Bajaj To Launch Two 125+ CC Bikes

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
A Bajaj official has said the company will introduce two motorcycles in India which will have engine capacities of over 125cc by the end of this fiscal. Apart from this addition, Bajaj is also looking at revamping one product in its existing portfolio.

Sources say this new motorcycle is codenamed Sprint with engine capacity of around 135cc. The report also says Bajaj will revamp the Pulsar and Discover line-up this year. I’m not sure what they would change, but the DTSi 2.0 series of engines could be installed on the bikes.

Another report in the media says Bajaj is planning new variants and models in the 100 cc category once Discover sales touch 80,000. Last month, Bajaj was able to sell 65,000 and the 80,000 mark is spitting distance away taking into account the purchasing mood of people in the festive season that has begun to gather steam.

Source: IAB

A la Maruti!! Have lot of options with very minor differences in a segment. Not too sure if these make up options for a customer.

why am i not surprised??
+1 vroom- all indian makers want to beat the international competition hence the many models in one segment

oh no not again from bajaj, when would they start making better quality on their existing bikes and then come out with newer models with same engines running around with some changed looks, if its new dts-si 2.0 then would be good to see on upcoming pulsar family.

Well said Vijay!

Bajaj should really concentrate on Quality products rather than show biz!

oh no not again from bajaj, when would they start making better quality on their existing bikes and then come out with newer models with same engines running around with some changed looks, if its new dts-si 2.0 then would be good to see on upcoming pulsar family.
Same here. I think we can start a game that contains name of all Bajaj models till date.

Same here. I think we can start a game that contains name of all Bajaj models till date.
yeah surely we can, they have given new models every year with same engines with different names and body styles, i dont think why didnt they once felt of improving their quality and service, as what yamaha did, bang on market.

yeah surely we can, they have given new models every year with same engines with different names and body styles, i dont think why didnt they once felt of improving their quality and service, as what yamaha did, bang on market.
I so totally agree about Yamaha. Somewhere, after the 2-strokes going out and 4-strokes coming in, they had lost their way.
But how they have come back now, man!! Reinvented themselves.

Cheers,
Vroom

I so totally agree about Yamaha. Somewhere, after the 2-strokes going out and 4-strokes coming in, they had lost their way.
But how they have come back now, man!! Reinvented themselves.

Cheers,
Vroom
absolutely, the same case is with bajaj, just to be in market they keep adding new models with same engine specs round the year after year, instead they could have done some hard way and come out with superb products which can take away market from others.Bajaj doesnt seems thinking so.[frustration]

Bajaj people need to learn something from r15 & r125's styling. Being just 125 & 150 cc these bike look awesome & give some mind blowing performance as well.Now we don't expect performance from bajaj bikes below 150cc but please at least the styling should be something different.I am already fed up of seeing pulsars everywhere & here comes something resembling & irritating.[frustration]

guys, doesnt that headlight design look awkward as though somebody has banged it from the top?
Bajaj people need to learn something from r15 & r125's styling. Being just 125 & 150 cc these bike look awesome & give some mind blowing performance as well.Now we don't expect performance from bajaj bikes below 150cc but please at least the styling should be something different.I am already fed up of seeing pulsars everywhere & here comes something resembling & irritating.[frustration]
absolutely guys, bajaj seems to have lost somewhere in between their new launches,keep coming out with these products.I seriously feel this is why hero honda still wins for 100cc bikes as they dont come up with new models every now and then.Also they try to keep up the quality as well.

R15 is the Best bike in the 150segment .Bajaj definately needs to learn how to squeeze every ounce of performance from a bike.A R15 can easily take down a Pulsar 220 as well as the Karizma,can't imagine what the R15 can do with a 200 or 250cc engine[:D]

Hey Renegade!!

You too a Fan of R15, Wow !!

Its an mean machine dude :)

It can just keep all the bikes down the lane & beat every indian bike except 220.

But now its even possible with the latest Performance Upgrades from YAMAHA :)

Top Bottom