Want Help In Selecting New Two Wheeler

Which is most reliable and durable among these?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
:help: :please:
I am about to buy my first two-wheeler and i want to choose between 2 two-wheelers, TVS Wego and new Honda Dio.
The purpose of buying it is that i want to use it for at least 20-30 km/day.
Also, I want a durable vehicle , i.e. , it should work good for AT LEAST 5-6 years as my dad won't buy me a new one till then.

Other suggestions are also welcome, if any.

Thanks in advance. [:)]

Last edited:
:help: :please:
I am about to buy my first two-wheeler and i want to choose between 2 two-wheelers, TVS Wego and new Honda Dio.
The purpose of buying it is that i want to use it for at least 20-30 km/day.
Also, I want a durable vehicle , i.e. , it should work good for AT LEAST 5-6 years as my dad won't buy me a new one till then.

Other suggestions are also welcome, if any.

Thanks in advance.
There are Wego reviews on TAI. One of them is as follows.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s/2546-unisex-new-mantra-bought-tvs-wego.html

Have you checked them out at showrooms? Always take a test ride, before finalizing, as different rides give you different levels of comfort.

Why dont you go for a MC rather than a Scooter if you happen to use it for 30kms a day?

Honda Unicorn CB is my favourites. I'm a proud owner of one since its launch. Absolutely love riding it. [thumbsup]

between Wego and Dio, i would blindly choose Wego as it comes with a modern suspension setup, arguably better ASS services(may vary from region-region). Wego is surely a well priced, well built gearless scooter.
Go ahead and take a test drive, i am sure it won't disappoint you.

Thread Starter #4
Well, thanks for the reply.[:D] I would like to tell you that I'm a girl, so i won't ride a MC and 30 km/day is the max. and min. is 10-12 km/day, so its not a big deal. I do personally like TVS wego but it's just that the new honda dio has great looks that flatter me a lot. [:)]

Thread Starter #5
between Wego and Dio, i would blindly choose Wego as it comes with a modern suspension setup, arguably better ASS services(may vary from region-region). Wego is surely a well priced, well built gearless scooter.
Go ahead and take a test drive, i am sure it won't disappoint you.
I just want to know if Wego is durable or not?[confused]

I just want to know if Wego is durable or not?[confused]
We have couple of members who own a Wego, and they do swear by it's reliability, Wego is a well built machine and over the years it has proved that it is as durable a machine as it's competitors. the ride quality is just too good to ignore, just take a TD of both the machines back-back and then take a call.

Thread Starter #7
We have couple of members who own a Wego, and they do swear by it's reliability, Wego is a well built machine and over the years it has proved that it is as durable a machine as it's competitors. the ride quality is just too good to ignore, just take a TD of both the machines back-back and then take a call.
Thanks a lot. I've decided to go for wego finally. [thumbswink]

AnantG

Suspended
My vote goes to Honda Dio. The designing of the latest version of Honda Dio is the one area that has gone through the most rigorous overhauling processes. Honda Dio is symbolic of the lively youth. Its dynamic multi-toned physique, coupled with the sharp endings of every feature clearly states that it is meant for youngsters.

Hmm,

I blindly suggest Wego for its great suspension and the reliability after 2 years(my friends Wego). Spares and service is just cheap from TVS and the TVS response is also good.

So it is the best 2 wheeler(scooter) from the available lot

hi all,

We have decided to buy a gear less scooter for my daughter and after go through the specifications and review has decided to have a look to the available models in our town. The experiences shared as below :-

Honda - Visited to showroom for a test drive of Activa and I was surprise with the behaviour and attitude of the shworoom manager and staffs. May be they are more casual due to the predetermined customers who really want to buy only honda. If the attitude of the dealerships is so much casual then god knows what service they will tender once I buy the vehicle from them. Is this attitude prevails in all Honda dealers ?? [frustration] Hence decided not to go with Honda Product.[anger]

Hero Motocorp - Daughter was interested for "pleasure" hence decided for a look of this scooter, When I along with my daughter reached the showroom though there were staffs available but no one bothered for us and all were busy for nothing and roaming here and there. Though there were two three customers are moving around and a bike was under delivery. hence decided to have a look on our own. Saw two pleasure one black and another one red along with plenty of dust. Has inquired about the TD but immediately there were refusal for the same with a casual approach "Now a days No body wants a test drive, pleasure sales on its own ". After meeting with the dealership manager he has arranged a TD with the scooter which was standing in the dealership. The Look of pleasure is good but TD is not really satisfactory. The feeling is riding a old horse though the handling is not so bad but the pleasure was not there. After going through the specifications have found that the brakes are of old pattern brake shoe, No telescopic shock observer etc. etc. The verdict from my daughter riding is not as good as Honda Activa .

