Suzuki Inazuma: Price Slashed by Rs. 1 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Shubhabrata Marmar of Overdrive has confirmed that the[surprise]exhorbitantly exhorbitant[surprise] price of the sweet Inazuma has been brought down to a more 'buyable' level.

S.jpg

Suzuki has confirmed that the GW250 Inazuma’s price has been realigned, bringing it from Rs 3.61 lakh on-road Mumbai to approximately Rs 2.61 lakh on-road Mumbai. Suzuki says the realignment comes after numerous prospects’ inquiries at showrooms revealed that the price was the primary stumbling block.

In fact, when we road tested the 25PS 250cc parallel-twin engined motorcycle, we appreciated its refinement, spacious seat and ergonomics and loved the feel but thought the price would prove to be a major barrier.

The new price makes the motorcycle a far more appealing buying proposition whilst still offering a dramatically different riding proposition compared to its nearest price peer, the KTM 390 Duke which retails at roughly Rs 2.1 lakh on-road Mumbai.

Suzuki says customers who have already purchased the Inazuma shouldn’t worry either because it intends to compensate them for the difference in price as well. This is a great move from Suzuki and we are looking forward to seeing more Inazumas on the road.

Source: Suzuki Inazuma At Rs 2.6 Lakh On-road Mumbai - Overdrive

The Suzuki website, however, does not display the reduced price as of now.

Still a little bit over priced curse the CKD route [frustration] and also looks aren't that great .But it has a very very good pillion seat
Would I buy it? definitely not was expecting this bike for more than two years at the price bracket of 1.8 lakhs [sleep] .

If I ever buy one! the first thing to be chopped is the head lights assy and modify .

Last edited:
Completely agree with you on pricing and double agree with you on that fairing. On Road must be around 2 to 2.10 L. Suzuki is not thinking to sell these in great numbers. They just wanted a contender in that section. But how come they can reduce the price by 1L ? Is it because of the government change? Or where they making that much profit ? Like 1/3 of a bike price is their profit ?
Or their calculations where wrong somewhere?
Anyway less is always good [;)]

After such a long wait, they finally managed to price at 2.6 lac. But according to me the price tag is not suitable for this design. Although the engine refinement is much better, but still consumer is always looking for some GREAT. I think Suzuki is targeting only to those audience who go for "only SUZUKI brand".

If I would buy this bike, will first chop the front mudguard...it some what feels like fitted in reverse direction. Rest of the bike looks clean and great, no extra plastic [ABS].

Thread Starter #6
If I would buy this bike.......
Suzuki is not thinking to sell these in great numbers.
Here's a lovely write up by Shubhabrata on why the Inazuma should be bought:

Given the design and intent, the power output is a modest 24PS at 8500rpm, though torque peaks at 22Nm at just 6500rpm. For reference, the Ninja 300 makes 5Nm more, but at 10,000rpm and the Hyosung GT250R makes 22Nm also, but at 8,000rpm. What that means in the real world is that we have good news and we have not-so-good news. The latter first. The ‘Zuma isn’t a zoomer. 100kmph takes 10.73 seconds while top speed is 131.6kmph. But that is the extent of it. The rest is all on the up and up.

From the time you let the light clutch out, the ‘Zuma proves responsive and never, ever, stressed or strained in feel. Rolling on the throttle at any time, produces acceleration, though you can distinctly feel greater urgency past 6,000rpm. The bike is redlined at 11,000rpm and once you pass 8500rpm, the peak power point, the power tails off gracefully and that makes the full rev band pretty useful.

But the real story is how the Inazuma feels. And it feels pretty darn good. The clutch requires no effort at all and the balancer shaft does an epic job of quelling the vibes. There’re some tingles at really high revs, but but do not ever get in the way of riding. What the Inazuma lives for is cruising between 6- and 9,000rpm where the engine is near-silent and utterly vibe free. It’s a sort of calm that nothing in the segment offers at the moment. And ridden like this, the Inazuma also manages 30kmpl in the city and 35.3kmpl on the highway, some of the segment’s best economy numbers. What that means is a motorcycle that will cruise with great elegance at 80-110kmph all day while giving you nearly 450-500km of range on a tankful.

Quick, sharp, frenetic, frantic, urgent and all the Inazuma isn’t. But here is a dramatically different, calmer motorcycle that’s easy to love with, easy to ride and that is an utterly valid alternative to its peers. And before you ask, there’s enough torque to make short work of fast passes on the highway and the ‘Zuma only starts to draw out acceleration past the 125kmph mark. And lest we forget, the gearbox is marvelous – effortless, slick and absolutely lovely to use.

Given the massive wheelbase it sits on (25mm longer than the Ninja 300 and almost 60mm, holy cow, longer than the 390 Duke), the handling is as you expect it. The Inazuma responds to inputs smartly but a sportsbike it is not. What it is, though, is stable. At any speed and in nearly every situation, the Inazuma is unshakeable. So good is the steel single downtube cradle frame, telescopic fork and 7-way adjustable preload rear monoshock combination that it almost makes the IRC Road Winner tyres (remember them from the Ninja 250) look like heroes when they really are just a bit above average in tyre performance.

