEM OR RELATED TO THEM. JUST MY PERSONAL WORD ]
NO OFFENCE!!!
No offence taken !! just felt that new karizma is not that great in styling and performance.... just my personal opinion......about Xtreme its good on features but i would still pick the first gen CBZ anyday! The word on Hero bikes being less received was from a dealer with whom i purchased my Karizma R.... luckily i got one of the last batch Hero Honda Karizma R [glasses]

Thanks TSIVipul! Well said!! You hit the nail right on the head! Honestly i feel that Hero lost out on lots of opportunities to do R & D on various levels when it had it going strong with Honda partnership.
Hero never ever had its own R&D facility in India, its just after the split they decided to open one but still these ATFT, ASFS, PGM-FI all are technologies from Honda itself, nothing itself from Hero. All the R&D they are doing is in the design field, none else. In fact they haven't actually developed any kind of in-house technologies. I'd say, shame on them that they have been developing motorcycles since so long but haven't developed even a single engine on their own in all this span.
Their marketing teams are happy singing markets and markets while in the premium categories - they don't actually have buyers. Going by the sales figures of Indian motorcycles(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/2490-monthly-sales-figures-indian-bikes-5.html) Hero has'n sold even 3000 150cc and above motorcycles while Bajaj Pulsar alone did around 50,000 units, even Avenger sold 3600+ units in March. Three Indian companies that I do respect because of their bold move to move alone without technical collaborations with foreigners and having developed their in-house technologies and then left a mark internationally and those companies are:
  • Bajaj Auto -Two wheelers - They built DTS-i on their own and revolutionized the 150cc and above segment.
  • Mahindra & Mahindra - Cars - They showed the market how Indian brand can compete head on with foreigners.
  • Ashok Leyland - Heavy Vehicles - No collaboration with Marcopolo or anyone else, they do it on their own, rest have a look at Dost and how well its going now.

Hero bikes are not being well received these days when compared to Hero Honda bikes. And am i the only one who thinks Hero really messed up the classy looks of Karizma with the latest version??
I always loved the way older ZMR used to look but now with that P220 type headlamps(one stacked over another) they have messed up a beautiful motorcycle. Even if they had to do so, at least it could have been done sensibly. I was literally gobsmacked when I for the first time witnessed the motorcycle in a dealership and then I was like [lol]

Give some true R&D thing, even I can put an immobilizer on my motorcycle by doing some DIY. Immobilizer is nothing but a small jugaad fixed in the circuit of ignition system which cuts off the ignition if any other key than the true key is put into vehicle and these days thieves have became intello enough that they easily byepass this immobilizer and steal even the cars like City etc.
Have you seen the fins on the engine of new Bajaj Discover 100? That is called R&D. Change the basics and enjoy the benefits, Bajaj did what no one ever dared to do with engine fins since air cooled engines originated and they tasted success again.

In commuter section too, they are going strong in stickering and adding some weirdo plastics
[clap] I liked that one, in fact this way itself they are making new models too.

Only in 100 cc segment. A good image always pays afterall.

I am on the side of none because I still like Karizma/ZMR more than my 220, in fact they are better than 220 but I was not ready to compromise with 3 horses for just 5cc advantage. And then I am unable to find any Karizma till date that can hold itself as strong as my older P220 held even till 50k kms on odo.

The Pulsar 150, Apache RTR 160, Honda Unicorn/Trigger are just losers in front of Hero Xtreme. Xtreme is Reliable, Durable, Has enough power for Indian roads, Has a large network of service centres across the natiion, has a host of features, gives good mileage(No unicorn here please), etc. - So finally extremely VFM product.
Here I differ, CBZ making all the weirdo noises is an easy sight on the roads as compared to Pulsars and apaches. In fact if Xtreme is so good, then why it isn't selling? Simple reason: There are better offerings in market.

Last edited:
Hero never ever had its own R&D facility in India, its just after the split they decided to open one but still these ATFT, ASFS, PGM-FI all are technologies from Honda itself, nothing itself from Hero. All the R&D they are doing is in the design field, none else. In fact they haven't actually developed any kind of in-house technologies. I'd say, shame on them that they have been developing motorcycles since so long but haven't developed even a single engine on their own in all this span.
+100. Every year they coming up with a new model with new graphix or small change in plastic design and tell it has a better milage( though it still using half a centuary old honda engine technolgy). But still none of these 100 cc bikes can beat their old CD 100 in milage and performance too.

Their marketing teams are happy singing markets and markets while in the premium categories - they don't actually have buyers. Going by the sales figures of Indian motorcycles(http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/2490-monthly-sales-figures-indian-bikes-5.html) Hero has'n sold even 3000 150cc and above motorcycles while Bajaj Pulsar alone did around 50,000 units, even Avenger sold 3600+ units in March. Three Indian companies that I do respect because of their bold move to move alone without technical collaborations with foreigners and having developed their in-house technologies and then left a mark internationally and those companies are:
  • Bajaj Auto -Two wheelers - They built DTS-i on their own and revolutionized the 150cc and above segment.
  • Mahindra & Mahindra - Cars - They showed the market how Indian brand can compete head on with foreigners.
  • Ashok Leyland - Heavy Vehicles - No collaboration with Marcopolo or anyone else, they do it on their own, rest have a look at Dost and how well its going now.
I agree except on the AL case.
AL made DOst & Stile with Nissan partnership. Nissan's 1.5 dci engine is there in Dost. Stile is Evalia rebadged.
Couple of years before, Even TVS had made their own engine(with thehelp of AVL Aus)and tasted success(Victor) after their tie up with suzuki.

