HELP: Honda CBR 150R - Engine Oil Question

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I'm new in this forum. Sorry if this question has been asked before, I've searched the forum but didn't get any satisfactory answer.

I've some questions regarding my CBR 150R Engine Oil.
Honda recommends it's own 10w30 Mineral engine Oil.
Last time i switched to Castrol Power1 10w30 semi-synthetic. The experience was smooth and powerful. But only 900ml bottles are available here, besides I want to switch to Motul.
I checked the Motul website and decided Motul Technosynth 5100 10w30 will suit best.
But when I tried to buy it, I even contacted 3-4 authorized Motul dealers in Kolkata. But none of them got 10w30. Said people don't use that and suggested to use full synthetic 10w40 instead. According to them viscosity doesn't really matter. Some even suggested 15w50 .
I'm rather confused. Since 10w30 is not available in Kolkata, can I buy it online?
Or should I switch to different viscosity like they suggested [confused]

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank a lot.

P.S: My bike ran around 6000km.

Since you bike has clocked 6k km , you can safely move to Fully synthetic oil. I am using Motul 300v Factory line 10w40 and it improved the engine smoothness , felt significant difference and also my gearshift feels butter smooth now but comes at a cost since Honda FS 10w30 costs half of this. Dont change viscosity spec, hold on to 10w30 or 10w40. Yes, availability is a concern, for me I tried hard to locate store in chennai . You can try contacting through number given in motul site, I found the shop by that way. BTW, mine is 250R

Hello Rookie!
Honda CBR 150R has engine oil specification as 10w30. Even my Honda CBF Stunner has also the same engine oil specification. I used original Honda recommended 10w30 Mineral Oil upto 4 free Services in Honda Service Centres. But, after some discussions from the Forums, I decided to switch the engine oil. After 2200kms, I switched to Elf Moto XT Tech 10w50 Fully Synthetic and run it upto 8200kms (6000kms wha!!), Engine was then very smooth and refined after pouring Elf. After then I switched to Motul 300V Factory Line 10w40 Easter Technology 100% synthetic. OH My God!! What a engine oil, purely a gem, Clutch-Gear shifting-engine note-high temperature protection evrything is great.
So, I recommend use Motul 300V 4T Factory Line 10w40 100% synthetic, you will not regret it after buying..

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TAI-ger

Suspended
It is better to go for synthetic oil as it provides far better lubrication as compared to mineral oil. I am as per now using mobil1 synthetic oil in my Audi A6 2.0 tdi which is recommended by Audi. I don't know lot much information about bikes but synthetic oil provides far better lubrication.

Rithwik.

Top Bottom