Honda Shine - Engine Mods

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I'm currently using Honda Shine and I like everything except the NVH levels after crossing 45 kmph. the whole bike literally vibrates with lot of noise

Can anyone in this forum please let me know if its possible to mod engine to eliminate noise and vibration? to get smooth performance atleast till 80 kmph

Re: Honda Shine - Engine mod

^^I always felt that this bike needs a 5th gear, hence such vibrations[thinking]. So before you go ahead, please discuss such issues with our experienced members

buddy. you have a reliable engine. any modification in the reliable Honda engine would reduce the engine life. regarding engine harshness you can try changing engine oil to synthetic ones. vibrations will be there when you push hard on a 100 cc bike. you can try tightening the bolts and nuts.

Thread Starter #4

buddy. you have a reliable engine. any modification in the reliable Honda engine would reduce the engine life. regarding engine harshness you can try changing engine oil to synthetic ones. vibrations will be there when you push hard on a 100 cc bike. you can try tightening the bolts and nuts.
Does using synthetic oil reduce vibration?

^^ little bit.
Other option,
try change/modify the front/rear sprockets.
1. check out the standard front/rear sprocket's teeth numbers
2. if you could able to find a front spocket which has one teeth more than standard or a rear sprocket with one teeth less than standard which used in any bke in Honda stable and a directly fit to your vechicle, then your issue will be solved. You need to try this on either front /rear.

This may reduce the initail pulling capacity ie bike may not pull like normal in a steep/ hilly road or with high load.
Try this If you have enough free time and you ride your bike mostly without pillion only.
I tried this in my earlier Gladiator with rx100/135's sprockets.

Last edited:

Pravin@
Terrafields issue is different and you could understand it if you try to ride any honda shine at 65kmhr.

Thread Starter #8

^^ little bit.
Other option,
try change/modify the front/rear sprockets.
1. check out the standard front/rear sprocket's teeth numbers
2. if you could able to find a front spocket which has one teeth more than standard or a rear sprocket with one teeth less than standard which used in any bke in Honda stable and a directly fit to your vechicle, then your issue will be solved. You need to try this on either front /rear.

This may reduce the initail pulling capacity ie bike may not pull like normal in a steep/ hilly road or with high load.
Try this If you have enough free time and you ride your bike mostly without pillion only.
I tried this in my earlier Gladiator with rx100/135's sprockets.
Thanks for your suggestion

Could you please let me know in detail how sprocket can impact vibration?

You feels the vibration, when the engine works in higher rpm.usually when the vibration come/engine at higher rpms, you will change it to higher gears and Shine really missing a 5th gear.

By changing the Sprockets mentioned above, you are changing the gear ratios actually.You will get tall gearing and dont feel vibration at same rpm/speeds like earlier.

Honda shine is really short geared.
You can easily make it taller by using a bigger front sprocket cause its cheaper than replacing rear one(in that case smaller one)You will also benefit from longer chain life and improved fuel efficiency.

Hi

I'm currently using Honda Shine and I like everything except the NVH levels after crossing 45 kmph. the whole bike literally vibrates with lot of noise

Can anyone in this forum please let me know if its possible to mod engine to eliminate noise and vibration? to get smooth performance atleast till 80 kmph
Forget it. If the vibrations bother you too much, sell it and buy another motorcycle that has its vibrations as per your taste.

Top Bottom