Yamaha Crux Mileage After Tyre Changed

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post in this thread and I hope some will help me with the things.

I own a Yamaha SZR and Yamaha CRUX. I bought yamaha Crux after SZ when my family need a second bike . As SZR was a bit heavy for me sometime (my height is 5.3) , I thought to buy a smaller one CRUX was my choice, so I bought a Crux.

I changed the back tyre from 2.75 x 18" 6PR to 19Inch Zapper for better Safety as i need to travel around 60 km daily with my wife. I know that it will reduce the Bike Mileage, as I heard Crux used to Give above 70 Mileage i thought the new tyre will offer me a 60 at least.

Now its 2000 km and the mileage varies from 40-56 in different conditions. I know that tire pressure and load will affect this, but is there anything I should care to increase the mileage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Crux Mileage after Tyre Changed

Dear djgeminni,

What is the size of the rear tire that you have fitted on your Crux? Please clarify. I don't think Zappers are available in 19 inch size. Moreover, a 19 inch rim won't fit on the Crux hub and would foul with the swingarm.

Regards,
Sam

Tyre change if at all, won't affect the FE figures to such great extent. Get the original tyre back and check for few days and you will come to know, if the issue is with tyre or change or something else is causing this.

Thread Starter #4
@SAM Sorry its nt 19Inch. I put a 3inch X 18" tire. I didnt change the RIM and consulted the showroom technician before charnging the tyre dimension.
@dharmesh: Me too expect the same. But I noticed that mileage increases after air filling most times. So I expect the low air pressure with 2 people reduces the mileage.

@dharmesh . me too expect the same. but i noticed that mileage increase after air filling most times.. so i expect the low air pressure with 2 people reduces the mileage ...
Ofcourse the vehicle with 2 people will give less FE than vehicle with only person. Get your tyre checked for punctures as well.

Check air pressure every week mate.

A 0.25 inch increase in tire width would not affect fuel efficiency so drastically. The realistic mileage that a Crux would give you with a pillion in a city like Kollam would be around 60 kmpl, provided you ride sedately.

Low air pressure in the tire can wreck havoc with fuel efficiency, especially with a pillion. Check out the owner's manual and stick to the manufacturer recommended tire pressure (figures given in the manual would be different for single seat/double seat riding).

Thread Starter #7
Thanks all. I think the problem will be air pressure as I check it only once in a month and as its a new bike engine will take sometime to get run smoother may be atleast a 5,000km.

Top Bottom