Best Two Wheeler Tyres

Thread Starter #1
My two wheeler's rear tyre got punctured today. i pushed the vehicle for some km (with lot of difficulty), since there was a huge friction between the road and tyre. The puncture wala said me that the tyre needs to be replaced, and provided me a Stephenie tyre for 500 bucks. For which, i said will make a decision whether to buy a new tyre or fix the puncture.

The tyre was punctured, and the tyre has cut. Don't know how it got cut.
I need replace THE tyres, tell me which brand is good. The one that i have came for 25k. Should i replace both front and rear tyres? Also, someone said CEAT tyres are good, so tell me which tyres i should opt.

AMG

Suspended
There is no such thing as best.
You cant take slicks onto a dirt track nor can you take knobbed tyres to a track.

Tell your usage, your steed, your roads, etc etc.

The starting post is just too vague.

Thread Starter #5
Okay, I need to replace the tyre. My questions are:
1) Can't the same tyre be fixed/repaired?
2) Tell me which according to you is a good tyre brand.
3) Should i replace both Front and Rear tyres? (The thread of the tyres has started diminishing).

I feel TVS tyres are good.

TVS tyres having very good grip. Mine is 2005 Model Glamour and 70K on ODO.

I got my bike with TVS tyres on front and rear.I've changed the rear tyre for three times. 1st time with CEAT, 2nd time with MRF and now I'm using TVS Jumbo. I feel TVS having excellent grip among this three.

Still I'm having stock TVS tyres in Front and It is running in good condition.

Thread Starter #9
I feel TVS tyres are good.

TVS tyres having very good grip. Mine is 2005 Model Glamour and 70K on ODO.

I got my bike with TVS tyres on front and rear.I've changed the rear tyre for three times. 1st time with CEAT, 2nd time with MRF and now I'm using TVS Jumbo. I feel TVS having excellent grip among this three.

Still I'm having stock TVS tyres in Front and It is running in good condition.
When was the last time you changed rear tyres? How many km has it been? Which make and price?

You got 25 K Km tire mileage for Activa? I'm sure that your tire threads came out now. may be due to your less usage, tire last this much. usually, it'll end up within 15-20 k Km max in rear. My Dio rear stock tire grip vanished in just 12k km(replaced then) and the front tire after 15k km still looks like new.

Activa comes with MRF Nylogrip zapper tires and it is the best. it'll cost around Rs.1100 now(100/90-10 | 3.25 *10) New TVS tires also not bad.As per my experience on two wheeler tires, MRF is the best, long lasting, Super grip, strong side walls and Keeps air for long term.
My answers for your question
1. Tire retreading available for 2 wheeler tires also now. But I'll not suggest the same, especially your tire has a cut on that. There is no guarantee on the retreaded 2nd tires, which will reduce ride comfort and may be it will damage your shocks also. Go for this, if your bike is very old and not going above 50 km/hr. Please don't use retreaded tire on front wheel, in any case.
2. As per My experience, its MRF Nylogrip zapper (100/90-10 | 3.25 *10) is best for scooter.
3. If your front tire is also in its end stage, better replace both now. So that you don't have to worry about it and need not spend time later.

Please check for the MRF exclusive show room or check the MRF tires in other tire shops. It is difficult to get in remote places due to high demand.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Could you please confirm which two wheeler/ bike you are using.? then we can suggest a tire for you.
As per my experience on two wheeler tires, MRF is the best, long lasting, Super grip, strong side walls and Keeps air for long term.
My answers for your question
1. Tire retreading available for 2 wheeler tires also now. But I'll not suggest the same, especially your tire has a cut on that. There is no guarantee on the retreaded 2nd tires, which will reduce ride comfort and may be it will damage your shocks also. Go for this, if your bike is very old and not going above 50 km/hr. Please dont use retreded tire on front wheel, in any case.
2. Tell me your bike brand and your usage patterns and your road conditions, we can suggest some good tires.
3. If your front tire is also in its end stage, better replace both now. So that you don't have to worry about it and need not spend time later.
I'm using Honda Activa, i use 5000km per year at max/normally in City. Price should be economical, more than that tyre should be good.

MRF was my first ask, the puncture shop said that he'll give Dunlop or Ceat.

Go for MRF eyes closed, i got the TVS tire replaced within 2 months of buying my apache RTR, cause i had to replace the tube every second day due to punctures. I have replaced it MRF Zapper Q and since then didn't saw any tire trouble. My RTR is 2007 model.

Mreccentric,

I had edited my comments , please look on that. Please do not buy tires/tubes from local tire puncture shop/puncture walas. If we buy that, We had to suffer later. hey will keep low quality tires/tubes always. because,
1. agents of Local small brands or 2nd tires usually catch these shops and give tires/tubes on credit basis or high margin, which they cant get on branded tire and they cant afford the same to stock.
2. usually, they collect and keep the used tires & tubes which owners not take back after tire change. The used tire, either they give for retread ( cost is just rs.150/200) and sell it thru their shop as second tire at a rate of 500-600 Rs. or they sell the used tires to the agents who come and collect that bulk. The used tubes they give on through away price, while we are not ready to buy a new tube after getting a puncture.

+1000 for Viveks words

Go for MRF eyes closed. My gladiator stock tires where Dunlop while i buy it on 2007 and 2 times i got puncture and stranded on road at night within the 2 weeks. Both tires & tubes where bad and got it replaced through yamaha showroom. I selected TVS tires that time, due to non availability,but that also i got 2/3 punctures due to bad tube and i had to check air every weeks. later i bought MRF Zapper FS on front and Zapper Q at rear side. i didnt check air for the next one year and more. After that all my bike/scooter tires are MRF and never got a problem till now.

My 2010 Suzuki GS 150 R came with MRF tires and completed 46600km till today.I never faced any puncture or issues on that bike. I just changed front tire this wednesday and still using the stock tire in rear, I think which may be easily last 50K kms.

Last edited:

Top Bottom