Monsoon Trip To Jog Falls!! Info Needed on Places To Cover

Thread Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Its monsoon & what best season is it to visit Jog[clap]!! Also I heard its amazing this time. I would like to know if anyone has recently been to Jog. I have plans of visiting Kodachadri too. I am actually not sure which place to start with. I had a plan of visiting Jog first then halt enroute in any good place & travel next day to kodachadri. Friends please let me know the way to cover these two places. Also any places enroute which can be covered.

Guys need help on the below:

Trip plan - Which place to visit first & which second.
Any good places enroute.
Good Accomdations to check in.
Good Restaurants too.

I would be leaving Bangalore early morning. On the reply what I get I will decide the route. I also heard there are heavy rains there so please suggest any precautions that needs to be taken. I am travelling with my parents in my Swift. Waiting for replies. I guess Mukesh can help me about Jog as I read his recent post about Jog Trip.

Drive Safe
Santosh

Re: Monsoon Trip !! Info needed on places to cover

Hello Santhosh, great you pay visit to the Jog falls. Jog falls comes near Sirsi and near Chickmagalur, i don't know where Kodachadri is situated but its definitely near Chickmagalur.

One suggestion: Kodachadri is basically for trekking purposes, if your parents can manage to trek then its okay and beware of the leeches!, they are a nightmare in these place.
Else you can try to halt at Kemmanagundi, very nice place and its near jog falls too.

Re: Monsoon Trip !! Info needed on places to cover

Hai Santhosh V
i have finished visiting karnataka last week you can see my travelogue for more details http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/voyage-junction/8908-my-trip-karnataka.html
I think this is the best season to visit jog falls.
kodachadri is not the place for trekking its also a pilgrim spot
It is suituted some 25-30 Kms from kollur mokambigai temple.
A Small Story-Once we know a saint named AATHISANKARAR was doing some offering and pooja for THAI MOOKAMBIGAI to take the god along with him towards kerala.
but the goddess MOOGAMBIGA gave him a condition that AADISANKARAR should not turn back and so goddess will be following him to kerala. but when AADISANKARAR heard a sound of KOLUSU which ladies would be wearing in thier leg.so the AADISANKARAR suddenly turned back and saw so THAI MOOKAMBIGAI settled at the place called kollur.
from the top of the kodachadri one can easily spot the kollur temple.
TO REACH KODACHADRI
route kollur to kodachadri -25 kms APPROXIMATE
shimoga- kodachadri 100 kms via hosanagara nagara and before reaching kollur 20 kms take left towards kodachadri about seven kms you can move with your car and rest 7 kms you have to take hire a jeep for RS 900 otherwise if you have some SUV you can move with yours.
First you reach towards a temple there and from there you have to go trekking about 3 kms, there is the orginal place were AATHISANKARAR meditated. from there you can see the kollur MOOKAMBIGA temple.
please check that if your parents can climb there i visited kodachadri last year it was a wonderful experience.
i think you wont be able to trek due to rain.
REGARDS
RAJ

Top Bottom