Planning Long Distance Travel in Tata Nano

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to travel (January 2013) from Poona - Goa - Karwar - Hampi - Ranipet - Vijayawada - Vizag - Konark - Kharagpur - Kolkata - Nalanda - Varanasi - Allahabad - Rewa - Nagpur - Khamgaon - Aurangabad - Poona on a Tata Nano

Would like comments/suggestions from members who may have made parts of the route above on a Nano regarding matters to look out for - driving suggestions, performance, reliability/weak points, fuel consumption, and any others.

Would appreciate information on the stretches you have driven, distances, and typical driving times, also any bad experience with dirty fuel, unhelpful garages etc..

All comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanking you

Re: India Long Distance Travel

hi,
so here is your separate thread about your trip. will you please tell me why you chose tata nano for the trip?

my max distance is 450 km in a day and that is from Coimbatore to kanyakumari (my home town ). i didnt face any problems during the journey. i was in 70-100 kmph range and the average mileage was 28kmpl. (approx full tank of petrol).
only thing i felt with nano on long trips was the petrol pumps. the route which i chose didnt have any petrol station for almost 50 or 100 km. so i was little feared when the fuel indicator bars drops. and every friday evening i come back from kollam to my hometown and on sunday noon i get back there. so far no issues at all.

BTW are you planning the trip with family/friends/ alone?

You have planned a fairly long trip approx 5512 km ( as per google maps) and a lot of places have been covered central and south india.18 places in all.
Any particular reason for choosing TATA NANO. untitled.JPG

Experts will put in their comments.
The road from PUNE to GOA is very good, with good restaurants and fuel pumps.
All the very best for your TRIP.[:)]

Wow !! such long distance in Nano[surprise], my question is will it sustain such a long travel and at what speeds it will be covered and what about engine ??

^^^
He wont be traveling more that 500 km at a stretch so there shouldn't be any problem with engine what so ever.

the longest travel point could be between rewa and nagpur ( i hope i am not wrong0[:)]

Top Bottom