Help Me To Choose a Good Looking & Fuel Efficient Bike

Thread Starter #1
I can spend upto INR76000+ and if the bike gives mileage of around 45-50 kmpl then its good for me.
I also took test rides of CBZ Extreme and Dazzler today but Extreme was more comfortable.
Personally I like Hunk as it has good looks over Extreme and both have exactly same engines. So please tell me out of Hunk and Extreme as I would never go for pulsar as they have very bad engines.

What is your budget?
76000+
Your height & body build (lean/medium/heavy).
medium 5'6" (170 cms)
Looking for 100cc or 125cc or 150cc or >200cc?
150cc
How many KMs do you travel everyday?
20-30 kms (college student)
How do you intend to travel most of the times- Alone or with pillion?
alone
Looking for Naked/Semi faired or faired bikes? (Refer this post)
N/A
Do you have preference to a certain brand or interested in any specific bike?
Hunk and CBZ Extreme
What do you want most out of your bike? (Mileage/Power).
Both
Your place of stay and where you intend to buy it.
Ambala Cantt (near Chandigarh)
What bikes have you owned in the past?
No
How long do you intend to keep the bike?
6-7 years

You cannot go wrong with either motorcycles. Both are exactly the same in terms of engine and mechanicals and the only difference is in looks. No one can decide what would look good to you. You have to decide it for youself. Both motorcycles will give you SAME levels of power sn performance and both will last for and EQUAL period of time. So it all boils down to looks. If you like the Hunk more than the Xtreme, go for it by all means.

p.s.: Naughty thought : "I am riding a Hunk nowadays."

Re: Help me choose a bike which looks good and is fuel efficient too.

Extreme has better rear seat(rear split seat) compared to Hunk.

Re: Help me choose a bike which looks good and is fuel efficient too

Go as per your instinct. Hunk and Extreme both are same bike only look changes. Advantage on Extreme is split seat but since you are in college it may separate you from your fav pillion rider (if any one).
But I guess, you are wrongly informed by Pulsar engine, it may not be as smooth as HMSI engine but it's worth for 4-5 years of use. I personally had Pulsar 150 and it was a great bike with superb pickup and stability.
Just do some research about mileage of Extreme and Hunk, I heard it gives upto 45 while Pulsar for sure will give you 50+.

Why not about Yamaha FZ, I guess one with fat tyre and naked look.

Thread Starter #5
Even I like hunk more because of looks. How much mileage does it give on busy streets of city?

Yahma fz is good but being a college student i would always be cautious about mileage so yahma cant deliver me that. Also many of my friends have pulsar and they say that its engine make harsh sounds after a period of 2-3 years. Also it needs more maintenance. Plus pulsar is too commonly found on roads. For split seat it would be a discomfort for my pillon.

In any condition Hunk/Extreme will give more than 35 Km[:)].

In any condition Hunk/Extreme will give more than 35 Km[:)].
I am not sure how did you arrive at this verdict. I am using 223CC Karizma ZMR and getting mileage of 40+ from day and this is not only my case even my BIL's ZMR and that too in Bangalore traffic. I am not pretty sure about exact mileage of Hunk/Extreme but I guess it must have 40+ whether it's a carburator based of PGMFI.

i told about the lowest mileage may be you can get in the heavy traffic. both vehicles give an average between 45-50 KMPL. and a maximum of 55Km.

Thread Starter #11
Oh Got it. So overall is Hunk a good choice. Also I have been suggested Unicorn Dazzler by few of my friends as it from Honda and also shares unicorn's famous engine .

Dazzler was the only bike from HMSI stable in India, which was not clicked. The earliest batches of Dazzler has lot of issues. Not sure about the current one. One of my colleague has one, which was the one of the first model delivered in Kochi now completed 60K. Still running. He faced lot of issues at the first couple of months. None of the mechanics in the ASS knowledge about that bike and spares was not available at that time. Main issue was with the rear brake. Either brake jamming or brake not available and brake shoe worn out in less than 8k KM.

May be this model will be a hit after 4/5 years and lot of people will run to showroom at that time for this bike like old unicorn.[anger]

Last edited:
Sam already mentioned about Hunk in the previous post.+1 to that. Nothing different than Extreme technically. Still i love extreme, in both bikes and most people selecting extreme now. So as Sam said "So it all boils down to looks. If you like the Hunk more than the Extreme, go for it by all means. "

I would tell xtreme, it really outperforms Hunk in maneuvering and handling and gives a descent fuel efficiency too

xtreme has sleek looks than Hunk my personal view and very much reliable

Top Bottom