New Bajaj Discover 150 CC Launched

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After tasting a good success from the 100cc variant of Discover, Bajaj will be launching the 150cc variant of same bike as soon as on 10th of this month. An excerpt from Wheels-unplugged below;

According to news report, this will support the company to increase its Discover brand sales from 80,000 units a month to 150,000 units a month over the next one year. The Discover 150cc will be priced and positioned below Bajaj Pulsar 150cc and is estimated to be cost just under Rs. 50,000. The new bike would be positioned as a commuter motorcycle sporting a DTSi engine that offers more mileage and efficiency. However, the company will phase out the 135cc Discover with the arrival of its bigger version. According to an auto enthusiast who requested anonymity, “The 2010 Discover 150 will appeal to buyers who find the Pulsar 150 a little too sporty and expensive for their liking. Bajaj Auto is aiming to entice 125cc buyers to the 150cc segment through the new model. Therefore, it is highly likely that the new Discover model would be cheaper than that of the Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i and just a tad pricier than the Bajaj Discover 135 DTS-i and the Bajaj Pulsar 135 DTS-i.”

Bajaj-discover-150-cc.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
But thankfully they will be at-least discontinuing the lower 135cc variant!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes ... but all this starting and stopping of models and variants with such frequency wreaks havoc with re-sale values!!

Launched!!

hmm..Bajaj wants to grab most of the market shares by filling every segment with their bikes but launching same bike in different cc won't work everytime. anyways they yesterday launched the bike and below are details from motorbeam

Bajaj Auto has launched the new Discover 150. The Discover 150 is powered by a 150cc 13 PS DTS-i engine giving an excellent on-road mileage of 65 kmpl (company claimed) equal to most other 100cc’s. The new Discover 150cc features 5 speed gear-box, electric start, Nitrox Suspension, Disc-brake and Wider-rear tyres. Discover 150 is priced at Rs. 46.000/- (ex-showroom, Delhi) and will be launched in a phase-wise manner across the country. The Discover 150 adheres to the latest BS III emission norms.

“Discover 100 took market by a storm with its launch last July. In this short span of time the Discover 100 is already one of the largest selling models in the motorcycle market with current volumes averaging 75,000 per month. With the new Discover 150, we are instilling a fresh momentum and adding riding excitement to the overall Discover portfolio,” Mr. S. Sridhar, CEO, Bajaj Auto said.

Attachments

Looking very lean and normal for a 150cc bike! They have detuned the engine slightly to get more FE i guess as its only 13PS whereas Pulsar is 14.5PS!

But too many models in the same segment and same brand , may prove to be negative in the long run!

Yuck.[pig]
Its almost similar to Discover 100. Too skinny for 150 cc.[anger]
I'm sure it'll be of poor quality.

Vibhor- Change the title to launched

Last edited:
Re: 150cc Discover Launched!

I own a Discover 150 cc and bought it when it was launched in 2010 in my city.

Pros:

1. Excellent pickup
  2. Fantastic mileage. I get around 60 km/l.
  3. Not very heavy or bulky like Pulsar. This has a -ve effect too, which I have mentioned in the cons.
  4. Good suspension and ride
Cons:

1. Rider seat is narrow and not enough support for people who are fat or who have wide back
  2. Tall for people like me - 5'6''
  3. Light vehicle for 150cc. One can experience the vehicle shaking at moderate wind speeds.
  4. Takes literally 5 minutes to get the engine warm. If one starts the vehicle before it is warm, the vehicle stops all of a sudden. This lead to an accident where I was hurt by a lorry behind [frustration]

It wasn't necessary to launch a 150cc bike. Too many options results in confusion for the buyers. Discover was perfect when it had the 135cc/125cc.

Yuck.[pig]
Its almost similar to Discover 100. Too skinny for 150 cc.[anger]
I'm sure it'll be of poor quality.

Vibhor- Change the title to launched
Its just a commuter bike. So you can't expect a fat look for it! [:)]

It's looking good but somewhere i feel it is kinda small for a 150 CC, comparing to other 150 CC bikes in the market.

Hello friends! Bajaj Discover DTS-Si 100 is an amazing bike. I have been using this bike for the last 8 years. Its build quality is very good in its prize range. Secondly, it gives milage upto ( 70 km/l) easily. Its appeal is also good. But the diappointing factor is its engine. Its ( engine) cannot give so much power. It is so much behind than its competitors because of its engine. Its comfort is not the best but good. Its brakes are not so bad and also not v. Good, these are fine only. If you buy this bike you have service it about 2-3 times a year. It also gives little noices from its body parts after 3-4 years of use which is a disappointing factor. So, finely I will not suggest you to bike this bike. There are

some other better bikes in this segment.

Top Bottom