Bike Handlebar Bent

Thread Starter #1
since my car was given for service i was driving my rx 100 for the past few days.
as i was travelling to trivandrum from kollam in the early morning .a dog jumped in front of me and i slammed on the brakes, the bike just skidded out of control and i fell on the ground the dog's head was hit by the front mud guard and it died.the bike fortunately had no major damages except for a bent handle bar and a bent mudguard,and a dent on the leg guard
should i replace the handle bar or try to correct it in a local shop?

since i think i automatically adjusts to the bent handlebar so can't make out the difference?is it dangerous to have a bent handle bar?

since my car was given for service i was driving my rx 100 for the past few days.
as i was travelling to trivandrum from kollam in the early morning .a dog jumped in front of me and i slammed on the brakes, the bike just skidded out of control and i fell on the ground the dog's head was hit by the front mud guard and it died.the bike fortunately had no major damages except for a bent handle bar and a bent mudguard,and a dent on the leg guard
should i replace the handle bar or try to correct it in a local shop?

since i think i automatically adjusts to the bent handlebar so can't make out the difference?is it dangerous to have a bent handle bar?
Yes you are very much in danger if you are riding with bent handlebar . First make sure forks and cone set is not damaged and bike is going in straight line .

2> Always replace bent handlebar/fork pipes / T / clip on's as no matter how hard you try there no way it will be in perfect shape after repairs .

Top Bottom