Bullet Thunderbird Disc Brake Issue!

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The other day I took my thunderbird to a local bullet mechanic to get the front disc brake check because it was making screeching noise.

One guy was cleaning the disc, the other opened the disc brake oil cover to check the oil.

He removed the old oil by pumping the brake repeatedly and pour in the new oil only to see that the new oil is not reaching the disc.

He said air has gotten in the system, i'll fix it. 20 minutes past by nothing happened and the brake was not working.

Today gave him the bike for full day. He fixed it but i'm sure that normal front brake is working and not disc brake

Brakes are not that efficient as they were before and i'm pressing it really hard but it stops like a non-disc brake bike.

What's the problem and how can I resolve it? I asked him the same thing he said it will become normal in a day or two and I don't believe him. I think he messed up my bike's brake.

Last edited:
Re: TBTS disc brake issue !

He might be right also. Normally when discs comes in contact with any type of oil or fuel it doesnt work efficiently.
This always happens with my p220 after a diesel wash. The brakes become really hard.
Id say wait for some time and see if its get resolved!

The other day I took my thunderbird to a local bullet mechanic to get the front disc brake check because it was making screeching noise.

One guy was cleaning the disc, the other opened the disc brake oil cover to check the oil.

He removed the old oil by pumping the brake repeatedly and pour in the new oil only to see that the new oil is not reaching the disc.

He said air has gotten in the system, i'll fix it. 20 minutes past by nothing happened and the brake was not working.

Today gave him the bike for full day. He fixed it but i'm sure that normal front brake is working and not disc brake

Brakes are not that efficient as they were before and i'm pressing it really hard but it stops like a non-disc brake bike.

What's the problem and how can I resolve it? I asked him the same thing he said it will become normal in a day or two and I don't believe him. I think he messed up my bike's brake.
This happened to my P150 when I changed the pads last time. Later it was rectified as the problem was in MC near the brake lever. After replacing with a new kit it became proper.

If there is air block inside the brake tube the lever will go fully inside at times and the brakes won't work but when you pump it with the lever it will start working; such case remove the air through the nipple down.

It is quite normal for the new brake pads to get set with with disc only after using few times while riding.

Check whether any grease or oil stains persist on the disc, if so, wash it with soap water or wipe it with thinner.

Top Bottom