Expert Mechanic For Royal Enfield

Thread Starter #1
can any body suggest me a good mechanic for royal enfield in thane. mine is bullet electra 2009 model with cast iron engine. problem is that 2 months ago i installed new battery 12 volts 14 amps and after few days it started draining very fast.so i went service centre in navi mumbai nerul area and told about the problem.they told me that the alternator is burned and needs to be replaced so i changed the alternator(stator and rotor) and they said that my battery also needs to be replaced. i am confused how new battery got damaged?[frustration]. so i installed new battery but after one week same problem is happening. now i have decided to replace all new wiring but i want to do this with good experienced mechanic.please can anybody suggest good mechanic in thane or navimumbai.i dont want to go to those stupid unexperienced service centre people wasting time nd money

Last edited by a moderator:
In general Battery would only drain if
1) Power consumed by the electricals is out of limits. Due to the wires shorting or some lights which are constantly on like the back light .
2) Battery itself is spoiled : So they changed the battery, but did not check it will the meter when fully charged
3) Its not charged enough : So they changed the alternator and rotor
They also did not check if alternator was producing current.

Checking 2 and 3 just need a meter. Just unplug the terminals of the battery and check it and while engine its started check the terminal if they are producing enough voltage which should not be less than 12 volt when fully charged. Tell the service centre to refund the money as same problem occurs as they did not test, and tell them you will file a compliant in consumer court if refund is not given

Last edited:
Hi,
Its really irritating to give the bike for service in Royal Enfield Authorized Service center. In Coimbatore, its a very very worst. I told to adjust the clutch, since shifting gears and changing to Neutral is giving a tough task to the rider.
He replied, this is a big gear box and due to that this kind of things happen.

According to them, Meaning of servicing the bike is Change Oil/Filter, Lubricate chain, Water wash. They took my bike for buying spares to other bikes last time. Useless Manager told foolish excuses that make even more irritating.

Top Bottom