Yamaha R15 Sprocket Change. Help Needed.

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

I am posting this thread for my friend.He owns a R15 and has clocked over 25000 kms.He desperately needs a sprocket change but hesitates to get a new set for 3.5K+ INR.

He needs a cheaper set of sprockets,

1.will the p220's fit his bike
2.Will the FZ's fit?price?
3.any other specific models.price to be less than 2K

P.S:I know that the teeth count changes the performance of the bike.so better not to be more than 1 teeth +/- in GB and 3+/- in rear.

Re: R15 spocket change.Help needed

Hi friends,

I am posting this thread for my friend.He owns a R15 and has clocked over 25000 kms.He desperately needs a sprocket change but hesitates to get a new set for 3.5K+ INR.

He needs a cheaper set of sprockets,

1.will the p220's fit his bike
2.Will the FZ's fit?price?
3.any other specific models.price to be less than 2K

P.S:I know that the teeth count changes the performance of the bike.so better not to be more than 1 teeth +/- in GB and 3+/- in rear.
I think its better if he sticks with R15 sprockets only. Otherwise if you wanna go then try the FZ.

Re: R15 spocket change.Help needed

i just changed mine in 25k
costed me 1.5 k or something in bangalore
chrome automobiles in bel road
i am pretty much sure abt it not being 3.5k as i had a set of cheaper stuf of 700 something
and u wont believe that d chain broke of out of nowhere
and my engine case gott a crack as well
all these happened in the same day , so i believe it had something to do wit the fake set of sprockets

Thread Starter #4
I think its better if he sticks with R15 sprockets only. Otherwise if you wanna go then try the FZ.
My friends problem is the price.whats the price of the fz sprocket kit.is it a direct fit and do they share the same size of GB shaft?

i just changed mine in 25k
costed me 1.5 k or something in bangalore
chrome automobiles in bel road
i am pretty much sure abt it not being 3.5k as i had a set of cheaper stuf of 700 something
and u wont believe that d chain broke of out of nowhere
and my engine case gott a crack as well
all these happened in the same day , so i believe it had something to do wit the fake set of sprockets
Is the 1.5k genuine.i checked the price in the yamaha showroom.Its 3.5k thats where the problem has risen[anger]

Last edited by a moderator:

deville_56

Honoured Member
It's the Indonesean import set that is costing 3k+, the ones made by Rolon comes around 1.2k for full set, but unfortunately Yammy stopped sourcing them from Rolon. If you are lucky, you can find one with some Rolon dealer.

FZ kit (14/40) will fit directly, but will kill the performance of R15 (14/42).

Thread Starter #8
oh thanks mate.my friend fall in the category of people who bought their R!5's for just show offs.he just rides it in and around 70 [frustration][frustration]

Prices are revised now for the Chain. The new chain is from DID and costs about 1900. both front and rear sprockets would be about 600-700 rs. 3.5k would be the price with labor. changing R15 chain is tricky. you need to break it as there is no link. Furthermore the swingarm neds to come out. pretty laborious job.

on a lighter note, show off guys and show off their chain sprocket bill.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
agree with you.thats why planned to go for the fz's kit.chain has a link.so i could cut the chain and replace the new one easily [:)]

deville_56

Honoured Member
FZ stock kit don't have link and you gotta remove rear sets and swingarm. Some Rolon aftermarket sets said to come with link, but the ones I saw did not have links.

Thread Starter #12
oh god.then its gonna be dog.business :( rolon's quality has reduced now starting to hate it nowadays.lost my rep. for suggesting it

Top Bottom