1969 Royal Enfield: My Bike Which is Older Than Me in Age

Thread Starter #1
Am really proud to say that i owned a 1969 Royal REDBULL.
Guys I am sharing my ownership experience with my prized posession. A bike which is older than me in age

Two years ago in the month of June a college friend of mine and me were chatting via Facebook and I dont know how but we happened to start discussing about Royal Enfield vintage models, And my friend told me that There is a 1969 model enfield for sale and the asking price is around one lakh that time. I just ignored that because one lakh is too much for a used bike for me. After I arrive we decided to TD that bull, but still have any plan to buy that one. After my 3 Km TD I was very impressed with its condition (body and engine performance) and I noticed there were not any spot of oil leaks or anything.
The current owner for the bull need to sell it urgently because he required money for some urgent issues. So he brings down the price to 90k. And finally I bought it for 87K.

cheers
Menon

Attachments

Hi,
Its a good looking one. Actually the price you mentioned is not too high at this point of time. Realse value of the Old model Bullets in a good condition will earn you more than a lakh.

Thread Starter #3
So many peoples asked me for it, and they offer much more than 1lakh. But my answer always remains BIG NO

Great Bike. You will never feel like selling this bike. what about the maintenance part and also find a good mechanic for the same as the authorised service center guys may understand this machine correctly. Happy Riding

Thread Starter #5
Great Bike. You will never feel like selling this bike. what about the maintenance part and also find a good mechanic for the same as the authorised service center guys may understand this machine correctly. Happy Riding
I hav't face any mechanical issues yet [clap]. normal oil change, and servicing, thats it. And BTW i had to change the plug two times.

I hav't face any mechanical issues yet [clap]. normal oil change, and servicing, thats it. And BTW i had to change the plug two times.

menon86, your red bull looks very well maintained and really beautiful as well.

And after the re-registration it has got the new number also. I think past 10 years only RE bikes have become very popular and very much in demand. I really doubt that the new generation bikes will last this long.

Last edited:
i had to change the plug two times.
Why twice? Hope the plugs weren't soaked in oil which is a clear indication of worn out innards.

menon86, your red bull looks very well maintained and really beautiful as well.
I really doubt that the new generation bikes will last this long.
87000 rupees is an okay price for a 1969 Bullet. However, I see lots of parts that are not original. To someone who knows his Enfields, the actual worth of a 1969 Bullet lies in its originality. If you ever get to repaint it I suggest stick to the original Standard Bullet paint scheme. Get a Smith's speedo if you could and junk that Pricol one.

Regarding the longevity, the ELF of a Bullet engine is the highest among all Indian motorcycles due to it being a low rpm, low bhp, high cc engine and that is why it gets inherited in the family from the grandfather to the father to the son and so on so forth.

Top Bottom