Iron Butt Association

Thread Starter #1
IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

The 50,000+ members of the Iron Butt Association are dedicated to safe, long-distance motorcycle riding. Although based in the United States, we have thousands of enthusiastic members throughout the globe! One of our more popular slogans is, "The World Is Our Playground."

Suitable Rides in India are SaddleSore 1000/Bun Burner 1500 Rules:

For rules visit: SaddleSore 1000/Bun Burner 1500 Rules

Hey Devjeet where have you been?

Every hardcore motorcyclist knows about the IBSS. How about spicing up this thread with the details of some of your rides?

Off topic: Is Dilip sir 'doing' the Sahara again this October?

Thread Starter #3
Giving some info abt Saddle Sore ride.
1000 miles in 24 hours is the target which can be achieved on any 2 wheeler sold in India.

Recently I did 3 Saddle Sore rides on 3 different motorbikes.
1. Hero Splendor Pro = 1618 km in 24 Hours
2. Hero Impulse = 1622 km in 24 Hours
3. Hero Passion Xpro = 1619 km in 24 Hours

Certificate of Saddle Sore ride done on Hero Splendor Pro

Ride Details:
1. Hero Splendor Pro = DevjeetSaha.com | Saddle Sore on Hero Splendor Pro
2. Hero Impulse = DevjeetSaha.com | Saddle Sore on Hero Impulse
3. Hero Passion Xpro = DevjeetSaha.com | Saddle Sore on Hero Passion XPro

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
A very good milestone to achieve.Kudos to you.
May I know what kind of benefit we can get from this certification.

Last edited:
Welcome to TAI, Awesome Dev kudos to your dedication a friend also did the same ride on RE on the same route. Have you done all the rides on the same route or diffrent routes. Can you tell us what ar the proofs that you have submitted to prove that the ride was done in 24 hours

Thread Starter #7
A very good milestone to achieve.Kudos to you.
May I know what kind of benefit we can get from this certification.
IBA certificate or its Guinness certificate all are almost same. No financial benefits, but its feels great to have one.

Thanks for sharing the details. Didnt you do your first saddle sore on a Karizma?
I did BUN BURNER ride on Hero Karizma in the year 2009.
2658 kms in 35 hours 50 mins.

Details: DevjeetSaha.com | Bun Burner on Hero Karizma

Welcome to TAI, Awesome Dev kudos to your dedication a friend also did the same ride on RE on the same route. Have you done all the rides on the same route or diffrent routes. Can you tell us what ar the proofs that you have submitted to prove that the ride was done in 24 hours
Hi,
I did 3 saddle sore ride on the same route. PUNE - BANGALORE - PUNE.
The main proof is the electronic swipe via credit card at the petrol pump.
Using same credit/debit card proofs the person is riding for sure.

As i have done pune bangalore pune 4 times now so I know where credit/debit card swipe is available. So I stop only at that petrol pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nice to see we have a thread for everything here.

Guys Im planning to do the same route for my saddle sore in Feb any suggestions and details would be appreciated.

as far as i know we need to have a starting witness and ending witness and fill up reciepts every 300 kms. The only thing i dont understand is the documentation of the turning point as for me it will be pune what documentation do i require at the turning point. Inputs from people who have done it already would be a great help.

Mr.Devjeet Saha as you have mentioned that you have the info on the petrol pumps would you please share it here so that it would be helpful.

Im doing a test run in January to check my speed. Hope I complete it.

Im trying to do it on My Atom i.e Royal Enfield Classic 350 which has been Modified.

The Link to which can be found here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...yal-enfield-classic-350-ownership-review.html

@DevjeetSaha, Congratulations on your achivements. Sorry if it sounds naive but any specific reason for selecting less-thirsty and comparatively low-end bikes for your saddle sores?. May be because they were sponsored by Hero Honda itself?. Anyone can assume you must be busy with your rides and challenges but on behalf of many like minded people here I request you to kindly find some time to visit TAI more often if not regularly to share your wonderful experiences with us.

@Incarnation, all the best my friend and hats off to your spirit, wish to see you soon with a similar Iron butt certification in hand [cheers]!.

Last edited:

Top Bottom