Bangalore To Indore in Mahindra KUV100NXT

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

Its my first ever long route which I am doing in my Mahindra KUV100 NXT top version Petrol variant.

Can someone advise on the route to be taken from Bangalore to Indore.

Please Note:- I prefer night driving. So, suggest routes as applicable.

The route will be Bangalore - Pune - Nashik - Dhule - Indore. This is the fastest route with ample amount of facilities around.

Thanks RK.

So, can this be cut in 2 days trip? I mean can I cover in 2 days, if YES where I need to halt?

Regards,
Rohit J
If you are ok for 13-14 hours drive then drive straight from Bangalore to Pune and take a halt at Pune. On second day again you need to drive around 12-13 hours from Pune to reach Indore.

Also take a note that evening traffic post Khed-Shivapur toll towards Pune (Wakad) will be slow moving. Also late morning traffic (post 7:00am) from Pune to Nashik (till Alephata) will be slow moving.

I would suggest you to do day driving till Pune and take a halt. Next day start at early morning (around 5:00am) from Pune straight to Indore.

Thread Starter #5
ok,

I have taken leave for 7 days. So, was planning to start from Bangalore on Sat (assume) at around 2 pm with enough stops and halts reach somewhere between Pune-Nasik rd. Reach at 7-8 AM (assume). Grab a hotel room, take rest whole day and start again by 4-5pm and reach Indore on Mon before 9 AM.

How you think about this?

When I did Palakkad (Kerala) to Indore, a couple of years ago, I took this route:
Bangalore - Dharwad – Satara- Kapurhole[ Pune] – Narayanpur- Saswad-Wadki-Fursungi-Magarpatta- Nagar road- Nagar- Shirdi- Manmad- Malegaon- Dhule-Indore
Not sure the current road conditions; would have only gotten better I guess.
The details of my post here: Palakkad (Kerala) to Indore (M.P.) - Route Query - Team-BHP

On map Pune looks like bit skewed. Why not through Nagpur? On the other hand, I would like to know if its possible to do Bangalore-Nagpur ina single day and how much time it takes. Also on road conditions, tips to avoid traffic and bad roads while doing Bangalore-Nagpur to and fro.

On map Pune looks like bit skewed. Why not through Nagpur? On the other hand, I would like to know if its possible to do Bangalore-Nagpur ina single day and how much time it takes. Also on road conditions, tips to avoid traffic and bad roads while doing Bangalore-Nagpur to and fro.
Bangalore - Nagpur can be done in a day easily, 12-13hrs with enough breaks. Roads are fantastic. No need to worry too much about Hinghanghat section as well. Reduce the speeds a bit, you should be able to get through fine. The finished sections were good. The unfinished sections did have a very much working 2 lane. I thought the routes between Nagpur - Betul - Harda (or Amaravati - Khandwa) - Indore weren't that good. And the non-existent facilities post Adilabad!

@Rohit, if you start at 2pm on Sat (and spend 1.5 hrs in getting out of Bangalore itself), you will reach Nagpur by 5/6am or so. You can also halt at Buti Bori. I am not aware of the facilities that are open 24hrs in this route. But I would recommend the Pune route b'cos of facilities.

When I did Palakkad (Kerala) to Indore, a couple of years ago, I took this route:
Bangalore - Dharwad – Satara- Kapurhole[ Pune] – Narayanpur- Saswad-Wadki-Fursungi-Magarpatta- Nagar road- Nagar- Shirdi- Manmad- Malegaon- Dhule-Indore
Not sure the current road conditions; would have only gotten better I guess.
The only worrying section for me would be Shirdi - Manmad. The top layer had come off in many places (in Oct/Nov 2017, long ago though). Just a bumpy ride, not that you can't average 70-80kmph in this stretch. And go through Nagar town rather than bypass.

ok,
I have taken leave for 7 days. So, was planning to start from Bangalore on Sat (assume) at around 2 pm with enough stops and halts reach somewhere between Pune-Nasik rd. Reach at 7-8 AM (assume). Grab a hotel room, take rest whole day and start again by 4-5pm and reach Indore on Mon before 9 AM.
How you think about this?
Since it is night driving, in this route, you will reach Pune by 3/4am. If you can plan to continue, you can probably halt at Shirdi! Many budget hotels available on the roadside itself. Otherwise you can halt just after Pune (before Wagholi). The only drawback is that most hotels might have check-in/check-out of 12pm. So you will have to manage that. Bangalore - Indore is definitely doable in 2 days, no doubts on that. You can take the route Manoj has taken. Good, even today. RK can probably compare Nashik/Shirdi routes for you.

Beware of the minimalist facilities (at night) excepting for Petrol bunks and CCDs for company, although many Dhabas will be open post midnight (not ideal for family rest stops).

