Mumbai - Rajasthan Route Suggestions!!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I have planned a trip to Rajasthan in next month. I have created a rough iternery plan. Could some one please help me in deciding whether what I have planned out will get executed without much problem!!

Here is the initial iternary. Dates are tentative and are going to change.

Untitled.jpg

8 days of holiday and you are visiting only 2 places? i feel its a waste. 4 days in jaisalmer is simply too much time there. add few other cities in your travel plan. i would suggest to include udaipur in your plan.

Well buddy i would say that you stay 2 days in Jaisalmer and see other places in remaining two days. How about this?

Mumbai - Mt.Abu - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Mumbai.

This way you can explore two other places as well and both of these cities are really nice to visit.

Thread Starter #4
8 days of holiday and you are visiting only 2 places? i feel its a waste. 4 days in jaisalmer is simply too much time there. add few other cities in your travel plan. i would suggest to include udaipur in your plan.
Sorry I think I made blunder in that iternary. On 16th Nov 2012, I would travelling from Jaisalmer to Ahmedabad and would be staying there for one day. So actual stay in Jaisalmer would be only 2 days. Out of that One day would be spent on sand dunes and desert.

Well buddy i would say that you stay 2 days in Jaisalmer and see other places in remaining two days. How about this?

Mumbai - Mt.Abu - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Mumbai.

This way you can explore two other places as well and both of these cities are really nice to visit.
Yes I know, But we are planning for trip with minimal travel and having more time at leisure, that's why it is planned so. Udaipur was on the original list, but then we opted out of it.

My main question here is, From Mumbai to Mt Abu distance is 726 KM. Are roads good enough, so that I can reach Mt Abu in one. I would be leaving Mumbai at 5 AM early in morning. [confused]

Here is the updated iternary:

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
dharmesh hope you are going in your own car, then the drive from mount abu to jaisalmer which is only 440kms cn be covered in say 5 hours. you will reach jisalmer in the afternoon 13th. you can go straight to sam or khurri for the night in tents in the desert, come back to jaisalmer on 14th morning. see jaisalmer on 14th. the next day 15th you can go lonavala, come back in the evening.

Thread Starter #6
dharmesh hope you are going in your own car, then the drive from mount abu to jaisalmer which is only 440kms cn be covered in say 5 hours. you will reach jisalmer in the afternoon 13th. you can go straight to sam or khurri for the night in tents in the desert, come back to jaisalmer on 14th morning. see jaisalmer on 14th. the next day 15th you can go lonavala, come back in the evening.
If the road is so good, then I can add one more place as well. May be Udaipur/Jodhpur. But can you answer the question I asked earlier

From Mumbai to Mt Abu distance is 726 KM. Are roads good enough, so that I can reach Mt Abu in one. I would be leaving Mumbai at 5 AM early in morning. [confused]

Thread Starter #8
dharmesh : add bikaner to your list.bikaner to jaisalmer has the best road.so make sure you do this one.
I would see if it is possible. Iternary would be finalized tomorrow depending on the availability of accommodations. [:D].

But original questions still remains unanswered

From Mumbai to Mt Abu distance is 726 KM. Are roads good enough, so that I can reach Mt Abu in one. I would be leaving Mumbai at 5 AM early in morning [confused]

The road from Mumbai to mount abu is very good. you can take express highway from vadodara to Ahmadabad from the road till mount abu is very good.

while returning from jaisalmer you can halt at Gandhinagar and visit the Akshardhan temple. its worth visiting it specially the water show in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
The road from Mumbai to mount abu is very good...you can take express highway from vadodara to Ahmadabad from the road till mount abu is very good.

have a look at the attached map.
while returning from Jaisalmer you can halt at Gandhinagar and visit the Akshardhan temple.......its worth visiting it specially the water show in the evening.
Thanks, you pretty much answered the question. There was no doubt about the roads in Gujarat. But my doubt was about roads after Gujarat. But as you said roads are good then I can reach Mt Abu in one day.

While returning back I am planning to stay one day in Ahmadabad, that time I will visit Akshardham as well.

Thanks a lot again.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks guys for all the help. Updated iternary is attached below in the image. Dates are not final dates. Actually we are planning one week later than this due to perosnal reasons.
Does this plan looks great to be executed?[clap]

The estimated cost for hotels is for 6 days. 1 night we would be staying in desert and our relative stays in Ahmedabad, so last night we will take shelter there. I have assumed Rs.3000 per day cost for hotel. Is that good price or will it be more expensive than this?

Capture.JPG

One other question from Mt Abu, should I go to Udaipur first and then jaisalmer or the current route is good to go? either way it would be same though. [:D]

Last edited:
I think it would be better if you take udaipur first..[:)]
Just see that you do all hotel reservations in adv as it will be diwali holidays

route 1.jpg
route 2.jpg
enjoy your trip

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Here is the final iternary and hotel bookings and estimated expenditure. I have not included the exotic shopping that we might do there. In Jaisalmer one night we are staying in tent in sand dunes. Very much excited for the tour. [clap]

tour.jpg

Top Bottom