Trip To India By a Pakistani – Suggest Tourist Attractions

Thread Starter #1
India and Pakistan has agreed to issue tourism visas for their citizens so that they may visit the neighbouring country. I have already visited India twice during 2004 & 2005. Now i wish to visit India alongwith my family. All the readers are requested to suggest which places i should visit. Time at my disposal will be 7 days . Expected time is around January 2013.

Since personal vehicles are not allowed hence suggest the places keeping in mind that we will have to travel on public transport. One thing more, we may not be able to travel too far . My preferred places to visit will be Delhi, Rajistan, Punjab and Shimla.

Here in Pakistan, i may extensively travelled hence i will be pleased to provide all sort of assistance from information to every thing else if anybody wish to visit Lhaore, Karachi. Islamabad, Faisalabad, Peshawer, Northern areas like swat, narana and many other places in Pakistan. Here in Lahore, hotel favcility may be provided at discounted rates. Hoping to hear from you people soon. [:)]

Re: Visit to India by a Pakistani

Hi Salim, what are your places of interest . Is it nature, historical monuments,cultural or geographical?

I hope you are aware that the terms between us neighbours are not in good form, but let us hope tourism brings peace and understanding among us.

Thread Starter #3

I m interested in historical and scenic places. Hopefully by the time i visit , relations will get better enough allowing us a peaceful visit

Historical places are many around Delhi and North side. Scenic places there is no place better than kashmir and eastern part of India.

350Z

Core Team

Now i wish to visit India alongwith my family. All the readers are requested to suggest which places i should visit.
Hello neighbor. Welcome to The Automotive India. :smile: There are a lot of places of interests around Delhi like Agra, Mathura, Jaipur, Ajmer, Chandigarh etc. Please let me know in case specific information related to places of interests in Delhi is required.

Since personal vehicles are not allowed hence suggest the places keeping in mind that we will have to travel on public transport.
You can use HOHO tourist bus service by Delhi Tourism & Transport Corp. It covers most of the major tourist attractions in Delhi at affordable price (Link).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Re: Trip To India By a Pakistani – Suggest Tourist Attractions

thanks for all who have responded so quickly

I have already visited Delhi, Matuhra and Agra. Besides these places, i am interested to visit Jaipur. Likewisely, subject to visa limitations, i wish to visit Shimla, Dharamsala and Nanital. kindly let me know if we can roam around in Jaipur in 2-3 days . Similarly , if 3-4 days are sufficient to visit Shimla and around. I hope accomodation and transport will be available for reasonable charges

Salim-Shimla is a small town in Himachal Pradesh which is a Tourist spot primarily for Newly wedded Couples, You might get snow in Jan 2013,Besides this,Mall Road and Famous Jaku Temple of Lord Hanuman can be visited, It's also a capital of Himachal Pradesh.Himachal Pradesh is known for temples.

Thread Starter #8
hastri 265 thanks for the information. can you suggest the names of hotel where you can stay with your family. I will myself visit there web sites for further information. thanks and regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
Visiting india

I intend to visit india during upcomming cricket matches.These matches are scheduled to be held at Begalore,Chinnie,Kolkata and Dehli. I have already visited delhi . This time i intend to visit some other place.

Kindly guide me which city I should visit.I will prefer to travel by raod. Thanks

Re: Visiting india

Salim

Welcome to TAI & India !!

Bangalore would be appropriate for your, but you are entering India via Delhi then by road it is too long and for that matter Bangalore & Chennai are long than Kolkata I hope !!

Thread Starter #12

Indian govt.is reportedly withdrawing this condition. Otherwise only a few people will be able to enjoy this series.

Hey Salim welcome to the forum and welcome to india (almost) :).

If you can get the permit, goto Auli (Uttarakhand/Uttaranchal) for enjoying winter sports there and then since you are already in the Himalayas going to Shimla and Manali will not be a problem(it can be a mighty challenge as well because January is the peak snow season and landslides are just as common as spotting mosquitos in a home [:)])

But again, you should only go ahead for the bookings on whichever place you go only after having the information/confirmation on approved places to visit by the govt of India.

OT:- I am so dieing to Visit the gilgit/baltistan area(watched it on NatGeo), its like Leh/Ladakh of Pakistan or may be even beautiful than that.

Thread Starter #14

infact,visa will be for only those cities where matches will be played. So can't visit shimla etc. Here in pakistan, our northern areas r full of snow for at lease 3-4 months. I have never visited Leh...but i have visited Gilgit and adjoining areas. These r beautiful places. Hopefully, one day , visas will be freeily available so that we may visit cities of ou choice.

thanks

salim

Hi Salim, Welcome to TAI. If you are allowed to go to any other city I would recommend Udaipur. It is a wonderful place. I have not visited myself but will be worth visiting. Seen photos and heard it from my friends who have visited.

Top Bottom