TVS Suzuki - Reached at the show room, wow what a reception. The reception is alike when I went for a TD of my city along with wify and daughter. Its really impressive that despite of several customers they have treated us warmly and has offered a glass of chilled water in the scorching heat of UP. As 4 SR were busy to deal the customers the sales manager approached and asked our requirements. The scooter has WEGO a good stylish look along with a outside fuel filling facility which is really a positive for this type of scooters. Telescopic shocker, 12" Tyre looks impressive. My daughter opted for the test drive and was satisfied with the balancing as well as ground reach of the scooter. As the engine is in the middle of the chassis hence they are claiming this is the best in its class for balance there fore the driving is more easy in compare to others. I too found the pickup is good enough as well as its sailing very smoothly and braking is really fantastic. The show room price quoted 52K.

Yamaha - As the show room was closed due to Sunday hence not able to TD the vehicle RAY.

Now i like to have the experts opinion before decide the scooter.

WEGO VS RAY

TVS OR YAMAHA.....

which will be the best suited for us as this scooter will be mainly drive by my daughter and obviously I will take for a ride on the week end for **** and bits.[clap]

Wego has been rated high by a couple of our fellow members.

Regarding Ray, i havent seen much of them on road, nor have heard people talking about it as a good prospect.

Did you look out for Vespa? Its a great package as well.

Honda, its a win win situation for them, as waiting is on for almost all models which could be seen on road. Hence, the dont care attitude is no surprise. Apart from Activa, Dio is also a good package.

I would say, Vespa --- Dio / Activa = Suzuki Acess = Wego --- Yamaha Ray = Pleasure

hi all,

We have decided to buy a gear less scooter for my daughter and after go through the specifications and review has decided to have a look to the available models in our town. The experiences shared as below :-

Honda - Visited to showroom for a test drive of Activa and I was surprise with the behaviour and attitude of the shworoom manager and staffs. May be they are more casual due to the predetermined customers who really want to buy only honda. If the attitude of the dealerships is so much casual then god knows what service they will tender once I buy the vehicle from them. Is this attitude prevails in all Honda dealers ?? [frustration] Hence decided not to go with Honda Product.[anger]

Hero Motocorp - Daughter was interested for "pleasure" hence decided for a look of this scooter, When I along with my daughter reached the showroom though there were staffs available but no one bothered for us and all were busy for nothing and roaming here and there. Though there were two three customers are moving around and a bike was under delivery. hence decided to have a look on our own. Saw two pleasure one black and another one red along with plenty of dust. Has inquired about the TD but immediately there were refusal for the same with a casual approach "Now a days No body wants a test drive, pleasure sales on its own ". After meeting with the dealership manager he has arranged a TD with the scooter which was standing in the dealership. The Look of pleasure is good but TD is not really satisfactory. The feeling is riding a old horse though the handling is not so bad but the pleasure was not there. After going through the specifications have found that the brakes are of old pattern brake shoe, No telescopic shock observer etc. etc. The verdict from my daughter riding is not as good as Honda Activa .

TVS Suzuki - Reached at the show room, wow what a reception. The reception is alike when I went for a TD of my city along with wify and daughter. Its really impressive that despite of several customers they have treated us warmly and has offered a glass of chilled water in the scorching heat of UP. As 4 SR were busy to deal the customers the sales manager approached and asked our requirements. The scooter has WEGO a good stylish look along with a outside fuel filling facility which is really a positive for this type of scooters. Telescopic shocker, 12" Tyre looks impressive. My daughter opted for the test drive and was satisfied with the balancing as well as ground reach of the scooter. As the engine is in the middle of the chassis hence they are claiming this is the best in its class for balance there fore the driving is more easy in compare to others. I too found the pickup is good enough as well as its sailing very smoothly and braking is really fantastic. The show room price quoted 52K.

Yamaha - As the show room was closed due to Sunday hence not able to TD the vehicle RAY.

Now i like to have the experts opinion before decide the scooter.

WEGO VS RAY

TVS OR YAMAHA.....

which will be the best suited for us as this scooter will be mainly drive by my daughter and obviously I will take for a ride on the week end for **** and bits.[clap]
Its only TVS please make correction

Old Dio has a headlight which doesn't get rotated along with handle and this leads to lack of visibility of the part of the road towards which we are turning. Upcoming traffic also tend to misjudge about our intention to take the turn.
I don't know about the new Dio.

Top Bottom