P.S. Whichever route you take, don't blindly follow Google Maps when it tells you take a shortcut through Lonand from Satara to Shirur. Go through Pune.

Last edited:
The turn to Kapurhol from NH48 is bit tricky as they have closed it with barriers where one needs to go few meters ahead and get a turn via "gap in median". Better to drive straight on highway till Wakad (Hinjewadi Flyover) and take U turn to g towards Nashik Phata (Kasarwadi). Below is the map for it.

Wakad to Nashik Phata
From here their is one straight road till Nashik. There is no need to enter into Nashik city, you may drive till Sinnar Phata and pass below flyover towards Bytco chowk to join Agra Bombay highway. Below is the map for it.

Sinnar Phata to AB Road
This AB road will straightaway take you into Indore.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Thank you guys a lot for those beautiful and detailed routes / plans/ options.

I think I might plan to go via Nagpur. If I leave on Sat at 2:00 PM the traffic will be little less as compared to mornings and evening....
I will reach Nagpur around 7-8 AM(Sun) with enough breaks....Take halt at Nagpur and leave by 6-7 PM(Sun) to Indore.

Nagpur to Indore is it a 4 lane divider road or just a single road?
How much time will it take to reach Indore if I start by 6:00 PM?
Are there any CCD's or 24*7 running restos on the way? Since, I will be travelling with my wife..

Once again thanks to all.

@Casualsurfer, I think Bangalore to Nagpur in ~12.5 hrs as you say is too optimistic. Roughly the road distance is around 1105 kms. That means including breaks your average speed would be 88.4 kmph and roughly with 2 hrs break your actual average driving speed would be 105.2 kmph which is impossible and risky to maintain on Indian roads on such a long stretch. Last year my relative did this stretch on his Xylo and it took him around 17.5-18 hrs with breaks. Even Google Map shows 17-18hrs.

I think I might plan to go via Nagpur. If I leave on Sat at 2:00 PM the traffic will be little less as compared to mornings and evening....
I will reach Nagpur around 7-8 AM(Sun) with enough breaks....Take halt at Nagpur and leave by 6-7 PM(Sun) to Indore.
Definitely possible. 15+ hrs to reach Nagpur is realistic, if with family. My gut feeling says (if you do decide to take this route), you will reach earlier. You can update us, post the trip.

Nagpur to Indore is it a 4 lane divider road or just a single road?
How much time will it take to reach Indore if I start by 6:00 PM?
Since I haven't traveled in this section, I am unable to comment.

Are there any CCD's or 24*7 running restos on the way? Since, I will be travelling with my wife..
Post Adilabad, the rest stops are going to be tricky in this Nagpur route. As RK suggested, if you go ahead via Pune-Nashik, it is the best route with ample CCDs + Kamats littered through out the route.

@Casualsurfer, I think Bangalore to Nagpur in ~12.5 hrs as you say is too optimistic. Roughly the road distance is around 1105 kms. That means including breaks your average speed would be 88.4 kmph and roughly with 2 hrs break your actual average driving speed would be 105.2 kmph which is impossible and risky to maintain on Indian roads on such a long stretch. Last year my relative did this stretch on his Xylo and it took him around 17.5-18 hrs with breaks. Even Google Map shows 17-18hrs.
I am not great long distance driver. I have done it in Oct 2017. I started at 4am from Bangalore & reached Buti Bori at 630pm. I had not crossed 110/120 ever. Mostly between 100-110. And I had to wait at Hyderabad Airport (to pick up my friend) for an hour. This time includes breakfast + lunch + fuel / bio breaks as well. I wasn't with family, just me & my friend. Probably that helped the stops being shorter comparatively. I had Fastag, so that could have helped as well. Post 7-8pm, the traffic on this highway is pretty less. In fact, it will be deserted in many sections (even in the afternoons I couldn't see vehicles for kms together) & the roads till Hinghanghat are beautiful drive on. Timings of 5-5.5hrs for Blr-Hyd (560kms) is pretty common these days, never crossing 110.

Now, I am thinking if I should go via Pune-Nasik or via Nagpur. Because, I believe via Nagpur its going to take more time....
I would still recommend the Pune route due to the better facilities + more 24-hr petrol bunks at night. In terms of time, I think will be pretty similar I suppose. I have not traveled between Nagpur - Indore, although I have done it through Bhopal.

Thread Starter #14
I think I will opt for Bangalore-Pune-Nasik Rd-Indore.

I am sure the entire stretch is with divider irrespective 4 lane or more...Since, I am gonna do this in 2 days and at night, divider road is more preferable.

Thanks.
Rohit Joshi

Hi Rohit,
Did you complete this drive? Please explain your trip details like road conditions, food & fuel options and drive.

Top Bottom