The steel single downtube cradle frame, telescopic fork and 7-way adjustable preload rear monoshock combination is very good

What really shines though, as brightly as the whole Milky Way on dark night, is the ride quality. Suzuki have gone all out to create a comfortable motorcycle and boy have they nailed it. The Inazuma absorbs some alarmingly big bumps with such unflappable grace you’d think Queen Elizabeth was the inspiration for the ride quality. And it isn’t a soggy, plush mess either. The body floats steadily and smoothly above wheels blurring out from the up down action as a bad stretch of roads pummels the suspension. When you load the bike up, even on stock settings, bottoming the ‘Zuma out takes a bit of work, but generally speaking, this is a level of ride quality that we haven’t seen before in this segment. Hell, in our market. The Impulse is our previous pick of the ride quality stakes but the ‘Zuma makes the Impulse looks like a plush, soggy mess. This is world-class benchmark setting stuff.

Suzuki like to say that the ‘Zuma shares brake components with the ‘Busa and if you think about it, the front brake is exactly one-half of the big bike’s braking kit. Thankfully, this doesn’t mean alarmingly hair trigger anchors. The ‘Zuma, like the rest of the chassis, brakes sharply but without an alarming amount of bite and without any drama. At full braking though, you’ll hear the IRCs squealing away like hungry piglets. It’s more annoying than worrisome though.

Let’s not beat about the bush. Rs 3.1 lakh ex-showroom Delhi and just to put a fine point on it, Rs 3.61 lakhs on-road in Mumbai is bonkers pricing. That’s a lot of money to ask for the Inazuma and I can tell you right now that Suzuki are not going to sell a truckload of this in India.

It isn’t just the price either. We are a young market, full of aggressive young riders enamoured of performance as well as the plastic that wraps around the performance and the ‘Zuma, arguably has little of the former and none of the latter. And then there is the gentle, graceful nature of the performance. Which feels amazing in the eleventh hour of a long ride, or when wafting through the umpteeth monsoon-shattered stretch of road on your commute. But exciting in that visceral manner of the Ninja 300 or the Duke the Inazuma is not. Most riders, especially those of young age or, er, youthful disposition, will find the Inazuma a bit to stodgy, a bit to laid back and not thrilling enough to ride.

Most riders, especially those of young age or, er, youthful disposition, will find the Inazuma a bit to stodgy, a bit to laid back and not thrilling enough to ride

But don’t discount the motorcycle wholly. Within the extended friends circle of Team OVERDRIVE, we ourselves know a number of people who own machines big and small who ride them at steady, studied speed. Who prefer the reassuring continuum to the frantic event horizon. People who love the torque and effortless cruising abilities of their Unicorns and GS150Rs. These people find it hard to to upgrade to the brasher, more aggressive motorcycles that dot the 250-300cc motorcyclescape right now. The Inazuma may be expensive in India, but it is the only motorcycle that this lot can upgrade do. And in that sense, Suzuki have managed to get one teeny-tiny toe-hold at the forefront of Indian motorcycling with the GW250 Inazuma.

Source: 2014 Suzuki Inazuma GW250 India Road Test Review - Road Test By Overdrive

Suzuki says customers who have already purchased the Inazuma shouldn’t worry either because it intends to compensate them for the difference in price as well. This is a great move from Suzuki and we are looking forward to seeing more Inazumas on the road.[/I]
It will be a really good move from Suzuki if they do it. Other manufacturers should learn from Suzuki.

I had waited for this bike longtime as it is a perfect upgrade for me from GS150R. But the exhorbitant price and the lack of ABS made me to think about something else.

Though the price reduced from earlier still i feel it is not worth that money and they should sell it less than 2.1 lakh on road to find custmers including me.

Thread Starter #9
Agreed. Sell this at 1.5 lakh rupees on road and see it fly out of the showrooms.

Reelesh: Where is your GS150R ownership review?

Sam@

Waiting to complete 1 lakh on odo[;)]
Sorry brother.. i shall do it within this month.

Now it reached 67K km in 4 years. Still running 70 Km daily.

Thread Starter #11
Yeah, and after it has done 1 lakh km, buy the Inazuma [;)].

Off topic but I had to choose a 150cc motorcycle under Rs. 1 lakh to cross India to and fro, I'd, without any second thoughts, pick up a GS150R - blame the sweet, unstressed motor and the sixth cog. I wish the GS150R had done well in the market.

Anyways, anyone here evaluating the Inazuma as his next purchase?

Anyways, anyone here evaluating the Inazuma as his next purchase?
I would have considered if it was launched at around 1.6-1.8 lakh otr and also a different headlight assy but now no chance of it . Not interested in fairing though.
Even now if I buy one I will be wandering for spares after a few years . I had witnessed this first hand with my fiero .
But I am a great fan of suzuki for their engine and build quality.

