Sprocketing Dilemma For My Glamour

Thread Starter #1
In my glamour fi stock sprockets are 14/43 . i want tall gearing , is 15/43 a good bet. do stock chain works with it. HH achiever 15 tooth sprocket fit in glamour , any other ideas please explain.

It should reduce pick up in 1st & 2nd gear. I tried this in my gladiator before 5 years with Rx 100/135 Sprockets.

Thread Starter #3
Do hero honda sprockets are interchangeable ?

I want to put achiever 15 t front spcrocket in glamour 14 t ,

Last edited:
In my glamour fi stock sprockets are 14/43 . i want tall gearing , is 15/43 a good bet. do stock chain works with it. HH achiever 15 tooth sprocket fit in glamour , any other ideas please explain.
Thumb rules:

1. Increase in tooth of front sprocket OR reduction in tooth of rear sprocket will give you higher top speed at the cost of lower acceleration (crudely speaking, higher gear ratios).

2. Reduction in tooth of front sprocket OR increase in tooth of rear sprocket will give you better acceleration at the cost of lower top speed.

Stock chain would do. You shall have to check the mounting points before installing a new sprocket. You can try a 15/43 OR a 14/42 sprocket (though I don't know where would you be able to get the latter).

All the best and keep us posted[thumbsup]!

I think it should fit, looking purely at the specifications, but I would check out the mountings first even if the number of holes is the same in both cases.

I think it can possible in same company bikes. All Yamaha bikes sprockets are interchangeable, including four stroke and 2 stroke. Their clutch plates are also same.
We can do this in TVS also (no idea about their clutch).

Top Bottom