Installing Aftermarket Bike Security System: Pros & Cons

Thread Starter #1
Now a days most of the cars comes with company fitted anti-theft security systems but, in two-wheeler segment, Mahindra Centuro is the only choice. But after considering other technical aspects and service support, I zeroed in on Honda Dream Neo.
Now, my friends tell me to go for after market anti-theft systems like Xenos, Minda etc which costs approx rs 1500/- including fitting charges.

When I discussed the same with Honda authorized service center, the service guy told me that such after market security systems will effect the battery life and the general two year warranty wouldn't be available to battery and wiring kit since fitting such systems requires tampering of original wiring.

Then, I discussed the same with the service person in Xenos dealership but he told me that no such problems are reported yet and the power consumption of the unit is very low in idle condition. He also showed me the chinese clip-on connectors, which doesn't require cutting of wires but only wire sleeve is chipped to get contact, that they use to tap the connections from original wiring. He also showed me his own honda unicon fitted with Xenos bike security.

quick_splice.jpg

So, please advice me on whether its ok to go for such a security system for my honda dream neo, and , if yes, which brand I should go for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom