Trip From Kolkata To Shirdi and Goa

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I and 3 of my friends planning a road trip from kolkata to shiridi and goa.
Its in planning stage.Our planned route is:- Kolkata,cuttack,raipur,nagpur,shiridi,goa,hyderabad,berhampur,bhubaneswar,kolkata.
Total-4633 km as shown in google maps. we have maximum 10 days in our hand. planning to leave kolkata on 19th october and returning on 28th october. also this will be my 1st such long trip.prior to this i have done trips of < 1000km.
Car will be swift VXI(old model). Odo showing 67000 km. but the car is in excellent condition.

Now i have some doubts.
1. Will the car be able make such a long run.
2. Is ABS really necessary for highways(asking bcoz if really necessary I will wait for my new car either swift zxi or jazz X ,booked both .whichever comes early [;)] )
3. Is the time good or should we plan this in winter.
4. what is the road condition in the above route. no problem in altering route for better roads.
5. destination can be changed also.suggestions most welcome for a 7days road trip from kolkata
6.any fellow traveller planning the same route around the same time?

guys,please advice.Your suggestions are most welcome.

350Z

Core Team
Is ABS really necessary for highways(asking bcoz if really necessary I will wait for my new car either swift zxi or jazz X ,booked both .whichever comes early)
This will be an exciting road trip. Do plan everything in advance and make sure to keep the essential items (This link might be of some help). The cars that do not have ABS also travel miles but it is definitely a useful safety feature. You must consider it if the second option is available.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Hi All,
Thanks for your replies.
but due timing issues,we need to change the copmlete route.
Now it will be:- Kolkata-Varanasi-Agra-Allahabad-Kolkata
Is the above route looks good?
I have heard that NH-2 is in a good condition.
I have checked up my swift. The mechanics told me its in excellent condition.Changed the coolant,engine oil,topped up the brake oil.I have changed the all four tyres and also new alloy wheels.nitrogen in all four wheels. Hope it will do good. Else my friend has a brand new i10 sportz. but swift will be more comfortable as i think.

Also please suggest a good free navigation software either for iphone or andoid. we have both.
Also all the suggestions and advice around this route is most welcome.
We plan two halts.1st halt in varanasi while going agra and 2nd while returning from agra at allahabad.
any good hotel suggestionsat both the places.
Also as we dont have a large boot,minimum must have items list will be most welcome.
We are planning to start on 23rd morning(next tuesday) and return by 28th evening(sunday).
Anyone travelling in this route around same time?

Please help us guys in planning the trip.
Your advice and suggestions are most welcome.

Last edited:
I am doing the route (upto Allahabad & maybe extend to Lucknow) on Nov 6.

Wish you all the best. Your drive will be the moonlight for my drive. Expecting yor TL very soon.

Top Bottom