Places to Visit in Vellore

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI members,

Vellore is became famous for Golden-Temple,when outsiders visit the Golden-Temple they are also searching for new place to visit in & around Vellore.

As I’m a velloreite, I can able to suggest you some place in & around vellore.

1. Ratnagiri Temple:
This is a Murugar Temple.It is located 13km from Vellore towards Chennai in Madras–Bangalore highway( NH-46).

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
2.Tirthagiri Temple: just 9km from Vellore towards Chennai.(OPP TO STAR HONDA, Rangapuram). This is also a Murugan Temple,but it is located in small hill. you can enjoy the Beauty of nature from the top of the mountain.[:)]

Thread Starter #3
3.Balamathi is a small village located on top of the hills of Eastern Ghats and is a 30 minute drive from Vellore. It is famous for its Balamurugan Temple.
Direction: 11Km from Vellore towards Thiruvanamalai road. Take right at OTTERI Stopping(before Bagayam,keep Muthurangam Arts college as landmark). The Roads are Very nice to DRIVE[;)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
4. If you are Visiting the Golden temple-Sripuram & you want to see the Gopuram from top, go beyond sripuram(towards OOSUR), you can find a road join from left, then take left within 300mtrs you can find the tower on right side, behind that there is a road to one small murugar temple in a small mount, from there you can view the beauty of Golden Gopuram & also you can check your camera ZOOM Quality[evil]

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Great Thread. Definitely useful for tourists. Thanks for starting and keep the pictures coming. I like the first one.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Every one knows SRIPURAM GOLDEN TEMPLE & VELLORE FORT so i left that two places in this thread.

5. SINGIRI TEMPLE: One of the most beautiful scenic spots; Lakshmi Narasimhar with four hands, in Santha roopa with His consort on His right lap (usually He will have His consort on His left lap).[:)]
Darshan Timings: 9 AM to 12 PM and 5 to 6:30 PM
It situated at a distance of about 25 km from Vellore and is off the main road from Vellore to Polur.
While coming from Vellore, after Vellore Govt Medical College and Nelvoy, we branched off to the right (towards west) at a place called Kaniyambadi. This road branches off to the left after a few kms. There is a small board here for the temple but you have to be watchful not to miss it. This goes through a place called Keezh Arasmapat to Singiri Koil. While coming back, since we wanted to go to Padavedu, we went through another road that goes through Kannamangalam and caught up the Vellore – Polur road again. Kannamangalam is 20 km from Vellore and 28 km from Polur on the Vellore – Polur route.[cheers]

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
6. Amirthi Forest: It is approx:15km from SINGIRI TEMPLE.

24-km south of Vellore is the panoramic Amirithi forest rich in its variety of flora and fauna.it is situated under the Javadu Hills of Tellaiacross Amirthi river.Amirthi Zoological Park is a popular picnic spot. A half of this jungle is cleared to serve as a tourist spot while the other half is developed as a wildlife sanctuary.

The area of the park is 25 hectares and one can find beautiful water falls. There are also different kinds of birds and animals. Swings, Seesaw etc., are there for children to play. Numerous kinds of herbal plants and trees and sandal wood trees also grow here. There are 2 rest houses. The entrance fees for park is only Rs 2/- per head, for cycles Rs.3/- for van Rs.5/- for motor cyclesRs.2/- .

last week i gone with my friends and gone beyond Zoo, the road is fantastic and noone is there. really awesome experience. I'll update the pic of that trip ASAP

Attachments

Hey Vinoth this is a nice thread. I have never been to these places at Vellore before. Like you said have been only to the Golden temple. Will keep these in mind and try to visit atleast few of these whenever i cross Vellore next time.

Thread Starter #10
[:D]As per V1per request I’m uploading some photos of Golden Temple. [:D]

(Mobiles and Cameras are strictly prohibited inside the temple)[frustration]

SRIPURAM GOLDEN TEMPLE-VELLORE

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Some PICS of VELLORE FORT[glasses]

Inside Vellore Fort Temple, Church , Mosque, Police training centre, Museum & Register office are available.

Attachments

Nice thread Vinoth.
Myself have visited Golden temple 6 times, and its an absolute beauty to watch the temple at night.

Thanks for sharing all the places in & around vellore.
Atleast i will keep in mind to visit these places during my next visit.

The only changes i made during my visit to Vellore was a trip to Thiruvannamalai & Kanchipuram, and the fort.

Next time i will have to devote some time to the places you have mentioned.

Also Jain temple on the Krishnagiri stretch.

Last edited:
Hey Mr. Appu,

That was an great collection of different destination around vellore. I have been to golden temple and rathna giri [ that too since it was visible from main road when we were going on the way ].

Today I will share this with my wife am sure she is going to love this [ she loves going to temples a lot].

Its very sure in short am going to visit all the places except rathangiri and golden temple since i had already been to these places.

Especially Balamathi Village, bala murugan temple.

Sethu

Thread Starter #15
Its very sure in short am going to visit all the places except rathangiri and golden temple since i had already been to these places.

Especially Balamathi Village, bala murugan temple.

Sethu

Happy to hear that you are going to visit Balamathi verysoon. Even last month also me & my friend went to Balamathi for photo session[:D]

Here is one of the Pic from that Photo Session:
Home - Inventory - View File

Top Bottom