Honda CB Trigger 150CC Launches in India

Thread Starter #1
Honda has revealed a downsized version of the CB1000R streetbike, the CB150R at the Jakarta Motorcycle Show, Indonesia, a motorcycle developed for developing Asian markets, almost certain to find its way to India in months to come.

The CB150R shares design cues with the larger CB1000R, sans a fairing, as prominently visible in its headlight and turn signal indicators. It’s a sporty looking, naked motorcycle with racy decals, and an exposed steel frame, which at first glance looks like it could have been better finished. Alloy wheels are standard.

The CB150R shares its engine with the CBR150R, already available in India. The CB150R uses the same 149.4cc, four-stroke, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine as found on the mini Fireblade, and is named the Streetfire in that market. Honda has provided the CB150R with a kickstarter in addition to its button starter.

Telescopic fork front suspension is standard, while a single monoshock does duty at rear. Disk brakes are deployed front and rear.

The CB150R is a motorcycle that makes sense for India, and will give Honda another model to take on able 150cc Indian rivals like Yamaha’s FZ-S and the Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i. Honda has confirmed the CB150R will not be launched in this calendar year, but do expect to see this bike on our roads within 2013.

Honda CB150R revealed | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Re: Honda CB150R revealed

Looks like an old model unicorn modified.If Honda not priced it above 1lakh, it will be a hit in India

Re: Honda CB150R Revealed

Visran, You mean it replace the unicorn Dazzler? How is the sales of this bike? is it anybody buying it now?

Re: Honda CB150R Revealed

Somehow it looks very confused to me with lot of fibre work on the sides and graphics are really confusing. If people like it being Honda bike, then it will become a tough competitor for Pulsar, but again Pulsar win with its price [:)]

Scoop: Honda CB150R coming this February

Autocar India reports that Honda is going to launch the naked version of CBR150R in India this February dubbed as Honda CB150R.Great move by Honda,I really love street naked bikes.[clap][clap]

Even though I don't plan to trade off my Unicorn with this one,but I would anyday love to own this bike.C'mon Honda please launch CB250R ASAP,naked styling with extra BHP,simply yummy.[:D]

Honda recently announced an Indian offensive, promising to launch new bikes and scooters every quarter of 2013. Staying true to their word, Honda recently introduced the Dio, Activa and Aviator scooters with revised engine technology. There’s now news the next Indian Honda is going to be the CB150R streetbike, set for launch in just a few days, in February 2013.

The CB150R was first seen at the Jakarta Motorcycle show late last year, and is purpose built to suit Asian markets. This is a naked version of the CBR150R currently sold in India, inspired by the impressive CB1000R superbike. The CB150R houses the same engine as used by the CBR150R, a four-stroke, 149.4cc, liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine that deploys a six-speed gearbox. Minor engine tweaks have been carried out to suit the new role, the CB150R generating 16.8bhp at 10000rpm, with peak torque being 1.33kgm at 8000rpm.

The CB150R uses a similar frame and front and rear suspension as the CBR150R, deploying a monoshock at rear. Ergonomics are altered and upright as expected on a streetbike, for better comfort.

The 150cc class is a hotly contested space in the Indian market, with every bike manufacturer putting their best foot forward in their attempt to gobble up more market share. The CB150R makes good sense for Honda to bring to India, and should prove an agile, refined and sporty motorcycle capable of urban commutes, with some measure of thrill offered on the open road.
Link:SCOOP! Honda CB150R coming this Feb | News | Autocar India

THE X-OVER

Thread Starter #7
Re: Honda CB150R Revealed - Launching This Feb 2013

Look's good in black, seems like they want to give a tough fight to Bajaj in the performance segment.

Thread Starter #8

Honda to launch CB150R on March 11

Honda recently announced an Indian offensive, promising to launch new bikes and scooters every quarter of 2013. Staying true to their word, Honda recently introduced the Dio, Activa and Aviator scooters with revised engine technology. We were the first ones to tell you that Honda is bringing the CB150R in India. There’s now news that it will hit our streets on March 11.

