Honda Dream Neo Launched at Rs. 43,150

Thread Starter #1
The Honda Dream Neo, the most affordable two wheeler in India to carry the winged logo, is here.

The 110cc commuter bike follows the path of the Dream Yuga and carries forward the design almost unaltered. With the Dream series of bikes, Honda is aiming to achieve 150% growth in the commuter segment.

Honda says that the Dream Neo is the most affordable and the most fuel efficient two wheeler to be launched by the company ever. With the implementation of the Honda Eco Technology (HET), the bike delivers a claimed mileage of 74 kmpl. The HET combines improved piston and combustion chamber designs with increase in compression ratio to improve the fuel economy.

The bike is powered by a 109cc 4-stroke air-cooled engine which develops 8.25 bhp @ 7,500 rpm and a best-in-class torque of 8.63 Nm at a low 5,500 rpm. The gear box is a 4 speed unit with ‘all back’ shift pattern.

The bike measures 2,009mm in length, 737mm in width, 1,074 in height with wheelbase and ground clearance of 1,258mm and 179mm respectively. The fuel tank capacity stands at 8 litre and the bike weighs 105kg.

Front telescopic forks and rear springs with 5 step adjustment suspends the motorcycle. A long seat and an upright riding posture is aimed at achieving stress free commuting. Maintenance free batteries, six spoke alloy wheels with tubeless tires (front and rear – 80/100×18) are other noteworthy features.

The bike retains the looks of the Dream Yuga which in turn looks like the Shine 125cc motorcycle. The tail lamp shape has been mildly altered. The fuel tank and side panels sport dual tone graphics and the twin pot instrument console has speedometer and fuel gauge along with the usual telltale lights.

The overall theme is black including the sleek silencer’s guard plate. The bike comes with six dual tone color options – Black with Red stripes, Black with Violet stripes, Force Silver Metallic, Monsoon Grey Metallic, Midnight Blue Metallic and Alpha Red Metallic.

Prices of the Honda Dream Neo

Kick starter/drum brakes/spoke wheels with tuff-up tube – Rs. 43,150
Kick starter/drum brakes/alloy wheels with tubeless tires – Rs. 44,150
Self starter/drum brakes/alloy wheels with tubeless tires – Rs. 47,740

The Honda Dream Neo’s starting price is roughly Rs.2,000 cheaper than that of the Honda Dream Yuga. Interestingly, Dream Neo is just Rs. 200 costlier than the segment kingpin, the Hero Splendor!

Read more: Report - Honda Dream Neo launched at Rs. 43,150

Attachments

Honda launches Dream Neo

Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India has taken the wraps off its latest commuter motorcycle called the Dream Neo. This new model will slot in under the Dream Yuga in Honda’s burgeoning commuter bike line-up that also includes the upmarket CB Twister.

In line with the conservative tastes of most commuter buyers, Honda has played it safe with styling with a simple bikini fairing to shroud the smart angular headlamp. Instrumentation is neat with a speedometer and a large fuel level readout presented in an easy-to-read layout. Riders will like the comfy palm grips and switchgear that is shared with other Honda bikes. The designers have tried to differentiate the Dream Neo from its competition with funky graphics for the fuel tank and side panels. Sadly, the 8-litre fuel tank makes do with a hinge-less filler cap. As has become the norm, much of the Neo’s cycle parts come finished in black and the effect is quite good. Styling at the tail is nothing out of the ordinary either though the tubular grab rail looks really outdated.

The Dream Neo uses a carburettor-fed, four stroke, single-cylinder, 109cc engine that is equipped with the Japanese marquee's latest Honda Eco Technology (HET). This technology incorporates improved combustion, a cleaner spark thanks to a Nickel-plated spark plug and optimised inlet ports. HET also uses lower tension piston rings, improved oil seals and lighter engine components to reduce friction. This technology is targeted at improving fuel efficiency.

Peak power is 8.25bhp at 7500rpm while torque is at 0.85kgm at 5500rpm. This engine comes allied to a four-speed gearbox with shifts in an all-up pattern.

The Dream Neo deploys a single downtube, tubular frame that uses the engine as a stressed member. Suspension is a combination of telescopic forks up front and rear springs that are allied to a sturdy rectangular section swingarm. Drum brakes and 80/100 x 18 inch tyres are the norm both front and rear. Interestingly, the base variant (kick, spoke) comes with MRF tuff-up tubes while the middle (kick, alloy) and top-spec versions (electric start, alloy) come with MRF tubeless tyres.

Prices for the Dream Neo range from Rs 43,150 (ex-showroom, Delhi) to Rs 47,240 which puts it at par with the Splendor Pro and Passion X Pro from Hero Motocorp, Suzuki Hayate, TVS Star City 110 and Mahindra Pantero. Given the competitive pricing, promise of good fuel economy and Honda’s strong brand equity in India, the Dream Neo has the potential to becomes one of the top sellers in the massive volumes, budget end of the motorcycle segment.

Honda launches Dream Neo | News | Autocar India

Attachments

The questian i would like to ask is what is the difference with the so called Dream yuga? I didnt find anything other than graphix and around 3K rupees less.

Thread Starter #4
The questian i would like to ask is what is the difference with the so called Dream yuga? I didnt find anything other than graphix and around 3K rupees less.
Their is absolutely no difference except that this model is a cut price one compared to Yuga, they want to attack Splendor with this model it wont be easy though.

Splendour has been a segment king for such a long time. I doubt if this could replace it. Having used TVS, Bajaj, Hero Honda & finally Yamaha bikes, still if given a choice to me to buy a entry level bike I would blindly buy a splendour, just like the aam admi :D

Thread Starter #6
Splendour has been a segment king for such a long time. I doubt if this could replace it.
Agree with you, but it will be really interesting to see how this model would perform,weather it will eat splendors pie or eat away Discover or TVS star's market,only time will tell.

But the intent from Honda is very clear, that is to become the market leader in our country.

350Z

Core Team
Honda has now introduced Dream Neo in white with red stripes. Price is unaffected. i.e. Rs.42,237 (Ex.showroom, Delhi).

Dream Neo- Amazing White.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom