Simlipal (Orissa) - Need Your Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
I am planning for a trip[drive] to Simlipal (Orissa) on 1st week of October for 3D/2N.

Can some one :please: help me regarding,

1. The best possible route and the condition of the road.
2. staying options & an estimated cost.
3. nearest places to visit.
4. precautions to be taken for the ladies & kids.

Any other suggestions are also welcome....

Thanks.

HI
I had been to Panchalingeshwar & devkund this year & have published a trip report which you may read. Please bear in mind Devkund, which is inside Simlipal Reserve has horrible roads. I somehow managed to scrape thorugh in my Jazz. regarding acco you could check OTDC website.

Thread Starter #3
HI
I had been to Panchalingeshwar & devkund this year & have published a trip report which you may read. Please bear in mind Devkund, which is inside Simlipal Reserve has horrible roads. I somehow managed to scrape thorugh in my Jazz. regarding acco you could check OTDC website.
Thankx Jazzy. I have read your trip report. It's really good and informative. I planned to stay at guesthouse at Lulung, Simlipal. But presently they are closed for the tourist for night stay.[frustration]

Ok. One more thingis that the Border between Bengal & Orissa is a v shady place. The trucks are lined up for 2-3kms & you have to negotiate them & proceed. In fact I had to cross over to the wrong side of the highway to cross eventually. Because of my low GC I asked my passengers to deboard, as it was filled with craters & mud. Be careful...

Top Bottom