Bought TVS Wego (Disk Brakes)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys

Yesterday 20th December, I took my wife's Kinetic Honda for some auto accessories shopping to JC Road, and I got shocked to find the FE not even 20 kmpl. And she is using it to go to her office everyday covering almost 35 kms daily, that is nearly 4000 rupees a month on fuel. I thought something has to be done immediately, and seen some reviews about Activa, Aviater, Wego and Jupiter. I called up couple of TAI friends to get their suggestions.

Today morning, we took TD of all the above vehicles. We found Wego, a better option, for its sleek body, front disc brakes, alloy wheels and good suspension.

I wanted to give a new year gift to my wife, thought this is the best suitable one. And today she got a shock that I finalized the deal immediately after the TD. I made the payment in the morning and the dealer promised that he will give delivery of the bike by tomorrow evening after the RTO regn, and the registration number on Monday. The color opted is Red.

The price in Bangalore is

Basic cost : 51297
Regn/LTT : 8604
Comp. Ins : 1299
Std. access : 1418
IND nbr plt : 650

F/R S steel
guard, mat
seat cover
Buzzer
Grip cover : 2500

Total : Rs 65768/-.

After taking delivery I will upload the pictures.

Last edited:
Hi guys

Yesterday 20th December, I took my wife's Kinetic Honda for some auto accessories shopping to JC Road, and I got shocked to find the FE not even 20 kmpl. And she is using it to go to her office everyday covering almost 35 kms daily, that is nearly 4000 rupees a month on fuel. I thought something has to be done immediately, and seen some reviews about Activa, Aviater, Wego and Jupiter. I called up couple of TAI friends to get their suggestions.

Today morning, we took TD of all the above vehicles. We found Wego, a better option, for its sleek body, front disc brakes, alloy wheels and good suspension.

I wanted to give a new year gift to my wife, thought this is the best suitable one. And today she got a shock that I finalized the deal immediately after the TD. I made the payment in the morning and the dealer promised that he will give delivery of the bike by tomorrow evening after the RTO regn, and the registration number on Monday. The color opted is Red.

The price in Bangalore is

Basic cost : 51297
Regn/LTT : 8604
Comp. Ins : 1299
Std. access : 1418
IND nbr plt : 650

F/R S steel
guard, mat
seat cover
Buzzer
Grip cover : 2500

Total : Rs 65768/-.

After taking delivery I will upload the pictures.
Wow !! what a quick and right decision too. Look forward for your ownership thread very soon Sir[clap]

Congratulations Sir what I understood from this thread is as soon as you find the problem , discuss get the right solution and implement it ASAP. We all really get to learn so many things from you Sir [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #6
Congratulations Ram sir
for the new vehicle
Thank you jayesh

Wow !! what a quick and right decision too. Look forward for your ownership thread very soon Sir[clap]
Definitely Gurrala, I will post it within couple of days.

Congratulations Sir what I understood from this thread is as soon as you find the problem , discuss get the right solution and implement it ASAP. We all really get to learn so many things from you Sir [thumbsup]
Thank you konkantrip, I feel I took a late decision.

That was real quick

Congratulations on your new purchase :)
Thank you appus, you gave me a good suggestion.

Ram sir, congratulations on your new buy, mine was the same equation with her kinetic honda though in good shape still is with the seller in my same building but with lesser mileage and aging changed and brought Wego for her.
Btw can you share the pricing for its non disc brake variant, how much has the pricing went up since my purchase,got mine two years back for net 49k or 50k after some discounts and accessories.

Congrats Ram sir for the Wego. I have been hearing a lot of that scooter but never got a chance to ride it or get a detailed review from a person who is using it. I'm a bit nervous about Wego's reliability since its TVS or am I underestimating here.

Congrats Ram sir for the Wego. I have been hearing a lot of that scooter but never got a chance to ride it or get a detailed review from a person who is using it. I'm a bit nervous about Wego's reliability since its TVS or am I underestimating here.
I have brought it for my wife and have its ownership thread as well for your reference.There hasent been any reliability issue with tvs vehicles or my wego as well so far with it serving us superbly till now.
Any specific reasons you saying about reliability issue with TVS as company?

Thread Starter #11
Congrats on the quick new purchase !!! Awaiting Pics.

The Kinetic Honda was giving same mileage as a NANO.
Thank you anshuman8. This evening I took delivery of the bike. Shall upload the pictures tomorrow.

Ram sir, congratulations on your new buy, mine was the same equation with her kinetic honda though in good shape still is with the seller in my same building but with lesser mileage and aging changed and brought Wego for her.
Btw can you share the pricing for its non disc brake variant, how much has the pricing went up since my purchase,got mine two years back for net 49k or 50k after some discounts and accessories.
Thank you vijay. The showroom price for non disc brake wego in Bangalore is Rs 49222/-.

Thanks a lot jihu123. After doing the test drive, and based on some reviews I thought this is a better option. The bike is very smooth as well the suspension is. Rest we will have to wait and see.

I am not a technical expert to write a detailed review. However I will try to share my firsthand experience on the vehicle.

I have brought it for my wife and have its ownership thread as well for your reference.There hasent been any reliability issue with tvs vehicles or my wego as well so far with it serving us superbly till now.
Any specific reasons you saying about reliability issue with TVS as company?
Well, I personally don't see TVS matching the reliability of a Honda or Yamaha in the case of bikes. My Bro's friend sold of his TVS Apache RTR-180 after 1-2 years due to many complaints arising.

Thread Starter #13
A short owner ship review of TVS wego (disc brake)

Yesterday evening I took delivery of the vehicle and did the pooja in the nearby temple.

Today morning I took the bike for a ride.

I found the engine and the suspension is very smooth.

The storage box under the seat is very spacious, and there is a provision for cigarette lighter socket and can be used for mobile charging after fixing it.

The fuel lid is on the rear side, so filling is bit easy. The lid can be opened by turning the key anticlockwise and turn clockwise to open the seat.

The seat is very broad and very comfortable. The body is also very sleek, and got a body balance technology, hence very ideal for ladies.

The brakes are very effective with the disc brake in the front.

Overall the ride quality is very good.

Will know the real FE only after the first service (750 kms), though they claim 62 kmpl.

Attachments

Congrats on the buy, though Jupiter sales have cannibalized the Wego numbers. Since it'll be used by the missus, can't help but exhort the following points:

1. Use the kick starter first thing in the morning.

2. Engines are tuned lean now a days in the interest of fuel economy; so it may be possible that your new Wego refuses to crank on a cold morning. The correct way to crank a recalcitrant cold engine is - pull the choke, twist the throttle 1/4th and give it a solid, firm kick. It will start immediately[:)].

3. Please warm up the engine for a minute or so :please: and let the engine oil circulate whenever the scooter has been parked for more than 2-3 hours. Needless to say, warm it up for a couple of minutes in the morning before riding it.

4. Give a 10 second break between two or more successive 'self start' attempts. Good for the battery.

5. Follow the run-in procedure religiously.

It's a good, value for money scooter; would serve you reliably for a long time to come. And oh, the Thumbs up is for buying the disc brake version:agree:.

Last edited:
Congrats Sir, nice colour too. I dint know Wego had Disc brake option. I thought only the Honda Aviator came with Disc brakes. Have a safe, mileage friendly and trouble free ownership experience (unlike my legendary bike thread with N no of issues in the first 11 months itself).

Top Bottom