Honda to launch CB150R on March 11 | News | Autocar India

Thread Starter #9

HONDA LAUNCHES CB TRIGGER, A.K.A. CB150R, STREET FIGHTER MOTORCYCLE IN INDIA

Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India has just launched the naked version of the fully faired CBR150R sportsbike. Dubbed the CB Trigger, the Honda CB150R that’s been launched in India seems heavily detuned in favour of high fuel economy. Why, Honda even claims an outstanding 60 Kmpl fuel economy figure for the CB Trigger. Notably, Honda offers an optional ABS system on the Honda CB Trigger CB150R. This makes the CB Trigger the first 150cc motorcycle in India to feature anti-lock braking system, a safety feature that’s a veritable life saver. Bookings for the Honda CB Trigger will begin from April 2013, with deliveries slated to begin from May 2013.

Honda launches CB Trigger, a.k.a. CB150R, Street Fighter Motorcycle in India - Indian Cars Bikes

Thread Starter #10
Re: Honda CB150R Revealed - Now Launched As CB Trigger

Honda CB Trigger unveiled

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Ltd. (HMSI) has unveiled the CB Trigger, a naked streetbike and sequel to the Dazzler. The new CB Trigger takes some styling cues from the full size CB1000R, and is a naked 150cc streetbike, purpose built to thrill the Indian market. The CB Trigger will sell alongside Honda's popular 150cc Unicorn in the competitive 150cc market space.

The CB Trigger is a street focused motorcycle which bears resemblance to the Yamaha FZ series of 150cc bikes. The CB Trigger headlamp sits encased within a sharp bikini-fairing. The CB Trigger comes with a chunky, well sculpted fuel tank, with twin pseudo intakes set below. It provides an amber backlit digital instruments bay that includes a speedometer, odometer, and cascading tachometer. The CB Trigger's LCD display reads out fuel-level, and offers the convenience of a digital clock. Only minimal body panels and decals adorn the zesty looking new motorcycle.

The CB Trigger is a muscular, modern looking motorcycle, with 6-spoke alloy wheels. Much of the bike including its engine and frame are all finished in black. The new Honda provides a fully enclosed drive chain for optimal protection from harsh Indian riding conditions. There's also a maintenance free battery. The CB Trigger taillight is a smart looking, stepped unit.

The CB Trigger deploys a four-stroke, 149.1cc, single-cylinder and air-cooled engine similar to the unit used by the Unicorn, allied to a 5-speed gearbox that shifts in a 1-down and 4-up pattern, via a heel-and-toe shift lever. The carburetted CB Trigger makes maximum power of 14bhp at 8500rpm, while peak torque is 1.28kgm at 6500rpm. Peak power and torque are available relatively low in the power band, to help make the CB Trigger a practical 150 for use in congested Indian traffic conditions.

Honda CB Trigger unveiled | News | Autocar India

Attachments

Honda reveals CB Trigger prices

Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd unveiled its latest 150cc bike for India, the CB Trigger in March. Customers have since awaited pricing, which has just been announced, Rs 67,384 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new Honda will enter showrooms this May.

The CB Trigger houses a four-stroke, 149.1cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with 5-speed gearbox, shifted in a 1-down and 4-up pattern. The CB Trigger generates 14bhp maximum power at 8500rpm, while peak torque is 1.28kgm at 6500rpm.

The CB Trigger competes with premium 150cc bikes including the Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTS-i, Yamaha’s FZ-S and TVS’ Apache RTR 160.

Honda reveals CB Trigger prices | News | Autocar India

Well...I have Booked a GS 150 R. but I have a Big concern on Suzuki service. upon suggestions from Gurrala74 i came to know about its pathetic service. i have called my fren who had a GS (2009 model) said its Good as of now , no major issues so far.
Good mileage, performance.
how is CB Trigger. on road price and its performance
Shall i cancel my Booking for GS ??

@Dasari

No doubt that Suzuki GS150R is an excellent bike and I think its six speed one has excellent shocks too. My problem was with suzuki service guys who really do not know anything about their bikes(this is may be the bike I chosen was new for them,the slingshot), but after each service and even after changing service centers the bikes situation was more bad than before and got fed off with them.

I really do not know about the CB trigger situation at the moment, but who ever owned a Unicorn have complemented a lot about it especially on the suspension and reliability part.

So check both once again and take a final call

Top Bottom