HH Splendor - Ownership (& Partial Restoration Begins)

Thread Starter #1
This thread starts with a sad note, My brother in law passed away & his bike was parked for almost a month. My sister gave me this bike, which indeed is helping me to manage the present situation.

After a short discussion with my father & my close friend, I decided to buy this bike (will make payment later). But as we all know, the restoration bug within me woke up a few days ago & started listing all the problems in the bike. Here it goes..
  1. Front Wheel Bearings worn out
  2. Front brakes Nill
  3. Rear wheel bearings worn 50% atleast
  4. dynamo not charging battery
  5. Vehicle lock in pathetic condition
  6. Front fork oil leak & bearings making noise
  7. Brake pedal return spring damaged
  8. Indicator buzzer not working (very weak)

Here is the bike
night shot.jpg

bike with dikki.jpg

Today's DIYs
It had the dikki box, very uncomfortable & risky for rear passenger so removed it.

seat removed celeaning.jpg
Got the handle lock cum ingition switch replaced with MINDA - 330Rs. Full kit costs around 530/- (I was just worried about the one lock)
new minda lock.jpg

Checked the fuse, its alright
fuse in good cond.jpg

Removed battery, topped it up with distilled water & check the voltage. Its in good condition.

bat water fill.jpg

bat volt check.jpg

Used a piece of yoga mat for damping the battery rattles

bat damp.jpg

Yesterday itself I got these works done at the garage
front wheel bearings (2Nos) changed
Wheel bearing cost: Rs.100/- each x 2Nos - SKF Brand
Front brake shoe: Rs.90/- - ASK COMPANY (never ever buy this, I should have been carefull)
Tightening of wheel bolts, chain, fork nut, rear brakes & test ride by mechanic.

Good going. How many kilometres has it done? What about the condition of the engine, clutch, and gearbox? Also check for any signs of rust, especially on the underside weld joints and around the battery compartment.

Thread Starter #3
As on Odometer, it has completed 35000kms, but the speedo & odo both are not working right now. Engine seems to be good (I mean pulling power) & gear shifts are as usual (neither too smooth nor rock hard). Front mudguard is cracked & some gluing is required.

The battery holding metal clamp was rusted, apart from this I dint notice any other rust.

Top Bottom