New TVS Wego On Sale. Price Unaffected.

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
TVS has rolled out the revised version of Wego with some noticeable tweaks. However, price has remained unaffected.

Price (Ex.showroom, Mumbai):

> Disc Variant: Rs 49,580

> Drum Variant: Rs.48,857

Features:

> Econometer

> Brake clamp

> LED tail lamp

> Body Graphics

> Two Tone Color

> Redesigned Seat

> Black Alloy Wheels

> Digital speedometer

Press Release:
Hosur, May 29, 2014: TVS Motor Company has launched the new 2014 TVS WEGO. The new TVS WEGO comes with best-in-class engineering and is loaded with new features in exciting new colours. TVS Motor Company has incorporated several improvements in the engine of the new TVS WEGO making it one of the smoothest performers in its class. The only, all metal bodied scooter in India, TVS WEGO is an ideal blend of style, stability, manoeuvrability, power and mileage. Targeted at young urban couples offering the proposition of quality time together: ‘WE TIME’, TVS WEGO now comes with several new features including a fully digital console, tubeless tyres, parking brakes, stylish new muffler and TVS patented econometer.

The new TVS WEGO comes with fresh graphics in monotone and new dual tone colours. The sharp edged design and refreshing styling of TVS WEGO enabled it to become the recipient of the prestigious India Design Mark (I Mark) by the India Design Council. The India Design Council is affiliated with ministry of commerce and industry and comprises eminent people in academia, design and industry organizations.

The new 2014 TVS WEGO is equipped with an improved, noise-free, all-aluminum, low-friction engine which delivers high performance along with superior ride quality and comfort. At peak power, TVS WEGO’s 110 cc engine delivers 8 BHP @ 7500rpm. Adding to the uniqueness of this trendy scooter are other features such as twelve-inch alloy wheels, telescopic front suspension and gas filled rear shock absorbers, normally found only in motorcycles. Multi-reflector halogen headlamps and a LED tail lamp with optical guides accentuate the scooter’s styling. With a host of new and exciting features, TVS WEGO offers best in class mileage of 62 kmpl under standard test conditions. The new 2014 TVS WEGO is the best buy for the young urban couple and is available at TVS dealerships at a price of Rs. 46,410 ex-Delhi.
red.png

gray.png

white.png

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wouldn't this be narrowing the difference between the Wego and Jupiter too much, or did i miss something?

Exactly. Even I thought the same. I was thinking that they might discontinue Wego after certain period and focus on Wego since both the vechicles are almost identical

Precisely. The Jupiter seems more like a successor of the Wego than an all-new machine and now that they've applied most of the features of the Jupiter to the Wego, I don't really see the reason to buy a Wego.

Not to mention there is barely any price difference.

Jupiter is for typical extra utility and muscular look whereas Wego is more sporty and athletic.
But now the Wego gets the Ecothrust engine that is not the same as Jupiter I guess.

They have the exact same engine and since they both weigh around the same (4kg difference) there should be nothing between the two in terms of sportiness.

Only advantage of Wego that I can find is the optional disc brake up front, but I'm guessing soon it will be available for the Jupiter as well.

Design is subjective.

Top Bottom