Yamaha R15 V1.0 Rear Wheel Alignment

Thread Starter #1
Hello yamaha R15 V1.0 owners,

I have a small doubt regarding rear wheel alignment of R15 V1.0. As you guys know the rear wheel of R15 V1.0 can be aligned by adjusting the slots of two plate like metal pieces provided on both sides of the rear wheel axle. My doubt is whether the position of slots for both these plates should be same for correct alignment of the rear wheel? Because, whenever i give my bike for servicing mechanics in the service center change the slot position to adjust the chain slackness and i always see that the slot positions on both sides of the rear axle does not match after the chain adjustment. As a result i always do a DIY to make the slot positions same on both sides of the rear axle. Just 10 days back i have replaced the chain and both the sprockets and again i can see that there is a mismatch in slot position. Shall i correct the slot positions? i am really confused. Please offer your comments.

Before doing this DIY, rotate the wheel if you find that the wheel has some wobble then only try to adjust the wheels. I think you should get this done from a mech. in your presence and ask the doubts you have.

@DJD,

Both of them are supposed to be in the same slot. That thing is to adjust the chain tightness. Different position may lead to uneven wear and tear, Chain slipping and also wobbling.

Hello yamaha R15 V1.0 owners,

I have a small doubt regarding rear wheel alignment of R15 V1.0. As you guys know the rear wheel of R15 V1.0 can be aligned by adjusting the slots of two plate like metal pieces provided on both sides of the rear wheel axle. My doubt is whether the position of slots for both these plates should be same for correct alignment of the rear wheel? Because, whenever i give my bike for servicing mechanics in the service center change the slot position to adjust the chain slackness and i always see that the slot positions on both sides of the rear axle does not match after the chain adjustment. As a result i always do a DIY to make the slot positions same on both sides of the rear axle. Just 10 days back i have replaced the chain and both the sprockets and again i can see that there is a mismatch in slot position. Shall i correct the slot positions? i am really confused. Please offer your comments.

In any bike, Be it R15, RTR , pulsar etc, both the slots are to be in exactly the same position. If they are not, place them urself.
uneven alignment will result in uneven tyre wear, extra load on swingarma and suspension, and chain/sprocket wear.

Thread Starter #5
thank you all for prompt response. So i am going ahead with my DIY to correct the alignment. thanks again for clearing my doubt :)

Top Bottom