Even now if I buy one I will be wandering for spares after a few years . I had witnessed this first hand with my fiero .
But I am a great fan of suzuki for their engine and build quality.
Things are not changed even now. I had to wait one or two weeks sometimes to get an air filter for my GS 150R. Sorry for the offtopic but i couldnt resist telling this.

None of the 3 Suzuki dealers were ready to repair the oil burning issue in my friend's zeus for the past 6 months. Atlast i had given a strong feedback on suzuki website last Thursday. I got a call from delhi within 10 minutes and service manger from Kochi dealership called within another 5 minutes and we given the bike for repair within another 2 hours. They asked for one week and now we are waiting for their call today.

Suzuki ASS SM called me last friday after opening the engine and told me they couldnt see any problem with piston. i told him to check again and they later repalced the piston and cylinder. BTW it is the first time that engine was opening in that bike and this 2007 model zeus had already crossed 3lakh KM and more till last week.

Owner bought another used zeus last week(2010 model Approx 30K run) and not ready to sell this one.

Last edited:
Thanks to Sam to start this thread. After slashing price by 1 lakh makes Inazuma as a great bike at right price. I started drooling over it so visited Apple Suzuki. We greeted by a Black Muscular and rock solid Inazuma. 1st impression was awesome and instantly I started adoring it. This is not a flimsy and over plastic cladded bike but a simple bike with great road presence. I can only compare it with likes of Thunderbird not like Duke & CBR.

The on-road price is 2.47 Lakhs in Bangalore which is acceptable with kind of engineering it has. This is not made for any single market but made for global market. The built is very solid and has precise engineering with lots of R&D not likes of Bajaj/TVS which launch a new bike every quarter.

I had a short test drive say about 1 KM.

+ves

1: Riding posture - It is designed as tourer and ergonomics is great as like of RE/Karizma.
2: Gear shift - Butter smooth.
3: Considerable amount of power which is okay for my need, I do not want always angry bike.
4: Engine refinement : Wow this what whole world is praising about it.
5: Gear indicator.
6: It has dual clutch and it makes city riding smoother without much gear change.
7: I tested it's power and torque from gear 2 to 6 and felt awesome.
8: Look I do not care much but it is very appealing and most importantly my wife liked it lot. She even asked me to book it right away but now I stopped taking decision on impulse.

-ve

The rear does not appealed much.
This is not for teenager who wants sudden rush.This bike is meant for mature rider who rather enjoys the riding instead of doing a sprint.

Now my questions to TAI and Sam.
1: If I buy this bike in say couple of months, I will have confidence in it's engineering and reliability but worried about if any part replacment needed then how long need to wait. I read many horror story about people waiting for parts to arrive.

2: Is there any better option? No to CBR and big no to KTM?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #15
Now my questions to TAI and Sam.
1: If I buy this bike in say couple of months, I will have confidence in it's engineering and reliability but worried about if any part replacment needed then how long need to wait. I read many horror story about people waiting for parts to arrive.
Alok, anyone who could provide a conclusive answer to this question, I will buy him an Inazuma today, for cash.

See, the Inazuma has just been launched. Even at this price, I doubt it will have many takers (though even I am tempted to buy one - dropped a mail to Suzuki few days back about availability in my city but no reply from their side yet). A motorcycle that doesn't sell well obviously does not encourage dealers to stock spares in plentiful. However, you are living in the motorcycle capital of Hindustan; Bangalore would see its fair share of Inazumas on the road and therefore availability of regular consumables like air/oil filter should not be an issue at the dealer end as long as you make it sure to intimate him the date of service in advance. Body parts would always remain scarce but then how often do we drop our motorcycles anyway? Engine is a gem and should last for a looooong time and I don't see any need for engine spares. Cables would never shear, electricals would never malfunction, rust would never surface provided you keep it nicely clean and dry. So in the overall scheme of things, unless your office commute involves crossing Khardung la everyday, I don't see an issue for regular parts, not at least in a city like namma Benagaluru. Spares may be pricey though (remember, nothing is being made in house), do ask the dealer for price list of regular consumables. Fingers crossed.
2: Is there any better option? No to CBR and big no to KTM?
As far as the quality and build of the Inazuma is concerned nothing even comes close at that price range (as you have witnessed for yourself). Its, as on date, the cheapest twin available in the country.

For touring (space; suspension and ride quality; seat; relaxed ergonomics,; undersquare, lazy, vibe free engine), again nothing comes close at its price point.

Performance (acceleration, top speed) wise, motorcycles half its price would give you similar/better figures.

So it depends on what you are looking for (just curious -why no to CBR?); but since I have been following your motorcycle shopping thread, I'd say go for it if you could afford the price - it meets all your criteria brilliantly. Maybe I too shall get one[roll].

p.s.: Since you will be at the Suzuki showroom again (heh heh[;)]) do take a long (highway) test ride of the GS150R with your wife riding pillion, and tell me if you like it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom