For better brightness, installed avenger 180 coil (Part No: DV111005) in my pulsar 150 dtsi ug1 with self start. I put one TVS 55w/60 H4 bulb with stock wiring and holder. within one month, the holder meleted. Mechanic told that it was due to heavy load and the bulb was chinese one rebranded as TVS. So I repaced thicker wires and H4 holder used in cars. Also gave the spare bulb of my Santro Xing (Halonix). Was working fine for 3 moths. Then suddenly, the low beam stopped working, then high beam also stopped working. The Mechanic told it was problem with the wiring and he replaced the wires.The same bulb was used. But within a week, the problem resurfaced, the low beam stopped working and high beam was flickering.Last saturday, when i started it to take to the mechanic, there was burning smell and smoke started coming out from near the battery. I belive something shorted. So Disconnected the battery and later, smoke subsided. but burnt smell is still there. Mechanic tells that rats might be the culprit. There were similar instances before in the flat where I live. He asked me to take it to Bajaj ASS
and get it checked and replace wiring Harness completely.Had a very bad experience with Popular Bajaj,Kakkanad. So am a bit hesitant to give it to them. Any other options in Cochin ? What else could be done ?
One thing I noticed after disconnecting the battery is that High Beam and Low Beam are working perfectly. Self start, Indicators and Horn are not working, but I am able to ride the bike. The horn is an aftermarket one(pair for Roots Windtone) connected to battery.