Students Develop Reverse Gearbox For Motorcycle

Thread Starter #1
Now you can reverse your motorcycle too. A group of four students at Terii Engineering College in Kurukshetra, Uttar Pradesh have developed a reverse gearbox for motor cycles. The students have designed the gearbox as part of their college project.

The gearbox can be fitted to three or four wheeled motorcycles which disabled or aged persons use. Such people can reverse the motorcycle by operating a hand operated liver placed beside the engine.

25-reverse-gearbox.jpg

The gearbox is also positioned beside the engine of the vehicle inside the side panel. The developers of the gearbox say that it will be less priced in a range of Rs 4,500 - 5,500.
They also say that it will easily be available in the market. The brilliant technology is expected to benefit disabled and old persons in a great way.

Source : Drivespark.com

Yeah,it is very good. It will be really grateful for the needy, but I wonder why company are not giving this as option for disabled people.

^^^Even though Honda Goldwing had a reverse gear, do you see the technology being used elsewhere or the company providing it in other motorcycles? According to wikipedia people might have trouble backing up the bike with the reverse gear.

If you are not providing such a technology then at least appreciate the efforts of the students to design something like that (now whether they know the working of the Honda Goldwing can only be speculated). Comments such as your's only demotivate students rather than motivating them to do better things. If you cannot appreciate such efforts do not discourage students for what they did!

Thread Starter #6
Even I felt bad after reading the specific comment. Sorry to say this.

as EnfieldRyder mentioned please do not discourage people.

AMG

Suspended
Well, they may have developed a cheap version of it, but then calling it an "innovation" or "discovery" is wrong.

Heck three wheelers have reverse gear.

I havent gone indepth but I find it innovative for less Rs.6000.
I dont know what that thing called Goldwing is bu to say the least it is useless for most of us Indians.It requires some skill and innovation for a technology to reach common man else most of the car and electronic technology have been discovered and used in world war 2 which means what ever we are calling as a new technology and carrying in our pocket is nothing bu old wine in new compact bottles.lol!

Top Bottom