Single Trip: 28049.66 KMs. 28 States on Motocycle!!

Thread Starter #1
“GUINNESS WORLD RECORD” For “Longest Journey By Motorcycle In A Single Country” with a distance of 28,049.66 Km. Our Journey Was passing through All The States And Union Territories Of Indian Mainland Covering Almost Everywhere In India With The Massage Of “Road Safety Awareness” For Our Nation.

It started in 1999, when he was 40 years old. Vishnubhai was strongly attached to his mother throughout his life and her sad demise in 1999 left him in sorrow. A wish to do something special for his mother, left him thinking about something unconventional. It was that day when he decided to do something different, something that whole world will remember of. He decided to complete death ceremony of his mother at three of most sacred places for Hindus - Gaumukh (Gangotri), Haridwar and Pushkar. He started on a road trip on his Suzuki Max 100R with only aim of doing something special for his beloved mother so that her soul would rest in peace. He did not even inform anyone at home about this unconventional ride and just left home on his bike. This is how journey of a passionate rider to create several world records started! “I think bike riding is in my DNA. I have always wanted to do something different. Something that whole world will respect and remember with pride. I think I am a natural rider and a strong force within me drives me to achieve these milestones in life.” – says, Vishnu Mehta before starting to talk about his riding adventures.

VISHNU MEHTA - A RECORD HOLDER RIDER FROM GUJARAT

Motivation – this simple word can lead you to do superhuman things in life. It’s only about a spark, a ray of hope in life; and it will change the way world looks at you. We met one such rider whose motivation for riding is very different. Whose rides are very special and definitely requires steel heart.

Meet Vishnu Mehta, a 52 years old son of Gujarat, whose name proudly represents Gujarat’s pride in Limca Book of records. Vishnu Mehta is avid traveler and runs his own tours and travels company in Navsari, Gujarat. What started as small automobile business, has now converted in to a giant effort to register his name in Guiness Book of World records. Vishnubhai has more than 700,000 kms of 2-wheeler & 4-wheeler riding experience across each and every corner of country. Here is an inspiring tale of how a rider gets motivation to ride and how records chase him.

It started in 1999, when he was 40 years old. Vishnubhai was strongly attached to his mother throughout his life and her sad demise in 1999 left him in sorrow. A wish to do something special for his mother, left him thinking about something unconventional. It was that day when he decided to do something different, something that whole world will remember of. He decided to complete death ceremony of his mother at three of most sacred places for Hindus - Gaumukh (Gangotri), Haridwar and Pushkar. He started on a road trip on his Suzuki Max 100R with only aim of doing something special for his beloved mother so that her soul would rest in peace. He did not even inform anyone at home about this unconventional ride and just left home on his bike. This is how journey of a passionate rider to create several world records started! “I think bike riding is in my DNA. I have always wanted to do something different. Something that whole world will respect and remember with pride. I think I am a natural rider and a strong force within me drives me to achieve these milestones in life.” – says, Vishnu Mehta before starting to talk about his riding adventures.

1999 incident was just a beginning. This real life hero has done many adventurous journeys since then. Here is a list of his records:

Indian Coastal Expedition – 2008. A journey covering coastal route of Indian sea line, summing up to 7084 kms. He took only 11days, 12 hours and 20 minutes to cover the entire journey. Limca Book of Records honored him with registering his name on records for this epic journey.North – South Expedition – 2009. This adventurous trip is also recorded on Limca book of records for covering distance of 4196 kms, from Leh to Kanyakumari in merely 6 days, 7 hours and 35 minutes on his Pulsar 180.Leh to Kanyakumari - 2010. Another journey that got featured in Limca book of Records was in 2010. When Vishnubhai covered distance of 4044 kms, from Leh to Kanyakumari in just 4 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes on his Mahindra Scorpio.
His notable journeys include East – West Expedition, starting from Tezu (Arunachal Pradesh) to Koteshwar (Gujarat). This journey of 3854 kms was covered in just 3 days, 11 hours and 10 minutes on his Toyota Innova. Vishnubhai proudly remembers several other expeditions while talking to us. A memorable trip to Khardung-La pass, Marsimek-La and Pengong Lake was one of his most challenging and enduring trip.

So far, he has been covered in more than 71 articles and been recognized by many organizations and auto companies. When we asked him about concerns of our countries at such remote locations, he simply said, “Ours is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The biggest danger to us is from our unreliable neighbor China. In no circumstances, beautiful regions of Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh should go in China’s hands. I salute to the spirit of Indian Army men serving at these locations and It should be our duty to keep our regions safe and intact from our neighbors.” This prolific rider has never faced any major accident during his journey of 700,000 kms yet. Apart from a close save in a mishap with a Gypsy, his driving has been safe and blissful. When asked about bad riding days, he remembers several days when he hand-towed his punctured bike several times to reach to closest puncture repairer. Unlike many of us, Vishnu Mehta has no celebrity as his role model. Instead, he has met few inspiring personalities like Indian army men, Kevraj Gurjar (a BMX bike balancer, who performs Yoga on his BMX bike on Himalayan Cliffs) whom he considers as his role models.

Lastly, while closing our interview with him, he gives his message to budding riders: “Always take proper care of your bike. Oil changing is really important and never be lazy to change it once you have crossed your oil changing date.”

NOW ON PULSAR 200NS.
VISIT
Vishnu Mehta
https://www.facebook.com/vishnu.mehta.146

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom