Mumbai Police to now Patrol on Yamaha FZS!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yamaha is planning to launch a new variant of FZ but not for common people. This time Yamaha is preparing a model for our very own police force.

Although this plan is in its initial stages and nothing has been finalized, this exciting model is in the pipeline. The technical specs of the bike would remain the same but there would be some changes made to the bike considering the needs of the police force.

As can be seen in the image the bike would be equipped with red and blue beacons and might have some gadgets to fit the needs of the police.

Although the finished product might have been frozen in as soon as the planning phase is complete, Yamaha would be taking constant inputs from the police in case they find something not suitable.

Source: IAB

Attachments

wow so another states police department thought to put their men on super bikes.In gujarat they had launched special pulsars in white shade for police department.good move and good for yamaha but hope the department utilise this new power and handling in better way and show results of this amount spend by state government.

Good to hear!

But expecting to see these here in chennai.

We have only Pulsars & Fiero :-)

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
This is really a great news.
In delhi, you can spot the cops on white pulsars which look very cool.
Earlier we had Yellow Enfield Bullets.

350Z

I am disappointed. Why yamaha bikes ? Pulsars were great.
First of all there are hardly some cops who ride well.
And moreover to meet the bikes needs these people will just go challaning around.[frustration]

AMG

Suspended
I wonder why these bikes have been specially designed (read:made ugly) for the police.
In Punjab, the police uses stock Bajaj Pulsar 180 Black

Good for India to move in the right direction. Our COPS need that extra muscle bikes to chase people and this is a real good move. In other countries super cops drive lambo's & porsche's atleast in India they are starting with Yamaha.

Here in Kerala ,I see only Royal Enfield "decorated" Police Motorcycles. :)
@Topic: My Feeling is ,FZ-series Bikes are Expensive for the Money You Buy it For.Better a Modified Pulsar220 or RTR180.Pricewise and Maintance wise these Bikes are Not World Apart from Yamaha.
PS:I have nothing against Yamaha.Me ,A RD/RX fan ;)

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
even in KA, white pulsars are in use by the police currently. earlier it used to be the fiero's which were painted in cheetah colour texture.
OT: Are you talking about this?It looks really wierd!

Drive Safe!
350Z

Honestly, who is the world thought about painting the bike in those cheetah costume. Sounds extremely dumb and resource wasting.

Cheers,
Vroom

Arun

Suspended
As if the cops are going to chase anyone! We need good cop cars quite frankly! Our cops drive around in Boleros and the ever so faithful Gypsy!
We've got this strangely coloured (Blue Camouflage) Boleros patrolling the city or taking the cops shopping.[lol!]

The FZ is a good move. It'll be able to catch up but not take down the suspect!

Top Bottom