I always loved the way older ZMR used to look but now with that P220 type headlamps(one stacked over another) they have messed up a beautiful motorcycle. Even if they had to do so, at least it could have been done sensibly. I was literally gobsmacked when I for the first time witnessed the motorcycle in a dealership and then I was like [lol]
+100

these new ZMR reminds me the some (Weirdly)modified 2 stroke bikes of early 90s with some wierd plastic parts and difuser/chamber.

Give some true R&D thing, even I can put an immobilizer on my motorcycle by doing some DIY. Immobilizer is nothing but a small jugaad fixed in the circuit of ignition system which cuts off the ignition if any other key than the true key is put into vehicle and these days thieves have became intello enough that they easily byepass this immobilizer and steal even the cars like City etc.
Have you seen the fins on the engine of new Bajaj Discover 100? That is called R&D. Change the basics and enjoy the benefits, Bajaj did what no one ever dared to do with engine fins since air cooled engines originated and they tasted success again.
With just Rs1.5K, you can fix after market remote lock with remote self start, Alarm and immobiliser. I had this setup in my earlier gladiator at 2007. After a decade Hero & Mahindra using these things to sell their bikes!

BTW could you plesae explain What Bajaj done on Discover engine fins

[clap] I liked that one, in fact this way itself they are making new models too.

Only in 100 cc segment. A good image always pays afterall.

I am on the side of none because I still like Karizma/ZMR more than my 220, in fact they are better than 220 but I was not ready to compromise with 3 horses for just 5cc advantage. And then I am unable to find any Karizma till date that can hold itself as strong as my older P220 held even till 50k kms on odo.
I'll beg to differ on this. If maintained well, older CBZ & Karizma R last really longer.

Here I differ, CBZ making all the weirdo noises is an easy sight on the roads as compared to Pulsars and apaches. In fact if Xtreme is so good, then why it isn't selling? Simple reason: There are better offerings in market.
U mean older CBZ or Extreme? One of the reason is Hero honda/hero maintenance & service is not cheaper. EXtreme & Karizma front disc pads cost approx rs.800 &rs.1400 i heard. Where pulsar front disc pad available from Rs.110 onwards.

Last edited:
This new bike looks plain ugly and 97cc engine not meant to be used as off roader. They have killed Impulse with 150cc even though having 223 cc in-house engine.

They should have released a variant of impulse with rear disc brake and Karizma engine[:)] rather releasing this 97cc dabba bike aka. dirt bike.[anger]
They should have tasted a very very huge success if impulse is released like above and this dabba bike should be gone to trash bin.[glasses]

Again a stickering job from hero. sad to see it. they could sell this passion TR to police who are from riot control. the steel caged visor reminds me of the riot control police has for protecting themselves from stone.

+100. Every year they coming up with a new model with new graphix or small change in plastic design and tell it has a better milage( though it still using half a centuary old honda engine technolgy). But still none of these 100 cc bikes can beat their old CD 100 in milage and performance too.
Of FE I can't say but coming to performance I can safely say that older vehicles had more of the 'raw' power available as compared to these higher 'bhp' ratings of current engines. Thanks to tightening emission norms - that raw power is lost now.

BTW could you plesae explain What Bajaj done on Discover engine fins
Ya sure in fact I'll be more than happy in explaining it all to you - only if you don't slip into comma while bearing me(no pun intended)

Look at this picture:
Capture.JPG

These are the older as well as newer designs of same cylinder block. Red represents high temperature and blue represents lower temperature while yellow-green and all represent felling temperature. This is actually a CFD - Heat flow analysis with heat source being at the center and it shows:
Red - Yellow - Green - Blue order of felling temperature. Now you can see the cooling pattern in older and well as new designed cylinder block if air is striking from the visible face.

If you wish I can do the complete CFD analysis for you(on this as well as other designs) but it will take me time as designing will take a day, then putting it all into Altair and meshing as well as solving will take an another day to get the results and I am short of time itself.

BTW, I hope now it's clear to you that what's different in these fins of Bajaj Discover now.

If maintained well, older CBZ & Karizma R last really longer.
'Older' CBZ - 'Older' is the key word here. That motorcycle is my first love. But Xtreme is not built that strong by any ways.

U mean older CBZ or Extreme? One of the reason is Hero honda/hero maintenance & service is not cheaper. EXtreme & Karizma front disc pads cost approx rs.800 &rs.1400 i heard. Where pulsar front disc pad available from Rs.110 onwards.
But then their braking is also better, ZMR by every way brakes better than P220 while P220 rides on softer tires and ZMR runs on regular ones.

This new bike looks plain ugly and 97cc engine not meant to be used as off roader. They have killed Impulse with 150cc even though having 223 cc in-house engine.
I am thinking how much time the clutch of this 100cc bike will take to burn in off road situations. it's not for no reason that companies prefer to give either bigger engines or lower ratio gearbox to their off road vehicles.

Again a stickering job from hero. sad to see it. they could sell this passion TR to police who are from riot control. the steel caged visor reminds me of the riot control police has for protecting themselves from stone.
That steel cage is available in aftermarket since years for some hundred bucks.

Last edited:
Guys,

With this bike, Hero is not targetting me or you; But, they are targetting the rural population where roads are next to nothing or very muddy. Also, it is targetted at those who cannot afford a higher segment bike where the comfort levels would be slightly better.

Top Bottom